Britney "Officially" signs on for XF

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
Forum Member
✭✭✭
tbh im gonna wait for an announcement from team Britney before i get excited but according to this she`s "officially" now signed up.

IF this is true i can`t wait big fan love her <3

http://uk.eonline.com/news/its_official_britney_spears_signs_x/312961[news]Britney Spears 'officially signs X Factor USA deal'[/news]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Considering that it is coming from eonline which is Ryan Seacrest, I think that there is a pretty good chance it is true and his source is Simon. I was wondering why Simon hadn't done something to try and steal some of the thunder from The Voice, now he has. It's not like it is a big surprise. And he still has Monday to make the other announcements which probably will be a surprise.

Anyway, I think Britney will be a great addition and bring in a lot of fans.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of Britney - and I like her music even less, but she's going to give the show a huge boost.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as i've said, britney will be very interesting addition... a major coup...
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kakieanne wrote: »
    Considering that it is coming from eonline which is Ryan Seacrest, I think that there is a pretty good chance it is true and his source is Simon. I was wondering why Simon hadn't done something to try and steal some of the thunder from The Voice, now he has. It's not like it is a big surprise. And he still has Monday to make the other announcements which probably will be a surprise.

Anyway, I think Britney will be a great addition and bring in a lot of fans.

I doubt Ryan has anything to do with this, he simply hosts a show on their channel.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cool::cool::cool:
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes you wonder what exactly they were playing at last year. But a major coup anyway.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    It'll do wonders for the ratings.

I'm not that convinced that she'll be that interesting, entertaining or good as a judge, but we'll see. It seems that she's lost that spark that she once had.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this will be money well spent and she is just the kind of star power the show clearly needs. she is still having big hit singles in the us and she should do wonders for the ratings. it is a big coup, since there is a lot of intrigue with britney. since her public breakdown she has stepped back slightly from the media, still releasing music and touring. however, she has not been as accessible as she once was, so people will be tuning in simply to see her, if only to compare her to her former self.

its good for her too. it will give her the opportunity to pass on her experience and possibly gain her a whole new audience.
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I doubt Ryan has anything to do with this, he simply hosts a show on their channel.

Ryan and Simon are friends, he could know something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Rumor or fact.....
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This could either be brilliant or car crash TV.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've lost count how many times in the past month or two where I've basically read this same article. Every one of them has "confirmed" or "officially" in the opening sentence... followed by "reportedly". It's silly.

However, It's kind of clear that Britney has signed up, her team would have done a BS Alert by now if it wasn't, or released a statement stating she was not in talks like so many of the other names.
    Britney would be an amazing addition to the show as she is a worldwide household name, with so much under her belt... but I can't help but feel the show is beneath her in a sense. It could be highly damaging to her name if it goes badly, and she'll be forever linked with it, like the VMA 2007 fiasco. I hope it goes well for her and she comes out of her shell and doesn't play it safe or go too over the top with her comments or decisions.
  • ultron29ultron29 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A--mazing!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her inclusion will definitely make me watch it, even though I'm not a fan and I've not heard any of her records since Toxic. But it will be interesting to see what she does. She certainly didn't look very interested when she guest starred on the UK series a few years ago.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Her inclusion will definitely make me watch it, even though I'm not a fan and I've not heard any of her records since Toxic. But it will be interesting to see what she does. She certainly didn't look very interested when she guest starred on the UK series a few years ago.

Yep a car crash performance :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBCRi7lrNKo

I seem to remember reports that she refused to speak to any contestants and didn't watch anything of the show while back stage ---- that's obvious from her chat to Dermot :)---- and had to be dragged out of her dressing room to have her picture taken with the Judges --- don't think she spoke to them either :)
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    Yep a car crash performance :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBCRi7lrNKo

I seem to remember reports that she refused to speak to any contestants and didn't watch anything of the show while back stage ---- that's obvious from her chat to Dermot :)---- and had to be dragged out of her dressing room to have her picture taken with the Judges --- don't think she spoke to them either :)

I really hope Britney does do well on the show. Shame on Simon *if* he is only hiring her for the car crash element :mad: because she doesn't need that sort of publicity again.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    I really hope Britney does do well on the show. Shame on Simon *if* he is only hiring her for the car crash element :mad: because she doesn't need that sort of publicity again.

I agree but you wouldn't put it past him
    Cowell would regard Britney having a meltdown live on national TV as ratings gold
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney Spears 'to announce X Factor USA deal at Fox upfronts'
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    I agree but you wouldn't put it past him
    Cowell would regard Britney having a meltdown live on national TV as ratings gold

it will be up to her now how she'll play the game...

hopefully she grabs this opportunity to share with new artists the experiences and lessons she had in the industry...:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is happening, I truly hope it goes well for her. I've become pretty jaded with the X Factor but am one of the people that would definitely tune in purely to see her on the panel. I'm worried that this job seems to be beneath Britney, she's a massive star and the X Factor needs her vastly more than she could ever need the X Factor, so it seems like a huge risk for her to take. I'm not convinced that a role on the judging panel would remotely play to her strengths and I really hope it won't damage her career.
    Forum Member
    It is happening, Britney's camp would surely have denied it by now? (Cowell's wouldn't, he loves the press coverage)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    is this britney choice one of those good ideas/ bad ideas of simon cowell?.

i just can't help but think you can spend $15 million better, then again, it is all about ratings boost, that might explain the logic?.