Options

Grace Dent used be funny

lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
Forum Member
✭✭
What happened? Just not finding her at all as funny as she used be before she started taking the BB dollar.

Maybe it's the way she's edited or the lack of time she's given to expand on any of the HMs? Or maybe it's just the general direness of BBLB and its woeful presenter that turns everything to absolute shite.

Anyway, she just comes across as trite and laboured which, considering how spot on and laugh out loud funny she was when she was blogging, is all a bit sad. I'm mourning the Grace that told it how it was and didn't march to someone else's tune. :(

Comments

• Options
    titfortattitfortat Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    What happened? Just not finding her at all as funny as she used be before she started taking the BB dollar.

Maybe it's the way she's edited or the lack of time she's given to expand on any of the HMs? Or maybe it's just the general direness of BBLB and its woeful presenter that turns everything to absolute shite.

Anyway, she just comes across as trite and laboured which, considering how spot on and laugh out loud funny she was when she was blogging, is all a bit sad. I'm mourning the Grace that told it how it was and didn't march to someone else's tune. :(

She has lamb to try and bounce off of. That is hard work for the best in the world
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grace Dent's blogs had me in stitches.

But she's not as funny face-to-face.

I still agree with her views on the housemates though. She's always in touch with the majority of the audience.
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see what you saw. Love Grace, don't always agree with her but usually do :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know - Lamb is beyond dire and and that would be a major struggle for anyone - but she just seems to have lost all that edge that made her columns so brilliant...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's true. Grace's RT blogs used to be absolute genius... she lost it last year having to toe the line and on TV she doesn't come across whatsoever. She's too quiet and softly-spoken to be a good TV comedian
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's succinctly funny on Twitter
  • Options
    puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    Grace Dent is just as funny as she always was. She's spot on with her observations and she has the courage to say what she thinks. She's great, I'd like to hear more of her on BBLB. At least she watches the show and knows what she's talking about. Nothing worse than a guest who's obviously never seen the show before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnny-br wrote: »
    It's true. Grace's RT blogs used to be absolute genius... she lost it last year having to toe the line and on TV she doesn't come across whatsoever. She's too quiet and softly-spoken to be a good TV comedian

Yes, agree, guess that's what it is.

I think you're also right about her being forced into a comedy role that that doesn't suit her personality at all, this requirement to perform. She works much better on paper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    puddytat wrote: »
    Grace Dent is just as funny as she always was. She's spot on with her observations and she has the courage to say what she thinks. She's great, I'd like to hear more of her on BBLB. At least she watches the show and knows what she's talking about. Nothing worse than a guest who's obviously never seen the show before.

No, disagree. Her columns were exceptional, head and shoulders above any others out there. She is just not anywhere near as funny and sharp in person.

I just wish she had a different platform ie. one she didn't have to share with Lamb and the never-ending trail of lame-brained vacuous knobheads and fools who pass for guest entertainment on that prog.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    She's succinctly funny on Twitter

yep her and Emma Kennedy are hilarious on tweet about BB
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah her twitter is good. Where's Emma Kennedy's, i've not come across it (actually who IS Emma Kennedy?! haha)