Options

embarrassing problem

leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am a guy and relieved myself last night and when i came there was blood in the semen. I havent yet seen the doctor but i have been taking tablets for chicken pox and that may be a contributory factor

Comments

• Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    The formal NHS advice is here http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/blood-in-semen/Pages/Introduction.aspx and I'd suggest having a telephone consultation with your GP at the very least (which will be 100% confidential) to discuss this development.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing to be embarrassed about having blood in your cum.
    Just pop off to the Docs and get checked out.
    All the best to you.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    I am a guy and relieved myself last night and when i came there was blood in the semen. I havent yet seen the doctor but i have been taking tablets for chicken pox and that may be a contributory factor

Tablets for chicken pox? What trickery is this now?
  • Options
    Cpl_CarrottCpl_Carrott Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    There is nothing to be embarrassed about having blood in your cum.
    Just pop off to the Docs and get checked out.
    All the best to you.

This just about says it all
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worth going to Drs about this but mostly it is harmless. I had the same a couple of years ago and it panicked me so much. I went to the NHS walk in centre and they said it is a common occurrence in men in 30s and early 40s. She said it may be a one off. It happened again two weeks later and there was a lot of blood again so this time went to the GP. She gave me antibiotics but again said it was probably nothing to worry about. I've not had it since. A lot of people worry that this is a sign of cancer or an STD but it is not usually. This link is useful http://www.baus.org.uk/patients/symptoms/haemospermia.