Symphonic Metal

12346»

Comments

• DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Welsh learning wife got some of it and it is quite mystical.
    The bits she managed to pick out are

Sound the fog , moss , granite , lichen, trees , and the moon , to the tapestry of life.

pretty much what mine said :)
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see the new Nightwish album, Endless Forms Most Beautiful, has entered the UK charts at #12.

I'm sure they'll be pleased with that!
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both Leaves' Eyes and Epica have announced UK dates in November, both are playing Bristol! :)

With Delain doing a small tour and Nightwish playing @ Wembley Arena, is Symphonic Metal finally gaining a foothold in the UK I wonder...
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both Leaves' Eyes and Epica have announced UK dates in November, both are playing Bristol! :)

With Delain doing a small tour and Nightwish playing @ Wembley Arena, is Symphonic Metal finally gaining a foothold in the UK I wonder...

Hope so. I am doing my best to make sure it gets a following in Northern Ireland
  • PeteAPeteA Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else listened to the Dark Sarah album, Behind the Black Veil? Dark Sarah is Amberian Dawn's former singer Heidi Parviainen. Musically, the record is kinda what you'd get if Andrew LLoyd-Weber and Tuomas Holopainen had a love child.

It features some excellent duets with guest singers, Manuela Kraller (ex Xandria), Inga Scharf (Van Canto) and Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica).

A bit different from the standard symphonic metal fare, and well worth a listen IMO

Memories Fall
  • PeteAPeteA Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And talking of stuff that's a bit different from the usual symphonic metal fare...

Nemo, by the Harp Twins