Now 88 Artwork and tracklist

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Riptide" by Vance Joy which is on NOW 87 was released by Atlantic Records which are owned by Warner so technically, they should have allowed all their popular songs to appear on NOW 87.

Most of them were crap and deserved to be missed off
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NOW 88 now has a total of 14 #1s and next week will see the albums 15th #1 as Rixton are at #1 on iTunes.

As it made No1 yesterday, has any Now album had more chart-toppers (the regular series only, not things like Now That's What I Call a Number One)?
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    As it made No1 yesterday, has any Now album had more chart-toppers (the regular series only, not things like Now That's What I Call a Number One)?

I'm pretty sure this is the most UK chart toppers to be tracklisted on the same Now! album. Quite a feat but which the ever changing #1 singles every week it shouldn't really surprise anyone.

Like I posted last week, Now! 89 will probably include between 10-15 chart toppers as well.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah with a different #1 every week at the moment it's not that impressive, but on the other hand it is one of the strongest tracklistings of recent years I think. Listened to CD1 earlier and quite enjoyed it. Should do very well indeed.
    Forum Member
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Yeah with a different #1 every week at the moment it's not that impressive, but on the other hand it is one of the strongest tracklistings of recent years I think. Listened to CD1 earlier and quite enjoyed it. Should do very well indeed.

Definitely, Now albums always sell bucketloads in their first week on sale and with this having a decent tracklist (compared to Now 87 **tumbleweed** ) I think this could be looking at 300k this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Yeah with a different #1 every week at the moment it's not that impressive,

I don't think any of the Nows released in 2000 had as many No1s on them (and, iirc, it was rare to have a fortnight stay at the top).
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any of the Nows released in 2000 had as many No1s on them (and, iirc, it was rare to have a fortnight stay at the top).

They didn't.

Now 45 had 9 Number 1's
    Now 46 had 6 Number 1's
    Now 47 had 10 Number 1's

I think it must be easier for Now to get the rights to feature the songs these days than it was back then.
    Forum Member
    When did The Hits series finish? I remember in the late 90s there were compilation albums like New Hits 1998, Fresh Hits 1998 (I have them on CD) and it was basically a split amongst different record companies.

Now! eventually got rights to the other record companies and so were able to include more tracks that otherwise would've been on a Hits album had they still continued.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    When did The Hits series finish? I remember in the late 90s there were compilation albums like New Hits 1998, Fresh Hits 1998 (I have them on CD) and it was basically a split amongst different record companies.

It seems like they stopped being done in 2004 (going from "<whatever> Hits" to "Music: The Definitive Hits Collection" to "Hits XX").
  • hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member

No. NOW 77, NOW 82 and NOW 83 share a joint record of 12 number 1's.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »

Now! eventually got rights to the other record companies and so were able to include more tracks that otherwise would've been on a Hits album had they still continued.

I could be wrong, but I think Hits 60 was the last one
  • Billy HicksBilly Hicks Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Hits 60 in 2004 was the last of the regular series, it then stumbled along with occasional releases until finally fizzling out with 'Summer Hits '06' two years later.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I didn't mind the Hits series in that the helped to plug some of the missing tracks from Now.. Artists like Christina Aguilera, P!nk, J Lo were weren't featured on the Now series, plus some other hits by Blu Cantrall, Holly Valance etc.

However they had far more minor hits featured. I've got Hits 57 in front of me now and i'm struggling to remember over half of them!