The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind - something went down in LA earlier this year involving a meeting that left the Jeds in a very good mood. It's likely that Louis had a hand in organising that. Also remember after the news broke that UMI had parted ways with the Jeds, Louis was quoted saying he was confident they'd find another label. I think there's stuff that's happened behind the scenes that can't be mentioned at the moment. Let's wait and see! :)

Another thing - in the early years, the Jeds did a lot of commercial endorsements. That let them build up a good financial base which means now they don't need to do all the ads and can take a step back and work on things for love, not money. So while they might not be as busy, when they do do something, it's Jepic!

BIB - do you think they still get approached to do endorsements? I had assumed the reason there aren't any ads featuring them any more was because they aren't being asked, but you could be right and it's their choice..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    BIB - do you think they still get approached to do endorsements? I had assumed the reason there aren't any ads featuring them any more was because they aren't being asked, but you could be right and it's their choice..

I think they do get approached to do endorsements but maybe more selective with their choices
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm hoping it's through their own choice & not that they're not getting asked anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    louis always wanted to bring out a new boyband, so I can't judge him on that. But it's his manage skill on John and Edward I don't trust. To me I think he should have arranged them some serious dancing and singing lessons before the 2nd album. I'm not saying they aren't amazing but a period of time off to focus on perfecting their performance can only bring them great benefit. I'm not fully in this fandom when he dicided to let them go to esc twice in a row, so I don't know why he did it, but it turned out to be not a very great decision to me.

I'm waiting to see what will those top secrets be, and I really trust them, this year will be Jepic.

And also, I think they don't do any commercials lately may because they are not being asked. But they can use these pricious time to write music, to practice their performance. I think we can all agree their recent Canada performances and Lipstick in melyfest are their best TV performances to date.
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the impression they are trying to up their celeb status and indorsing any old product wouldn't fit in with that....maybe if they were offered something big, they'd take it..but I don't know..

Anyway If you have facebook please like this picture to vote for Jedward as the best interval of the year!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=542439372468238&set=a.542439345801574.1073741831.147571041955075&type=1&theater

:)
  • AgeOfParanoiaAgeOfParanoia Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I can't see Louis getting a band as big as 1D ( or Westlife) again. Remember his last 'big thing' - Wonderland??? I still think Jedward is his best bet - I'm sure that even if they never sell as many records as 1D, they will be around long after 1D disappear !:)
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think they'd get the sort of UK deals they had in the past, but I'd imagine they're still hot property in Ireland. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintwendy wrote: »
    To me I think he should have arranged them some serious dancing and singing lessons before the 2nd album.

Do you mean before the tour rather than the album? Before the album they had the Eurovision vocal coaching which meant that by the time they recorded Victory, their voices were so strong that the production didn't have to mix their voices beneath the backing vocals as was done on Planet Jedward. On Victory you can tell which twin is singing his part - that wasn't possible on Planet Jedward. And they improved even further with Young Love. The recent live performances of Young Love and Luminous really showed their strengths. :)
    Forum Member
    their voices were so strong that the production didn't have to mix their voices beneath the backing vocals as was done on Planet Jedward. On Victory you can tell which twin is singing his part - that wasn't possible on Planet Jedward. And they improved even further with Young Love. The recent live performances of Young Love and Luminous really showed their strengths. :)
    thanks for the explaination, yeah, maybe more lessions to make sure they can sing great live on TV at that time. I know, they've improve so much. And in LA they can record 9 songs in a short periode of time shows how good they are. I think I may just
    need to see them nail their high notes everytime, and dance in sync in some parts of the routine, then I will stop complaining :p
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they have changed their twitter bio to "We Love Our Fans Pop Rocket is Coming to Australia " :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    they have changed their twitter bio to "We Love Our Fans Pop Rocket is Coming to Australia " :)

They've also tweeted that they'll be coming in April, and fans are guessing they'll be coming to Sydney. Hopefully they'll soon announce more specific dates so that fans in other states (and me in NZ!) can fly over without the flights costing too much.
  • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed the April tweet! That's great news , there will be/is lots of excitement out there! :D Hope you get to meet them SP....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the twins last night tweeted a list of Australian radio/TV/mags and asked fans to contact them.

Reaction from fans seemed to fall into 2 camps - those who went for it and tweeted everyone on the list, and those who were dismayed and thought spamming was a terrible idea.

I've also seen mixed reactions from the recipients of the tweets, eg:

"Wow. We're seeing a lot of love for @planetjedward come our way." (obviously good)

"Okay, @planetjedward fans, we've got the message. You can stop spamming us now. It's getting kind of annoying." (obviously bad)

"In the process of being #TwitterBombed by @PlanetJedward fans." (not sure)

What does everyone think? If the twins ask us to do something should we do it regardless? Do the positive responses outweigh the negatives? Or is more harm than good being done? I just don't know.
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the twins last night tweeted a list of Australian radio/TV/mags and asked fans to contact them.

Reaction from fans seemed to fall into 2 camps - those who went for it and tweeted everyone on the list, and those who were dismayed and thought spamming was a terrible idea.

I've also seen mixed reactions from the recipients of the tweets, eg:

"Wow. We're seeing a lot of love for @planetjedward come our way." (obviously good)

"Okay, @planetjedward fans, we've got the message. You can stop spamming us now. It's getting kind of annoying." (obviously bad)

"In the process of being #TwitterBombed by @PlanetJedward fans." (not sure)

What does everyone think? If the twins ask us to do something should we do it regardless? Do the positive responses outweigh the negatives? Or is more harm than good being done? I just don't know.

I'm glad you asked this because I don't know either. I was in the anti-spamming camp but it seems to have got results so what do I know.

I've got to be honest I'm don't understand their longer term aim and what they want to achieve. If it's to boost the album then its needs to mentioned a lot more doesn't it? :o

Anyway on the positive Australia will be a wonderful adventure for them and a great opportunity for those fans who have worked tirelessly to get them noticed. It's an opportunity that probably wouldn't haven't happened without Jedward.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody having problems getting on twitter via iPhone I have today and yesterday it's fine on my laptop but just on my iPhone please helps it's so annoying
    Forum Member
    I think most people are not going to say "I love being twitterbombed", but there's no harm to do so. It's just how we do it, to help them get noticed, they can ignore them if they are not interested. I believe positive responses outweigh the negatives.

the radio station said "It's getting kind of annoying" is a independent radio for the GLBTQI community, also requires memberships. so I think this is a special case, don't need to think too much about it :) Maybe we should pay more attention about who to spam next.

Personally I think we should always do what the twins tell us to do, they need our support. but do what we are comfortable about, do what we think is the right thing. Cos in the end it's about us being a happy jedicated fan :)

I didn't spam last night cos I was sleeping, I think there's enough tweets right now (?) so I will do it another time.
    Forum Member
    Anybody having problems getting on twitter via iPhone I have today and yesterday it's fine on my laptop but just on my iPhone please helps it's so annoying
    Have you tried to upgrade the app? or deleted it and download another one?

I found this in twitter's help center hope it will help.

Twitter for iPhone Troubleshooting and Known Issues
    https://support.twitter.com/groups/34-apps-sms-and-mobile/topics/154-twitter-for-ios-iphone-ipad-mac/articles/20169906-twitter-for-iphone-troubleshooting-and-known-issues
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont use the app just log in manually as forgot my apple id password it's so annoying
    Forum Member
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    I've got to be honest I'm don't understand their longer term aim and what they want to achieve. If it's to boost the album then its needs to mentioned a lot more doesn't it? :o
    I think they want to break into america, don't they?

Oh I really want to know what will happen later this year :') We know they will go to Australia soon, and Sweden to record songs and hopefully ESC appearances, and maybe some Much Music Awards related stuff. But apart from recording songs these are not major stuff.

They used to tell us everything, and now I'm not very used to that they can't tell us everything. :') I guess It is a special period of time for them atm, so I will be patient, and I believe in them.
    Forum Member
    I dont use the app just log in manually as forgot my apple id password it's so annoying
    If you need to find your apple id password, you can google how to get it back, I think xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you need to find your apple id password, you can google how to get it back, I think xx

The problem is I"m not technical minded at all
    Forum Member
    The problem is I"m not technical minded at all
    Oh, I use android so I can't be very helpful, sorry, maybe asked a friend near you, or go to apple store :)
  • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so cute and, if I remember correctly, was made by River T? :D

http://instagram.com/p/XM-w2HqWBH/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they want to break into america, don't they?

Oh I really want to know what will happen later this year :') We know they will go to Australia soon, and Sweden to record songs and hopefully ESC appearances, and maybe some Much Music Awards related stuff. But apart from recording songs these are not major stuff.

They used to tell us everything, and now I'm not very used to that they can't tell us everything. :') I guess It is a special period of time for them atm, so I will be patient, and I believe in them.

I'm hoping that they are preparing the ground for the release of their next album, hopefully with a major new record label. Maybe they are trying to get better known in Canada, Australia and other countries ready for launching the album there?

It is hard that they don't or can't tell us much at the moment, and unfortunately some existing fans are becoming frustrated or losing interest and drifting away. Hopefully a lot of them will come back as soon as things become clearer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping that they are preparing the ground for the release of their next album, hopefully with a major new record label. Maybe they are trying to get better known in Canada, Australia and other countries ready for launching the album there?

It is hard that they don't or can't tell us much at the moment, and unfortunately some existing fans are becoming frustrated or losing interest and drifting away. Hopefully a lot of them will come back as soon as things become clearer.

i hope fans come back i get frustrated as much as the next fan but i would never leave them they are to important to me

when they tour or if they tour might be summer
This discussion has been closed.