Racism? (merged)

Comments

• TaffycwmruTaffycwmru Posts: 9,304
    Forum Member
    I definitely think Jermaine is over sensitive, some might even say paranoid, regarding skin colour and such. Then again, he may well have experienced a lot of discrimination in his life.

I imagine he has experienced a lot of discrimination when he was growing up. Remember this was the early 70s and there was a lot of discrimination in the US in those days.
  • Daniel_HatcherDaniel_Hatcher Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Fine jo and Danielle. WHAT HAS JADE SAID THAT IS RACIST?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chukz87 wrote:
    if shilpa was shown the footage of what was said behind her back im sure she wud agree that to an extent it is racism!!
    these channel 4 ppl r really sly in getting around a situation!!!

Having watched the clip of Shilpa's diary room entry, I don't know what I'm more annoyed about, the fact that they're deceiving Shilpa by not telling her all the facts yet using her answer based on incomplete information to support their shabby liitle show or that they think we're all a bunch of mugs who will buy this sh*t. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    brucie117 wrote:
    I have a sneaky feeling your not going to be taken very seriously on this forum.

damn if u hav 2 write in full english words which i dnt hav a problem with 2 b taken seriously in this forum thn y am i gettin ppl with replies mayb its u bein 2 narrow minded
    just mayb ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    What bothered me about last night's arguement was it just showed that Jade doesn't listen.

Shilpa came back to her after the initial conversation and said that she meant to say that "...the stock cubes were ONE of the things she had ordered not the ONLY thing..." like she had first stated. It should have ended there but oh no, Jade insisted on calling her a liar continually followed by a fake.

If she had bothered to shut up and listen for five minutes she might actually have found out what Shilpa is really like rather than shouting her mouth off all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    She Did Not Know All The Facts.

It Is Pathetic To Use Her Words To Try And Play Down The Impact Of What Has Happened.
  • WhatAGoalWhatAGoal Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Show her the footage C4, as all the racial slurs were said so bravely when she was either asleep or in another part of the house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "she should f*ck off back home.. she can't speak proper english anyway" IS racist to me.. along with more thing the 3 bullies said..
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she had have said that she felt racially abused that clip would not have been released to the media in the way it has.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Agreed. Along with Derrmot's shameful BBBB this is another example of BB treating its audience like morons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chukz87 wrote:
    if shilpa was shown the footage of what was said behind her back im sure she wud agree that to an extent it is racism!!
    these channel 4 ppl r really sly in getting around a situation!!!

Agree Shilpa does not know what has been said behind her back and what viewers have heard. Tessa Jowells just said that "it is disgusting for presenting racism as entertainment" so even she agrees there was racism and bullying. C4 are liars.
  • FenixxFenixx Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry, but have there been TWO Diary Room conversations between Shilpa and Big Brother today? The question posed was about Shilpa's argument with JADE. She says she doesn't think JADE is racist. What that has to do with Jo and Danielle, I don't know. All these "well, if she saw the videos...!" comments. What? She'd think Jade WAS a racist after witnessing Jo and Danielle's comments? Hardly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Shameful, bordering on racism IMO
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    It is a total sham from BB to get Shilpa to say that without her knowing all the facts its racism all bloody right anyone watching the show can see that :mad:
  • bigbrother9515bigbrother9515 Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So they forced her to say there is no racism did they? it came out of her own mouth

I've seen the clip and there was no manipulation
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Jade is as racist as I am an American - ie she most definitely is
    Racism is someone that doesn't like people of any race or colour so how come jades pa is a coloured girl,sheis just a bully and was a bully on BB3,racism and bullying are not the same thing
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    White people are not the only racists.

It exists all over the world and has done for centuries, even millenia.

Most white nations that are economically developed and have a fully developed media are just more sensitive to it on the whole. If there was no CBB, or TV & possibly radio - then the whole thing would not be given publicity and it would still carry on, but people outside of any direct racism would probably not bother.

Look in most religious texts - especially the Abrahamic lineage and that is strewn with religious and racial intolerance - but it is OK because it is religion that serves the "greater good" etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cassanova wrote:
    Stating Indians are thin because they undercook their food and are always ill.

Stating one should go back to where they come from.

Are these not racially motivated statements?

For staters she said "are they thin because of it?" it's a question, which means she truly doesn't know!!

One should go back to where they've come from? When my bro gets on my nerves I tell him to F*ck off home and crawl back to where he came from!!

So what bit was racist again? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This really bothers me too. I'm constantly hearing that it's not racism, it's cultural and social differences. As if treating someone like s*** because they're from a different culture is more acceptable. Personally I think it's just as bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said exactly what the OP said as soon as I heard she'd changed her mind about whether or not it was racist.

This is the biggest sham of all time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    firstly she doesnt really know what has been said and secondly she is in a foreign country so may be scared to say what she really feels especially when she doesnt know the reaction from outside
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Widgey wrote:
    For staters she said "are they thin because of it?" it's a question, which means she truly doesn't know!!

One should go back to where they've come from? When my bro gets on my nerves I tell him to F*ck off home and crawl back to where he came from!!

So what bit was racist again? :rolleyes:
    Come on now she wasn't talking about her brother or her mate.. :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they forced her to say there is no racism did they? it came out of her own mouth

I,ve seen the clip and there was no manipulation

How do you know they didn't speak to her beforehand?

Sorry, but I'm beyond cynicism now, I just think Channel Four are running to cover their tracks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Fine jo and Danielle. WHAT HAS JADE SAID THAT IS RACIST?

Nothing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Also, a phrase like '**** off home' has particular echoes of the NF which she may not be familiar with.

Her response may sadly be different to that of a British Asian person in the same shoes.
This discussion has been closed.