Options

Will there be any historic faces in series 6 of DW?

molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
Forum Member
✭✭
*spoilers perhaps.

Does anyone know if there will be any famous faces that the doctor takes a trip to the past to see?
We've had
-Charles Dickens
-William Shakespeare
-WInston Churchill
-Agatha Christie
-Vincent Van Gogh

I thought that episode in series 5 with Van Gogh was so touching, I would love for them to go back and visit poet Sylvia Plath, that would be extremely emotional (long story for those who don't know it) but does anyone know who could be appearing in the next series? :)

Comments

• Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Nothing thus far has been mentioned, but there is likely to be someone at some stage. We had Dickens in Series 1, Queen Victoria and Madame de Pompadour in Series 2, Shakespeare in Series 3, Agatha Christie in Series 4, a clever slant on a future famous person with Adelaide Brooke in The Specials, a similar clever take in Series 5 with Liz Ten, which also featured Churchill and Van Gogh.

It is highly likely we'll get one or two more famous faces showing up. From the trailer, there are quite a few historic time zones, so it seems likely. Or maybe even Marilyn Monroe after all the mentions in ACC???;) Perhaps maybe a US President in the opening story in the US....JFK, or Lyndon Johnson or Hubert Humphrey maybe? Or maybe Neil Armstrong/Buzz Aldrin if they cover the moon landing in the story? Oh the oppertunity! :D

No matter what, you can almost guarantee a famous face of sorts in the series, and it'll usually be someone well known to the public. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing thus far has been mentioned, but there is likely to be someone at some stage. We had Dickens in Series 1, Queen Victoria and Madame de Pompadour in Series 2, Shakespeare in Series 3, Agatha Christie in Series 4, a clever slant on a future famous person with Adelaide Brooke in The Specials, a similar clever take in Series 5 with Liz Ten, which also featured Churchill and Van Gogh.

It is highly likely we'll get one or two more famous faces showing up. From the trailer, there are quite a few historic time zones, so it seems likely. Or maybe even Marilyn Monroe after all the mentions in ACC???;) Perhaps maybe a US President in the opening story in the US....JFK, or Lyndon Johnson or Hubert Humphrey maybe? Or maybe Neil Armstrong/Buzz Aldrin if they cover the moon landing in the story? Oh the oppertunity! :D

No matter what, you can almost guarantee a famous face of sorts in the series, and it'll usually be someone well known to the public. :)

Ahh well let's hope so! I think JFK would be a brilliant oppurtunity!
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Alan Turing. Pivotal character in the development of modern technology (ripe for sci-fi), tragic ending, thoroughly British, and good way to perpetuate the gay agenda!
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Perhaps this thread should be "Which famous historical figure would you like to see in series 6"
    Mine would be Douglas Bader the 2nd world war fighter pilot who lost his legs, mainly becasue he's a personal hero of mine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    molybecks wrote: »
    Ahh well let's hope so! I think JFK would be a brilliant oppurtunity!

Indeed, although a bit timey wimey if it concerned the assassination, which The Ninth Doctor witnessed. As for me, would love to see Dick Turpin, Charles II or Boudicca :D
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps maybe a US President in the opening story in the US....JFK, or Lyndon Johnson or Hubert Humphrey maybe? Or maybe Neil Armstrong/Buzz Aldrin if they cover the moon landing in the story? Oh the oppertunity! :D

According to Wikipedia the US-based story is set in the 1960s which would give you a choice, Presidents-wise of

Dwight Eisenhower
    JFK
    Lyndon Johnson
    Richard Nixon
  • Options
    Seamus2008Seamus2008 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love The Doctor to meet Virginia Woolf, Robert Burns, Enid Blyton and Lewis Carroll.

I've got a thing for poets and writers, haven't I? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seamus2008 wrote: »
    I'd love The Doctor to meet Virginia Woolf, Robert Burns, Enid Blyton and Lewis Carroll.

I've got a thing for poets and writers, haven't I? :D

Haha Virginia Woolf would be brilliant! Lewis Carroll also! :)
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan Turing. Pivotal character in the development of modern technology (ripe for sci-fi), tragic ending, thoroughly British, and good way to perpetuate the gay agenda!

I see your point, but mention of Alan Turing makes me sad and mad at the same time. Tragic story.
    Seamus2008 wrote: »

With or without Noddy?:D

Agree with Lewis Carroll. Also, J R R Tolkien. And Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
  • Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    I see your point, but mention of Alan Turing makes me sad and mad at the same time. Tragic story.

Oh yes please!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I third that :D Saying that, I was more interested in his Professor Challenger character than his Sherlock Holmes character, so would love a 'Lost World' kind of story. This could also fulfill Matt Smith's wish for an episode with dinosaurs. I can imagine it now....... The Doctor, Doyle, Dinosaurs. :rolleyes::D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This could also fulfill Matt Smith's wish for an episode with dinosaurs. I can imagine it now....... The Doctor, Doyle, Dinosaurs. :rolleyes::D:D:D
    I have only one thing to add to that. The Doctor, Doyle, Dinosaurs, Silurians.
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd quite like the Doctor to be in Clear Lake, Iowa, on February 3rd 1959, at the final ever Buddy Holly gig. Later on, the Doctor dissuades Buddy, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper from taking a plane to their next gig, transporting them there in his TARDIS instead.

All fine and dandy, except that the Doctor was unaware that the plane crash that killed Buddy and the other two is a fixed point in time, and we then see the major consequences of his changing this particular piece of history. Not entirely sure what the consequences would have been, but they would definitely have been major!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not entirely sure what the consequences would have been, but they would definitely have been major!
    Really? Would the existence of one of them bring about the end of the world, or otherwise threaten reality?
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Would the existence of one of them bring about the end of the world, or otherwise threaten reality?

Probably not, but I'm sure some clever writer could come up with something to make the consequences major! I only suggested it, because I like Buddy Holly and fifties rock 'n' roll generally, so I'd be equally happy if the Doctor just went back to Memphis in 1956 and met Elvis! However, I just like the idea of the Buddy Holly plane crash not actually happening.