Michael Jackson/Conrad Murray Trial

Comments

• GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zoe_lou wrote: »
    I think he swore at the start yesterday, quite frustrating start for them i think ha

Post #442 .
    Glomper wrote: »
    The bespectacled defence lawyer just said "f**k it" to the judge in frustration !

It sure sounded like that .....

Just rewound SKY+ during break, he said it for sure.

Then he got called up to the judge.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok, not ignoring, will do when got my baby in bed

No problems, don't if you can't. I know what it's like with a little one :)
  • GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I note the defence lawyer was trying to imply MJ could reach the pills from the bed, the table being around 2 feet from the bed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    No problems, don't if you can't. I know what it's like with a little one :)

its not a link, someone I follow on twitter from associated press, i have no idea who he is, just has little bits about the trial

mccartneyAPAnthony McCartney

Prosecutor told judge that toxicology and other experts will be called. Says he "may" call detective who will play interview.

Dont know if im reading it wrong, but i got that as only may call that detective

EDIT: I think i may have read it wrong, looking back. It was late at night when i first saw it, im as bad as this woman :|
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's playing her like a Piano at the moment.
    I can see this lady being in a lot of trouble after this.
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's playing her like a Piano at the moment.
    I can see this lady being in a lot of trouble after this.

The absence of a photo of this bag with bottle in it could be a serious problem for the prosecution...they have her word, possibly that of a cop and the dodgy Alvarez it was ever there.

And he has also dragged out of her that the house was not secured for a period before she returned for the second round of evidence collection :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The absence of a photo of this bag with bottle in it could be a serious problem for the prosecution...they have her word, possibly that of a cop and the dodgy Alvarez it was ever there.

And he has also dragged out of her that the house was not secured for a period before she returned for the second round of evidence collection :eek:

I also raised that in a previous post - I think this will be major factor, imo, for the Defence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why didnt she take a picture of the bottle in the bag? surely that is something you would do
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why didnt she take a picture of the bottle in the bag? surely that is something you would do

seems insane.
    take picture of bottle in Bag THEN take the picture currently being used.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You would have thought so. The only thing I find heartening really is the fact that she's admitting to making some mistakes, she could have easily have "doctored" the pics/notes etc to cover her own back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats it they're just mistakes, not trying to hide anything, she's not doing anything criminal

(unlike some in that room.....)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Big, no, HUGE mistake, not taking a photo of the bottle in the bag!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats it they're just mistakes, not trying to hide anything, she's not doing anything criminal

(unlike some in that room.....)

Yeah but those mistakes could cost / undermine the Prosecution's case. If enough witnesses are shown to make mistakes then....:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would have thought so. The only thing I find heartening really is the fact that she's admitting to making some mistakes, she could have easily have "doctored" the pics/notes etc to cover her own back.

You're right she could have...but I also recall defence trying to press Alvarez on exactly when he drew the picture indicating the bottle in the bag...I got the impression it was not in 2009.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the look on her Face I think she knows that couldnt have gone anyworse even if she tried,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right she could have...but I also recall defence trying to press Alvarez on exactly when he drew the picture indicating the bottle in the bag...I got the impression it was not in 2009.

It did seem a tad shaky to me at the time they showed the different drawings, maybe there was some "prompting" or "refreshing" going on :rolleyes: They reminded me of a child's drawing (1st) and then an adults :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but those mistakes could cost / undermine the Prosecution's case. If enough witnesses are shown to make mistakes then....:(

I know, I need to stay optimistic though :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the way this is dragging on I cant see the police being called again today it looks like its still with the coroners office.
  • LamparillaLamparilla Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It did seem a tad shaky to me at the time they showed the different drawings, maybe there was some "prompting" or "refreshing" going on :rolleyes: They reminded me of a child's drawing (1st) and then an adults :)

Yes - I made this point on the evening Alvarez testified, but I thought that the defence didn't press him enough on the amazing difference between the two sketches.

They did, however, ask him if the prosecution had got him to do the second drawing, and he made out that he didn't know what they meant, but then agreed that he had indeed drawn it for the prosecution.
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this guy is a bit wordy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *no finger prints of michaels found on anything
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm glad you said it first...not me...at some point...possibly at prelim...I think the prosecution realised they were shaky on this.

What I don't understand is that the DA must or should have known this...instead of the snow job of droning on yesterday about juice bottles...he should have got her to say what she said on re-direct UP FRONT yesterday.

It left the door open for defence to make this point and thus cast more doubt on the conduct of that work.

And since she was supposed to be there to collect "Medical evidence" why the hell didn't she take the IV bag on that stand on 25th...if an IV stand and tubing is not medical what the heck is it. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    this guy is a bit wordy

I can see this being a very long stint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have you seen the size of his file!
    I think we'll have him rest of the night
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    this guy is a bit wordy

I'm finding him quite interesting at the moment, amazing what I've learnt since this trial started.

I'm wondering who, from the Defence, is going to take on this confident/self assured witness!
This discussion has been closed.