Does free music devalue it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    StephenmarraStephenmarra Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justicar wrote: »
    Are you being deliberately awkward? People couldn't own music in the days before recording technology. Now they can.

There will always be a music industry as long as musicians are able to sell their music.

Have you never watched Bertie Wooster ? he used to get the latest Songsheets from America. :D
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justicar wrote: »
    Are you being deliberately awkward? People couldn't own music in the days before recording technology. Now they can.

There will always be a music industry as long as musicians are able to sell their music.

People have never owned music. They buy a CD or whatever their preferred format is but the music remains the property of the rights holder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People have never owned music. They buy a CD or whatever their preferred format is but the music remains the property of the rights holder.
    You're just being silly now.
  • Options
    JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you're on a wind up. Wish I'd twigged earlier, would've saved myself a precious few seconds of my life.