Rita Ora vs Jade Ewen

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    Neither are walking away from this one with much credibility, let's just be honest. Rita's coming across as awfully big for her boots for someone so early in her career, but a response from Jade saying as much would have been a much better idea than criticising her sex-life. It is 2013 after all, I thought as a society we had wised up to the inherent sexism in trying to make women ashamed of their sexual behaviour (even if only in terms of women not being sexist to each other). Guess not though, from some of the responses in this thread - but I hope the ones pointing the finger chanting '****! ****!' are at least internally consistent enough not to pop up in another thread saying 'Urgh! Why do women get called sluts while men get congratulated for having sex?!'

I am not going to judge anyone for having sex with multiple partners but when you use sex to advance your career (which is what Jade is alleging) I think some criticism is warranted (for both the desperate singer and the sleazy record executive) as it is basically prostitution only instead being paid cash you get a record deal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually don't think Rita said anything to deserve the type of vitriol this newish Sugababes singer gave her. All she said was she was pleased she pulled out of Eurovision when she did. It might be that someone had a word with her and suggested that two similarly voiced singers would cancel each other out and would be left with those ghastly twins that came second or the Show tunes Welsh singer.

Jade Ewen should have risen above it or said something other than the childish response she gave. To say someone has slept her way to the position she's in is completely wrong. Especially coming from someone that is normal very comfortable wearing very little herself. It comes off as spite and jealousy really. Hope someone gives her some sound advice.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Jade ripped some shreds off Rita Ora's c*m stained weave. She isn't really in a position to go trashing Eurovision. At least Jade didn't give up on her audition, she went all the way and got the UK one of its highest placings in years....

Rita has had constant "****" rumours surrounding her, and honestly I think there's no smoke without fire. She's incredibly arrogant, slamming other artists despite her own album tanking spectacularly in the US despite promotion. She's just a product of marketing and a Rihanna wannabe, I find her extremely unlikeable.

Jade can sing way better than her, and to be honest Rita Ora has zero star quality, she isn't really in a position to be running her mouth off like that.

J didnt even release her album in the US. I didnt realise she was doing that badly, none of her singles have touched the top 40. Flop! she'll be dropped.

Wow at Jade, though. She dragged Ora.

ETA: I could careless how many partners a wo/man sleeps with, it is none of my concern. I wouldnt rag on them for it if they are looking after themselves.

Jade is implying Rita slept her way to the top rather than sneer at her for having a sex life.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I actually don't think Rita said anything to deserve the type of vitriol this newish Sugababes singer gave her. All she said was she was pleased she pulled out of Eurovision when she did. It might be that someone had a word with her and suggested that two similarly voiced singers would cancel each other out and would be left with those ghastly twins that came second or the Show tunes Welsh singer.

Jade Ewen should have risen above it or said something other than the childish response she gave. To say someone has slept her way to the position she's in is completely wrong. Especially coming from someone that is normal very comfortable wearing very little herself. It comes off as spite and jealousy really. Hope someone gives her some sound advice.

Rita stated that she walked away from the auditions because she didn't want to do it. Nothing about anyone 'having a word' with her. If that's what happened, then what she said is even worse because she talked about the audition people and her agent being worried about her/trying to get in touch with her. Not nice if she was making that up.

Jade probably shouldn't have made the comment about Rita sleeping her way to the top. However, that doesn't alter the fact that Rita was wrong to say what she did. Perhaps one day she'll realise how fickle showbusiness is and how naive and stupid she was to criticise others for their career choices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's side are you on?? Really?? How pointless
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    I like both, Jade being the only reason I like the Sugababes and I was majorly disappointed that her sold career was scrapped, but I really don't see anything wrong with what Rita said to be honest.

Jade doing Eurovision lead her to have a #35 solo single and joining a girlgroup that has bombed spectacularly since she joined. Not to mention leading her to appear on the most tackiest zeleb show ever. Her career has sadly done nothing but go down the can majorly since she entered the thing. Rita quitting has lead to three #1 singles and a #1 album. I'm not surprised she's seriously glad she quit.

There's no way Eurovision damaged Jade. We probably wouldn't even have known who she was but for the contest. It's a bit of an urban myth that Eurovision ends careers either.....last year's winner Loreen went to No.1 all around Europe (and #2 in the UK) and several other songs became chart hits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As an aside: I think it was the visibility and presence of Andrew Lloyd Webber that got the UK one of its highest placings in years. All Jade had to do was sing and on the night her voice was not brilliant.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Jones wrote: »
    Who's side are you on?? Really?? How pointless

It is a showbiz forum, everything is pointless.