Lisa Reilly

Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OMG, have you seen her lately. She looks amazing. The papers are saying she lost 8 stone.:o

I'm so not a person who equates weight loss with success, but she does look very well.

Comments

• J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I saw that too. She looks really good, you can see how pretty she is now. It is a success story - if she didn't have a gastric band etc - it must take a lot of self control and determination to keep going for all that time.
    Unfortunately after a few minutes she starts to get on my nerves as she's just- mmm can't think of the right word - just 'too much'?! Non the less I admire her achievement and hope she can keep it off. Her weight limited what she could do on Strictly - she could dance and without that extra weight who knows?
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll never forget the date I met Lisa Riley because it was September 11th 2001 and we were promoting a charity awards event. Later that afternoon, all hell broke loose :(. Anyway, she was lovely. Much quieter than her 'stage' persona and very pleasant to chat with.
  • Pixie24Pixie24 Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I have a friend who lost 8 stone through sensible eating and exercise classes and she's now a fitness instructor herself. It can be done without a gastric band!
  • dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to her. I wish I could summon the willpower to do it! Don't need to lose 8 stones but maybe 5, it just seems such a long slog. I lost a lot of weight years ago but put it all back on and more and the thought of doing it again is depressing. She does look fantastic now!
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee-rec wrote: »
    Well done to her. I wish I could summon the willpower to do it! Don't need to lose 8 stones but maybe 5, it just seems such a long slog. I lost a lot of weight years ago but put it all back on and more and the thought of doing it again is depressing. She does look fantastic now!

Therein lies the problem.
    On a personal note, my stunning sis, lost 3 stone over a nine month period.
    She ate well, ran in our local park every day and looked amazing. She was delighted with herself.

She then decided to do her Masters and, inactivity, stress, eating bags of jellies and guzzzling white wine as she did her assignments, has gained it all back and sadly more.....:(

Depressing indedd dee.:(xx
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play to her - but hope it's not another Pauline Quirke scenario and she piles it all back on again in 6 months.

She was absolutely enormous though so kudos to her for shedding the pounds (or in this case, stone).
  • woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow , well done to her !

She did say on Loose women that there was no gastric band so hopefully its true.
    Im really jealous.

For someone to loose that much ,would they still have a lot of bagging skin left though or does that happen with just a gastric band?
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    woofwoof77 wrote: »
    Wow , well done to her !

She did say on Loose women that there was no gastric band so hopefully its true.
    Im really jealous.

For someone to loose that much ,would they still have a lot of bagging skin left though or does that happen with just a gastric band?

Yes, her skin will be awful under all that. The operations to get rid of it are extremely painful and very costly as well.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An incredible achievement. :)
  • RosebuddyRosebuddy Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still wouldn't want to see her in the scud though , all that loose skin. Yeeeuch.

Any pics ?
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosebuddy wrote: »
    Still wouldn't want to see her in the scud though , all that loose skin. Yeeeuch.

Any pics ?

I would like to see her too.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woofwoof77 wrote: »
    Wow , well done to her !

Im really jealous.

I think she must have had a breast reduction - those massive boobs don't just deflate, even when losing loads of weight. The sagging skin alone would make them still quite large. Dawn French too.

She looks amazing tho! :p
  • RosebuddyRosebuddy Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly unrecognisable though.

With willpower and determination, anything is possible. Well done.
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,024
    Forum Member
    Rosebuddy wrote: »

Any pics ?

As long as she's happier and healthier.......
  • Pepsii ColaPepsii Cola Posts: 1,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to her!
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I do hope Lisa does not bring out a DVD on her weight loss. Rather bored with the celebs and their fantastic weight loss, only to put it all back on when the money stops rolling in. Great if she has achieved this for HERSELF and as her Dad, I believe, has weight and health problems, she is right to do something about her weight NOW and get herself healthy. She is now a size 16 (so refreshing not to hear she is now a size 10, they are all a size 10, even Vanessa!!!) and that is a good size for her.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks great. She always was a pretty woman, but the weight loss really accentuates that, and she looks a lot younger now as well. I never did buy the idea that she couldn't slim down, because when she did Strictly you could see her losing weight as the weeks went on. I wonder if that's what kick started her into getting fit and healthy?
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    She looks great. She always was a pretty woman, but the weight loss really accentuates that, and she looks a lot younger now as well. I never did buy the idea that she couldn't slim down, because when she did Strictly you could see her losing weight as the weeks went on. I wonder if that's what kick started her into getting fit and healthy?

Apparently seeing her dad in hospital after a health scare motivated her to start losing weight.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She did acknowledge that Strictly seemed to kick start a change in her metabolism and she's now including dance in her exercise. However, yes, she'd already lost her mum and grandma to cancer I believe and then seeing her father so unwell in a diabetes ward, with others having amputations and so on, it scared her to make the decision to lose weight.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for her, she looks great. It must be an amazing feeling to lose a huge amount of weight like that.
  • MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's wonderful to see just how great she looks, and even better how happy it seems to have made her. I've always liked Lisa, and it's great that she's had the willpower to make changes and improved her health.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise how pretty her eyes were, the blubber hid them.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MK184 wrote: »
    It's wonderful to see just how great she looks, and even better how happy it seems to have made her. I've always liked Lisa, and it's great that she's had the willpower to make changes and improved her health.

I'd love it if Mandy Dingle now a fashion model, suddenly swanned back into Lisa's having made her fortune, with no-one recognising her! :D
  • MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love it if Mandy Dingle now a fashion model, suddenly swanned back into Lisa's having made her fortune, with no-one recognising her! :D

Imagine :D