Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all going off now, Kellys flipped her lid, hung wilder, had Julie koshed, got Merv tied up, and has now got Ferguson and Connors in the laundry to fight, winner kills the loser, its bloody great :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now where have i seen that bloke before that bumped Nora off, and is now after Lexi, for the life of me i can't remember, and its bugging me! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Now where have i seen that bloke before that bumped Nora off, and is now after Lexi, for the life of me i can't remember, and its bugging me! :p

He played Erica's brother in early 200's when she went to see her sick mother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    He played Erica's brother in early 200's when she went to see her sick mother.

Thats him!, cheers, i knew id seen the bugger before :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    thank god it's over!!!! that f##king charity panto, I swear to God, if I had to hear Gaffney sing 'Midnight Special' one more time (along with Lizzie's hilarious:yawn: comedy routine) I've have gone loopy.
    The retarded incestuous pregnant girl story is done and dusted and we're finally getting back to something exciting. Anyday now they'll be getting a special delivery of turpentine and the corridors will be filled with the aroma of signed Mouse.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    thank god it's over!!!! that f##king charity panto, I swear to God, if I had to hear Gaffney sing 'Midnight Special' one more time (along with Lizzie's hilarious:yawn: comedy routine) I've have gone loopy.
    The retarded incestuous pregnant girl story is done and dusted and we're finally getting back to something exciting. Anyday now they'll be getting a special delivery of turpentine and the corridors will be filled with the aroma of signed Mouse.

I'm around the same point as you. I haven't seen these episodes before in sequence, but given the Great Fire episodes are thought by many PCBH fans to be the best of the entire run, it's such a shame the build up episodes are littered with dross such as;

- Sally Dempster and her boring husband
    - Kerry Brodie and her incestuous pregnancy
    - The concert episodes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    I'm around the same point as you. I haven't seen these episodes before in sequence, but given the Great Fire episodes are thought by many PCBH fans to be the best of the entire run, it's such a shame the build up episodes are littered with dross such as;

- The concert episodes

i agree, although the concert did have some good moments such as Chrissie and Neil having one final encounter and Margo's escape attempt resulting in Lizzie getting hurt. I also liked woodridge officer Carlson who was too shortlived a character, he should have done a stint at Wentworth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, now got Midnight Special going round and round in my head again :(:D
    Forum Member
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    I also liked woodridge officer Carlson who was too shortlived a character, he should have done a stint at Wentworth.
    I dunno why but I (wrongly) seem to remember he and Po Face having an affair.:confused:

- The concert episodes

yes, your right so much dross and it dragged like hell. I was thinking the other day how back in the ol' Central TV days when we had one episode a week to look forward to - well, we must have had the patience of saints.
    Thanks, now got Midnight Special going round and round in my head again :(:D

LOL,, it's soooo bad. Margo genuinely believes she's Billie Holiday, :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno why but I (wrongly) seem to remember he and Po Face having an affair.:confused:

Well, it looked like it would happen . Carlson took a fancy to Colleen and invited her out to dinner etc but she turned him down. Cell Block missed a trick here if you ask me, its a great shame they did not go down that road as Carlson would have been a great longterm character . Instead they gave Colleen a brief affair with the dull husband of a dull prisoner later on which turned out to be fairly unexciting to watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL,, it's soooo bad. Margo genuinely believes she's Billie Holiday, :p

She sings it a bit to much :D

Blimey, Jim Fletchers wife Leila (was it?) has risen from the dead, shes back as that Steve Ryans mother, least i think its her anyway, ive definitely seen her before.
    Forum Member
    Yay, it was the fire episode for me last night. Although it was a truly great episode with plenty of drama, bashings, deaths and Erica running around like a B-movie scream queen it was over in a flash. :mad: Would have been better if they could have dragged the tension out for a bit longer but I guess they couldn't stretch the budget to that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah seemed to be over in a flash, ill always remember Mouse running about in the corridor, arms flailing about on fire :D

Same happened with the Bassinger storyline, just watched that conclude last night, and how crap did it end, seemed to be a lot like that Prisoner, good buildups with crap rushed endings.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, it was the fire episode for me last night. Although it was a truly great episode with plenty of drama, bashings, deaths and Erica running around like a B-movie scream queen it was over in a flash. :mad: Would have been better if they could have dragged the tension out for a bit longer but I guess they couldn't stretch the budget to that.

Did you notice the famous gaffe? Erica is seen running into the building, but is then also seen in the crowd whilst she is still supposed to be inside.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you notice the famous gaffe? Erica is seen running into the building, but is then also seen in the crowd whilst she is still supposed to be inside.

I saw that on youtube, i never noticed it while watching :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all different now in the episodes I'm up to. The old guard of Bea and Lizzie have gone, but Judy's back inside. It would have been nice if they'd have had a party for old Lizzie but I suppose she was too fragile after what happened with the nutter David Bridges. :eek:

Mrs Davidson's briefly back as a departmental bigwig (always good to see Mrs D :D), Mrs Reynolds has been through a lot with her mastectomy and her son being shot, and the Freak's reneged on her initial resignation!

Other newcomers include Rick Manning, Stan Dobson and Reb Keane, who's certainly made her mark quickly with the robbery/kidnap of Joan's dad!

And I agree re. Colleen and Carlson-they'd have made a great pair. Imagine those two running Wentworth! :p
  • PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember Kirsty Child (Prisoner' Willie Beecham) She now in Neighbours playing Susan Kennedy's Sister!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a gaffe in the episode i watched last night, when Maxwell koshed Julie over the head with the snooker ball in the sock knocking her out, she opened her mouth so that Maxwell could pop the LSD tablet in :D
  • oranges71oranges71 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yes, your right so much dross and it dragged like hell. I was thinking the other day how back in the ol' Central TV days when we had one episode a week to look forward to - well, we must have had the patience of saints.

I watched PCBH on Central. They always showed 3 eps a week (apart from 2 months in 1988 when they cut it down to 2 eps)
    Forum Member
    oranges71 wrote: »
    I watched PCBH on Central. They always showed 3 eps a week (apart from 2 months in 1988 when they cut it down to 2 eps)

ok.

it was long time ago.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a gaffe in the episode i watched last night, when Maxwell koshed Julie over the head with the snooker ball in the sock knocking her out, she opened her mouth so that Maxwell could pop the LSD tablet in :D

I think you'd open your mouth too, if you had just been hit on the back of the head with a sock containing a snooker ball! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KAPOW, SPLAT, BOOM!, it can only be Merle Jones :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Vandals from outer space!
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I liked Merle. The episode where Kath won back Merle's trust was brilliant, very good acting from both of them. I shed a tear :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe ive only got 67 episodes left to watch, been watching it for donkeys :p

Was funny when Julie was tripping, saw Steves head on that poster of the muscle man posing that was pinned on the wall board, and seeing him and his mum come in when she was in the Gym, the way he was talking :D