Options

Roy Grace Novels

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still £7.49 for the Kindle download so I've resisted so far, because I seem to remember the last one coming down in price quite quickly. I'm very close to cracking though!
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I read and sort of enjoyed 'Want You Dead'...It was ok, not the best though, I don't want to say too much as others may not have read it but the main story line was a bit plod along....
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed 'Want You Dead' but found it almost a rewrite of an earlier one
    whose name escapes me! But it did it's job. I kept turning pages and
    wanting to know what happened next,so.... I still like this series, but the
    Sandy thing is way beyond a joke now!
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    timebug wrote: »
    I enjoyed 'Want You Dead' but found it almost a rewrite of an earlier one
    whose name escapes me! But it did it's job. I kept turning pages and
    wanting to know what happened next,so.... I still like this series, but the
    Sandy thing is way beyond a joke now!

I love the series, but have to agree about the whole Sandy thing. It's like keeping it dragging each book, but without any reason to love or hate her or even get any insight into her at all. Though the last book was a bit of a clue, but too melodramatic for me.

Fair enough had we got some insight to Sandy's story alongside Roy's, but no, we didn't.

That said though, I enjoyed all of the books with this being my only criticism.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I cracked in the end and paid the £7.49 but rather wish I hadn't! This was the worst volume of the series for me quite honestly, I didn't enjoy it half as much as the rest. Very poor character development IMO and the regular characters such as Glenn Branson et al just seemed like bit part players, throwing in the occasional "Yo old timer" just to maintain a bit of consistency it seemed. #disappointed :(
  • Options
    OxfordGirlOxfordGirl Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest one - You are Dead - has just dropped to £2.59 on Kindle today