Malky Mackay revealed to be a filthy racist

Comments

• davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vile man, hope he never works in football again.

There is obviously still a lot of work to do with these racist homophobic dinosaurs.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that is true what a way to ruin your career.

I say if it is true, cause we all no what the Daily Mail is like
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you know about his personal hygiene?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    If that's true, then it's vile :mad:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF it's true. Considering the fued he's seemingly had with Tan, this needs to be taken with a massive pinch of salt.

If it does turn out to be true then he certainly shouldn't work in football again.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is Tams doing, couldn't it place him in a load of trouble.

Bringing him down, this could ruin Malky whatever has gone on.

I quite like Ole, but if I was him I would get out of Cardiff
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well well well...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is Tams doing, couldn't it place him in a load of trouble

Absolutely. If the "evidence" he claims to have has been exaggerated or doctored in any way then I imagine Mackay could take him to the cleaners.

I guess the proof of the pudding will be if Mackay subsequently admits it and tries the usual trick that goes on a lot in the US of going in to some kind of "rehab" to "educate" himself and change his views.

Either way, as I said, if it is true then he certainly shouldn't work in football ever again, in any capacity.

I feel sorry for Palace fans though as it'll likely mean they'll end up with Tim Sherwood ..
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely. If the "evidence" he claims to have has been exaggerated or doctored in any way then I imagine Mackay could take him to the cleaners.

I guess the proof of the pudding will be if Mackay subsequently admits it and tries the usual trick that goes on a lot in the US of going in to some kind of "rehab" to "educate" himself and change his views.

Either way, as I said, if it is true then he certainly shouldn't work in football ever again, in any capacity.

I feel sorry for Palace fans though as it'll likely mean they'll end up with Tim Sherwood ..

I think it's telling that he had a lawsuit against him and then suddenly dropped it with a kiss-arse statement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    I think it's telling that he had a lawsuit against him and then suddenly dropped it with a kiss-arse statement.

Yeah, that's true. Maybe he was made aware of the investigation and the fact that they had these text messages ?

I'm still taking it with a pinch of salt until there's something a bit more definitive, but it doesn't look good.
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be looking at a prison sentence if these allegations are true

I know of lots of players that have been to jail, but I can't think of a manager
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the charge for sending them to prison?
  • BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the BBC, Moody's about to resign from Palace, so there's apparently some truth to the allegations.

As for criminal charges, from what I understand it's technically not illegal to use prejudicial slurs in private communications between two individuals. The only way they'd be charged with anything would be if it proved they'd discriminated against one or more employees, and even then that'd probably be a civil matter more than a criminal one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the charge for sending them to prison?
    BigDaveX wrote: »
    According to the BBC, Moody's about to resign from Palace, so there's apparently some truth to the allegations.

As for criminal charges, from what I understand it's technically not illegal to use prejudicial slurs in private communications between two individuals. The only way they'd be charged with anything would be if it proved they'd discriminated against one or more employees, and even then that'd probably be a civil matter more than a criminal one.

I was thinking more about what seems to have been hinted at with the transfers/agents more than the racist stuff

That , if true, would be a custodial sentence
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    If there was any justice he would never work again. Disgusting remarks. Someone on the street who said those things (allegedly) would be jailed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    I was thinking more about what seems to have been hinted at with the transfers/agents more than the racist stuff

That , if true, would be a custodial sentence

I think that would need someone to report the crime or make a complaint to the police.

I dont think they would go that far as I am pretty sure the sort of things goes on during quite a few transfers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    I think that would need someone to report the crime or make a complaint to the police.

I dont think they would go that far as I am pretty sure the sort of things goes on during quite a few transfers.

I thought they had or were about to

From the link in the OP

Law firm had warrant due to investigation over his wrongdoing in Cardiff transfer activity

(I realise it's the Mail but nothing seems to have been denied or retracted )
    Forum Member
    BTW Iain Moody has just resigned from his position at Palace.
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,951
    Forum Member
    The_don1 wrote: »

Vincent Tan has already made complaints about what happened to his money in the transfer market. That's what's opened this can of worms.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poor vincent tan, whole country turned on him and backed the british manager.
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »

Some of the media, MOTD pundits etc etc owe him a massive apology.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »

I suppose it does shed some new light on his decision to suspend Ian Moody and his attitude towards Mackay.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose it does shed some new light on his decision to suspend Ian Moody and his attitude towards Mackay.

correct me if i am wrong but didnt tan release a statement saying there would come a time when mckay was not seen as a hero anymore?

p.s hes still wrong to change club colours!
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said in the Palace thread last night I think we might owe Vincent Tan a collective apology. He received an absolute kicking in the press and everywhere else over getting rid of Mackay (and Moody) but now we are seeing what was going on behind the scenes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    As I said in the Palace thread last night I think we might owe Vincent Tan a collective apology. He received an absolute kicking in the press and everywhere else over getting rid of Mackay (and Moody) but now we are seeing what was going on behind the scenes.

Part of it is the culture of football, Someone like Mackay is seen as a "proper" football person and Vincent Tan is portrayed as the evil foreign owner.

The "sports" media also have to take some of the blame, They have got very lazy in their reporting of football in general. They go for the cheap headlines to pander to the masses.

Once Tan came out with some of his comments and the way the legal action was dropped should have set off bells but no the media continuted to make out Tan is some Bond Baddie