Options

I think my box has died

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just carried out the proecedure for the last 30mins on the issue and hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Box is up and running again and all downloads intake :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    SMURFIT wrote: »
    Just carried out the proecedure for the last 30mins on the issue and hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Box is up and running again and all downloads intake :rolleyes:

I'm glad you managed to save your downloads. That seemed to work for some people, but more of us have had to reformat to recover. Murphy's Law in action, I guess!!!

The really annoying thing about all this is that it was clearly a potentially avoidable incident, given a little more quality control, perhaps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    antient wrote: »
    I'm glad you managed to save your downloads. That seemed to work for some people, but more of us have had to reformat to recover. Murphy's Law in action, I guess!!!

The really annoying thing about all this is that it was clearly a potentially avoidable incident, given a little more quality control, perhaps.

IMHO i think this is a software issue.
    I have 3 boxes, 2 on 2.99 version and 1 on 3.59 version.
    The 2 on 2.99 have had no problems, but the 1 on 3.59 was the 1 that crashed:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Software revert didn't work so did full HD reset - all seems to be OK now. Lost all recordings but I can easily start again. Phew!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

Another dead box here yesterday. I was running v3.59 and the 14 day (i.e. not FreeView+) EPG. Bit of a recurring theme on the forum here...... No joy with the posted fixes yet.

Tried calling TopUpTV a couple of times as well. "Due to high call volume you may be waiting up to 15 minutes" which sadly is a moot point as it cuts you off after 3 minutes waiting anyway.

Thanks Keiron for acknowledging this. I hope a fix can be rolled out soon.

JohnnyM.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I have a cunning plan...

I'm going to do a front panel revert to 2.99 at about 11am. Why 11am? Because if the problem was caused by yesterday's EPG download being corrupt and upsetting 3.59, then today's (hopefully OK) EPG will hopefully be downloaded before my box has a chance to download 3.59 again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Have reverted back to 2.99 successfully, but cant seem to switch forward to 3.59.

Are there different keys to switch forward? Or is there a knack?

The buttons on the box front work ok as they function in menu etc. I want to get back to 3.59 so I dont lose 2.99 when auto update occurs.

Steve
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    The TUTV reset worked for me, kept the library and 3.59 software.

When performing this sequence of button presses it is important to make sure the front panel buttons are working properly, you should hear them click. You have to push them in quite a long way for this to happen. Its easy, when doing them quickly, as u have to do, to not fully depress one which will cock things up.

The other problem why some peoples boxes are not responding might be to a weak PSU as these boxes are known to have poor quality capacitors in the power supply. If the PSU is down on power then no amount of button presses is going to bring it back to life.
  • Options
    SAKSAK Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    dendennis wrote: »
    revert to 2.99 :-

unplug, plug in again, press on button repeatedly,
    then when the light stops flashing press Menu then OK.

do all this from the box front panel NOT the remote.

good luck.

Both my versions were 3.59, so will be unable to revert to 2.99:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From an observation point of view, i successfully got the box rebooted and the software reverted back to 2.99.
    However having carried this out and getting the update for 3.59 now the box has gone tits up again.
    This imho can only be a software issue not a box issue.
    Back to the finger on the front again:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,796
    Forum Member
    I'm in dead boxville, arizona as well:cry:

Nowt working around it, front panel trick etc:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    netman wrote: »
    Have reverted back to 2.99 successfully, but cant seem to switch forward to 3.59.

Are there different keys to switch forward? Or is there a knack?

The buttons on the box front work ok as they function in menu etc. I want to get back to 3.59 so I dont lose 2.99 when auto update occurs.

Steve

If you are up and running on 2.99, then you should be able to switch back to 3.59 using the menu system, i.e.

Menu/Setup/Help/Green Button/Yellow Button

N.B. The Green button is not an obvious option, but it does work!
  • Options
    clinchclinch Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 2 on 2.99 have had no problems, but the 1 on 3.59 was the 1 that crashed:rolleyes:

I am on 2.99 and have problems.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I fell asleep on the couch last night (Blame the Jack Daniels) wok up at 3 am amber light, fell asleep , woke up at 5 am switched off top up tv Thompson box went to bed. Woke up at 8am , had coffee, switched on top up box still amber ..cycyling reboot i think.

Did the Hold standby plug in , flash .. press menu then ok. Let it do its thing then went to amber .. made second cup of coffee when back into lounge. its red! whohoo.

Sofware is 2.99.

Moral of the story
    1. Dont think Jack Daniels had anything to do with Amber light.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    I fell asleep on the couch last night (Blame the Jack Daniels) wok up at 3 am amber light, fell asleep , woke up at 5 am switched off top up tv Thompson box went to bed. Woke up at 8am , had coffee, switched on top up box still amber ..cycyling reboot i think.

Did the Hold standby plug in , flash .. press menu then ok. Let it do its thing then went to amber .. made second cup of coffee when back into lounge. its red! whohoo.

Sofware is 2.99.

Moral of the story
    1. Dont think Jack Daniels had anything to do with Amber light.

Hurrah for Jack Daniels:D
  • Options
    MatterhornMatterhorn Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to let all you TUTV subscribers know that neither my Sky+ (freesat) or BTV box have been affected by anything this weekend....:p:D;)
  • Options
    digiwigidigiwigi Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same endless looping problem here, I could only solve it by doing a HDD format. Seems to be effecting a lot of people.

Using 3.59/250gb model & 8 day EPG if that helps
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matterhorn wrote: »
    Just to let all you TUTV subscribers know that neither my Sky+ (freesat) or BTV box have been affected by anything this weekend....:p:D;)
    Thats not very nice:p My TUTV box was affected.
    However my:-
    Sky+
    Vision
    Freesat PVR
    Spare Freeview PVR

Have not been affected either.:p:D;)
  • Options
    clinchclinch Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matterhorn wrote: »

You are not one of these Sky+ users then? ;)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1016032
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Well this seems to have terminally killed my box.

Had the endless looping last night, so unplugged the box and decided to leave it off all night.

powered up this morning, and no lights on the front at all.
    disk just sort of limps along.

totally knackered.
  • Options
    MatterhornMatterhorn Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clinch wrote: »
    You are not one of these Sky+ users then? ;)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1016032

nope, don't have the service just use it as a freesat box.

seriously though I hope the TUTV subbers get some good luck with this sometime soon.

You have the patience of saints..!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member

As with someone else who quoted this, I was also on 2.99 because 3.59 had picture aspect ratio problems. And still had the same problem.

Also doubt I can revert because I was on 2.99.

However, after our box managed to get out of the rebooting loop (once you see the green flahsing light and changes to amber, press the standby button on thge remote. You should see a delayed red light (as action for pressing a button) then amber light continues, but pic comes on. then turns off, and can be turned on in normal fashion) it seems all is well. even download TUTV content, which deleted fine.

Who knows?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I seem to be one of a small number of TUTV subscribers that has not encountered a problem this weekend, so far (urgently looking around for a piece of wood to grab)! I have a DTI6300-16, running software version 3.59, with TUTV 14-day EPG. When I left for work this morning, the box was quietly purring as it downloaded today's viewing. The first I knew about any problems, was when I read this forum.
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Mine when doing the full HDD reset etc deleted my recordings, but stayed on v3.59, instead of v2.99 that others are reporting.

Seems like I may get an issue again? :confused:
  • Options
    SAKSAK Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Mine is now working.
    I left it doing it's rebooting thing this morning, and I guess it has picked up new download for today.
    Still on 3.59, library still intact, fv+ guide building.
    Only messages is about the missed recordings from last night when it faulted.
    I hope everyone elses comes back on.
    Would like to know what caused this in the first place. Will we get an explanation??