BBC need to change EE Schedule while the World Cup is on here's what I would do.

Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And they need to change it ASAP. For the next 3/4 weeks EastEnders should be shuffled up to Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Thursday. If they want to have any chance of getting good ratings and what with itv playing dirty with there soaps. Maybe have new episodes repeated on BBC two have it shown during the day in free slots on bbctwo the next day. Example eastenders 7pm Sunday repeated lunch time Monday then new episode Monday night then repeated as well as on bbcthree it's shown again on bbctwo on Tuesday and so on and so on :D

Comments

• curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would put it on twice a week with two hour long episodes, 8-9 Tues and Thurs as long as England aren't playing those nights.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    I say just cancel this football thing altogether and keep the soaps in their rightful place.
  • burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last week I would've had; Monday 8pm, Wednesday 8pm (1 hour), Friday 10pm
    This week; Tuesday 10pm, Wednesday 10pm, Friday 8pm
    Next week; Sunday 8:30pm, Monday 8:30pm (1 hour), Tuesday 7:30pm (1 hour)

All three 10pm showings follow a fairly big match, especially the first which had ~10m at the end last Friday. Much bigger lead-in than 7pm. All episodes also avoid clashes with ITV soaps and big football matches.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I say just cancel this football thing altogether and keep the soaps in their rightful place.

Or don't bother showing it all whilst the World Cup is on, and judging by the current quality, you'd hardly be missing anything.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member

I agree. :D
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's what I'd do - put the football on BBC three or four. They only show repeats, so no one would be missing out and BBC One can continue with it's normal programming schedule.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put all soaps from the BBC on BBC Three, Corrie and Emmerdale on ITV2.

I didn't realise seriously how so many relied on watching a programme, at it's scheduled times these days
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

There is no such thing for any show that isn't news.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon they should axe the BBC in its entirety. Would save the debate over whether it should show the worlds most corrupt organizations' month long beer swilling footegg debacle, or high Shakespearian drama like eastenders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously guys blaming the world cup on bad ratings is clutching at straws!

The soap is starting to fall apart again due to the thin plot line of Lucy Beale murder who - dunnit!

Like England performance the other night it's rather lame to say the least!
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    I would have

June 06th

2000-2100 EastEnders Summer Finale Cliffhanger

July 7th

2000-2100 EastEnders: Aftermath
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    I would have

June 06th

July 7th

Makes Sense.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member

Good idea :-)
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cynet wrote: »

The soap is starting to fall apart again due to the thin plot line of Lucy Beale murder who - dunnit!

But why would they make really interesting storylines when a big event is on? They will wait until after the word cup and resume the brilliance from the start of the year
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cynet wrote: »

EE is up on last year. The only soap that is. There is nothing wrong with its ratings. The current slump is connected to the time changes.

This will only be highlighted once everything returns to normal. ;-)
    garyessex wrote: »
    I would have

June 06th

July 7th

I think the idea of this but is it practical? as EE is a continuing drama they can't just pick up from where the cliff hanger left so it would mean four weeks worth of events happening that we miss out on.
  • Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some great ideas and I do think they should show each episode on repeat the next day on BBC two. EastEnders isn't repeated as much as how Corroe and Emmerdale are repeated which I think has helped there shows.
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some great ideas and I do think they should show each episode on repeat the next day on BBC two. EastEnders isn't repeated as much as how Corroe and Emmerdale are repeated which I think has helped there shows.

Thats a good idea or maybe at 7pm on bbc3 the next day
  • gothergother Posts: 14,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And they need to change it ASAP. For the next 3/4 weeks EastEnders should be shuffled up to Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Thursday. If they want to have any chance of getting good ratings and what with itv playing dirty with there soaps. Maybe have new episodes repeated on BBC two have it shown during the day in free slots on bbctwo the next day. Example eastenders 7pm Sunday repeated lunch time Monday then new episode Monday night then repeated as well as on bbcthree it's shown again on bbctwo on Tuesday and so on and so on :D

How are ITV playing dirty? They too have to move programmes around for the world cup. I could say BBC are playing dirty, but i won't because it's just the way the cookie crumbles.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I think Eastenders should be on at 8-9pm on its usual days.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I think Eastenders should be on at 8-9pm on its usual days. Fed up of footsie now.
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member

This.
  • Dave 8o]Dave 8o] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Analog switch off finished in 2012, so there should be no reason why we have to put up with all this re-arranging of schedules any more.

The BBC has suffcient bandwidth on Freeview, Satelite and cable to provide at least 3 red button channels, therefore I see no reason why they couldn't setup either a temporary "BBC World Cup" channel or a red button service to show the football on, leaving the regular BBC 1 programming as it is.

Those people who want to watch the football will watch it, if it's on BBC 1 or BBC World Cup or the Red Button. I really don't see the need for the BBC to bugger about with the schedules for sporting events anymore, it just doesn't make sense.

To be honest though, it makes no difference to me, I won't be watching the world cup or Eastenders. I'll probably watch something on Netflix instead ;-)
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Dave wrote:
    ;73186929']The Analog switch off finished in 2012, so there should be no reason why we have to put up with all this re-arranging of schedules any more.

The BBC has suffcient bandwidth on Freeview, Satelite and cable to provide at least 3 red button channels, therefore I see no reason why they couldn't setup either a temporary "BBC World Cup" channel or a red button service to show the football on, leaving the regular BBC 1 programming as it is.

Those people who want to watch the football will watch it, if it's on BBC 1 or BBC World Cup or the Red Button. I really don't see the need for the BBC to bugger about with the schedules for sporting events anymore, it just doesn't make sense.

To be honest though, it makes no difference to me, I won't be watching the world cup or Eastenders. I'll probably watch something on Netflix instead ;-)

Free to air major sporting events will always take precedent on the broadcasters main channel. End of.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    'Dave wrote:
    ;73186929']The Analog switch off finished in 2012, so there should be no reason why we have to put up with all this re-arranging of schedules any more.

Because they obviously don't want to split the viewers, They want to give people the chance to see both, Even more so when the viewers are low for EE

Or they just don't want the football off the main channel and they don't care as much about EE as people think these days

ITV go where the adverts pay them to go (Live football over a soap)
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live with my footy mad boyfriend and father so the only way I'm getting a look in at the TV is in between matches, so if the juggling around has to happen, I think BBC are doing alright by putting Eastenders on at 7pm and I'd be happy to see it stay as steady as its looking this week (I haven't looked ahead at the schedules yet).

Not a fan of ITV this week with only 3 episodes of Corrie however :(