Amber (my dog) have operation

blossom24blossom24 Posts: 411
Forum Member
Hi everyone,
my baby is going to the vets this morning to have a growth removed from inside her ear ( that keeps bleeding).
Can't help worrying, she's over 13, very fit and healthy, but it doesn't stop me thinking the worst! :cry:
Don't really know why I've put this post up, think I just needed to put my worries in words.

Comments

• FairyFeet1964FairyFeet1964 Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Blossom, Sorry to hear about Amber, the vets will look after Amber for you and should explain everything they are going to do, hope all goes well for you, keeping you both in my thoughts x
  • blossom24blossom24 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Thank you. Taking her in 15 minutes, I'm such a bag of nerves.
    I'll let you know how she gets on x
  • ktboilsktboils Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Awww I know what that's like. Give Amber a big hug from me. Good luck and keep us posted. xx
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Amber is safe and well tonight :)
  • blossom24blossom24 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Phew! The vets phoned to say that we could pick Amber up between 3.30 & 5, so guess who was on the door step at 3.30?!
    I couldn't believe how bright she seemed, what a relief.
    She couldn't wait to get home, straight in the garden to do her business ( I thought that was a good sign) and the she woofed down a small portion of her favorite tea (cooked by mummy of course) of chicken and rice; which she had more of later in the evening once I established that it would sit ok in her tummy!:D
    The lump that the vet removed inside her ear looks very clean and has stitches, I think, the ones removed from her other ear on the outside have staples, which look very uncomfortable, but I'm sure the vet knows what is best. Altogether she has 10 staples which will have to removed next week, God knows how we'll get her through the vets door!!:(
    Still we'll cross that bridge next week.
    Got me up at 6 this morning as usual for her walk, came home, breakfast, back on our bed fast asleep. Bliss!
    Thanks everyone for thinking of us, nice to know people are so kind xx
  • ktboilsktboils Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    That is good to hear. Onwards and upwards for you all now. xx
  • FairyFeet1964FairyFeet1964 Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That all sounds positive, it's amazing how they can recover from these things I think we humans could learn from them! - hope Amber has a speedy recovery :) xxx