Options

i never realized these EE ppl were all in this film

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So i recently re-watched an old film from the 90`s called "Beautiful Thing" for anyone who has`nt seen it i recommend it to you great watch!
Anyway i always remembered Linda Henry (Shirley) in it who is great,
and imagine my surprise when i was watching it and up pops Tameka Empson (Kim Fox) who plays neighbour "Leah" to linda`s charachter "Sandra", I propper dont remember her in it last time i watched this mind you its been years since i last seen it, anyway her charachter "Leah" is just as funny as what she plays Kim as and also Aunt Sal pops up as another neighbour but does`nt really have a major role, she just pipes up every now and again.

Here`s abit of the film for anyone who has`nt seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wr2tXUqFI4

Comments

• Options
    EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ID is a good one too it has Billy Mitchell, Anthony Trueman from EE, Gene Hunt from Life on Mars and Joe McIntyre from Corrie in it. Apart from Joe McIntyre none of them were well known at that point.
  • Options
    SlaterSlater Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    So i recently re-watched an old film from the 90`s called "Beautiful Thing" for anyone who has`nt seen it i recommend it to you great watch!
    and imagine my surprise when i was watching it and up pops Tameka Empson (Kim Fox) who plays neighbour "Leah" to linda`s charachter "Sandra", I propper dont remember her in it last time i watched this mind you its been years since i last seen it, anyway her charachter "Leah" is just as funny as what she plays Kim as and also Aunt Sal pops up as another neighbour but does`nt really have a major role, she just pipes up every now and again.

I only watched this last night :D

The woman who plays Sandra's friend that works with her in the bar is also in Eastenders - DCI Marsden!!
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Haven't seen the film, but today I was thinking about the EE cast working together in other films/TV programmes after reading Jo Joyner's DS interview saying she once played Jamie Foreman (Derek)'s mistress in a TV show! :D

Jamie Foreman (Derek) and Steve John Shepherd (Michael) both appeared in Layer Cake. :)

And also Steve John Shepherd and Gillian Wright (Jean) both appeared in the same episode of Dalziel and Pascoe.

:)
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »

So... not funny at all then? :p
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Dr Al from EE (if you remember him?) was in an episode of No Angels - Jo Joyner's TV series before she joined the soap. So was Becky from Corrie, she was great in it.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    east is East is another that had a few of the EE cast in. John Bardon, Jimi Mistry, Priya Kalidas. It also had a couple of the Corrie cast in.
  • Options
    PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched an episode of New Tricks the other evening and it had Carol Jackson in it and Masood Masood in it and Laura Beale in it and Blossom (Carols ex mother in law) was in it too!!
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Love that film
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bend it Like Beckham has Amira, Zainab and one of the people who played one of the Ferriera family in it.
  • Options
    SoniccreamSoniccream Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodbye Charlie Bright had Paul Nicholls (Joe Wicks), Jamie Foreman (Derek Branning), Phil Daniels (Kevin Wicks), Nicola Stapleton (Mandy Salter) and Tameka Empson (Kim Fox) in it
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nil By Mouth featured Jamie Foreman (Derek), Laila Morse (Big Mo) and Edna Dore (Mo Butcher, Frank's mum in the 80s).
  • Options
    Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beautiful Thing is one of my favourite films of all time.

How come Linda Henry always ends up dealing with the teenage gay boys?! :p
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    The 2 boys in Beautiful Thing actually appeared in EE in 1994 - in a very brief scene with Gita in a park, who was looking after Steven Beale at the time. It's on youtube if anyone can locate it. ;)
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    elliecat wrote: »
    east is East is another that had a few of the EE cast in. John Bardon, Jimi Mistry, Priya Kalidas. It also had a couple of the Corrie cast in.

And the actor who plays Jai Sharma in Emmerdale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bend it Like Beckham has Amira, Zainab and one of the people who played one of the Ferriera family in it.

28 days later also had one of the Ferriera boys as a soldier,ronnie i think it was.