Options

South Africa vs Uruguay

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a piss take. 30 odd seconds and I would of won 15 pounds from a £1 bet :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    Great assist by Forlan, and 2 goals too. Great night for him and his team-mates.

Forlan didn't assist the third goal...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Needed a result like this to shut those vuvuzelas up. For the last 20mins actually heard some atmosphere.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    thejel wrote: »
    was uruguay beating the hosts 3-0 a better result than the Germans thrashing the Aussies?

I think so, a few people have slated me on here saying there was no quality in the African sides but it you don't have any quality going forward you have no chance
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Final goal for Uruguay could be very signficent if it comes down to goal difference in the end
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bafana bafail in the end
  • Options
    LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thejel wrote: »
    was uruguay beating the hosts 3-0 a better result than the Germans thrashing the Aussies?

YES :D

because it shut the horns up :D:D
  • Options
    astonv8astonv8 Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Uryguay so much!

Long live bafana bafana!
  • Options
    THRTHR Posts: 9,808
    Forum Member
    I still hope that SA beats France in their final game, not for any other reason but just to see that irritating Domenech lose and the grin wiped off his face!
  • Options
    JamieRoss1988JamieRoss1988 Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing result for South Africa :( I was convinced they'd win, being the host nation.
  • Options
    truantmusetruantmuse Posts: 8,683
    Forum Member
    poor bafana bafana - my brother is in mourning he says, lol. The africans are going to be depressed tomorrow.
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    SummerRain wrote: »
    Forlan didn't assist the third goal...

Not directly, but it was a great pass which led to the assist.

Pre-assist then. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    Not directly, but it was a great pass.

Definitely.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TomDaOne wrote: »
    Did also practice his "bench sitting skills"? He'll need to get the technique down if he's to make a good job of it.

yep, he's also been avoiding anything green and resisting temptation to surrender to passing German fans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So far, Forlan and Messi have been a complete joy to watch. Can't say the same for most of the other big names like Kaka etc.
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    love watching forlan prove the english media wrong!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    love watching forlan prove the english media wrong!

he did that once before when he annihilated Fulham
  • Options
    SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already done it in the Europa League Final against Fulham.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Mr Giggles wrote: »
    Sadly it's not possible,

Don't see why it's not possible. The vuvuzelas all seem to sound the same note. Surely if a notch filter, at the primary audio frequency of the 'swarm of bees', were inserted in the ambient audio stream before combination with the commentary, it should be possible at least to attenuate it quite a bit.

I heard 'Lawro' remark that the vuvuzelas were the loudest he had heard and yet I found them less intrusive tonight than previously. This certainly makes me suspect something has been done to tone them down in the broadcasts ... thank heavens!

e.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    South Africa need France and Mexico to draw tomorrow
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm haven't seen all the matches but this was the best so far thanks to Uruguay and their attacking style . Even when they scored the first and second they did not sit back and go all defensive . I suppose thanks has to go to the Uruguay manager for this entertaining approach.

SA were just abysmal and on that performance will not reach the second round.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was offside, despite the director deciding to pause it at the last moment and the commentators not watching properly.

as when it gets deflected his past the last man
    I agree. It certainly looked as though it was deflected on the way through but the coverage didn't analyse that in any detail to see whether Suarez was offside when the "touch" happened. Almost impossible for the officials to see it, of course, so it wouldn't have made any difference to the decision, but I too thought the coverage missed a trick.

K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was Uruguay's first win in the world cup in 20 years