Options

On The Yorkshire Buses - Fridays at 8pm on Channel 5

13»

Comments

• Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in Hull and avoiding watching this programme just in case I am seen staggering on to a bus not looking my best lol.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Richard passes his test and gets the job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard passed his test:D Looking forward to the little buses next week.:D
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why don't both bus companies merge into one? bigger and better service ??
  • Options
    wollygobblewollygobble Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    A company which has been family-run since 1926 is not going to sell out to Stagecoach unless they are forced to do so. And even then, there would have to be a long-winded investigation by the Competition Commission (or whatever they are called this week) who probably wouldn't allow it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diversions this week:o

Luckily that guy was there, to let the elderly woman with the trolley know about the bus.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    customers being flippant, why are you late?, do they not pay attention to whats going on in their own town
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might depend where the bus stop is.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    Might depend where the bus stop is.

if the main road into my town was closed id know about it and surely it would have been advertised on notice boards that the route would be diverted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james_W85 wrote:
    if the main road into my town was closed id know about it and surely it would have been advertised on notice boards that the route would be diverted
    They don't always.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    customers being flippant, why are you late?, do they not pay attention to whats going on in their own town

I had a woman get on my bus asking "why's the bus late, what's the excuse today?", I told her a pensioner had dropped dead on the bus and obviously there'd been a delay whilst he was removed, she just stood there opened mouthed and lost for words, that shut her up! I never tell whingeing passengers I'm late cos of traffic, I always say a passenger puked all over the bus and had to go for cleaning, a heavily pregnant woman's waters broke or even someone bought a couple a couple of tarantulas from the pet shop, dropped the box on the bus, lid came off and they escaped, we found one but I ain't stopping all day to look for the other one! :blush: I drive an easy route and am hardly ever late though.
  • Options
    Dan100Dan100 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »

This is typical.

And even when they are sat on the bus in the traffic going nowhere, they still don't accept it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recently I saw a bus driver change his bus number in front of the passengers waiting at the bus stop and then drive away. What's that all about?:confused:
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As I am sure you know, bigger isn't always better :D
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    Recently I saw a bus driver change his bus number in front of the passengers waiting at the bus stop and then drive away. What's that all about?:confused:

Judging by what we have seen on the show (and what I know from knowing a few drivers personally) probably a vehicle or two short because of breakdowns etc and yours was reassigned to a "priority" run/route.