The Tennis Thread (Part 26)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,704
Administrator
smude wrote: »
Cilic has had his ban reduced to four months.

This thread is a continuation of: The Tennis Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• smudesmude Posts: 17,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank You DS. You do take notice of my messages.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hev serving for the match :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yesssssss Watson wins :) 3-6 6-4 6-4
  • smudesmude Posts: 17,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »

Great news. Well done Heather.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Go Heather! I think she's got her game back...:)
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    70 ranking points will lift her to about 115 in the rankings. Winning the event (worth another 70 points) would only lift her to about 107.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    70 ranking points will lift her to about 115 in the rankings. Winning the event (worth another 70 points) would only lift her to about 107.

Moving in the right direction though :) she's down to play another event next week
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,570
    Forum Member
    playing second tier matches didn't do Andre any harm, well done Heather

onwards and upwards :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo Durie just mentioned on ES that Wozniacki is not gonna be coached by her dad anymore and is getting a new one
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    playing second tier matches didn't do Andre any harm, well done Heather

onwards and upwards :)

The field isn't terrible for an ITF though, think I've seen a few WTA's that are worse.

Beck in form, but in a tough match against Arvidsson ATM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jo Durie just mentioned on ES that Wozniacki is not gonna be coached by her dad anymore and is getting a new one

A new dad?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new dad?

ha ha :D new coach!
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The field isn't terrible for an ITF though, think I've seen a few WTA's that are worse.

Beck in form, but in a tough match against Arvidsson ATM.

Beck lost, so Watson is playing Arvidsson in the semi final. I'm not sure if that's better or worse really..Arvidsson can be tricky.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,750
    Forum Member
    Li Na seems to be playing well but you cannot look beyond Serena really.
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Azarenka, she got injured during the 1st set and played on anyway even though she was in agony.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    X-Digit-Xx wrote: »
    Poor Azarenka, she got injured during the 1st set and played on anyway even though she was in agony.

I thought she was such a trooper. No-one would have thought any the less of her if she'd pulled out after losing the first set, after all, she wouldn't have much chance of reaching the semis even by coming back to win, but to actually complete the match was fantastic. Well done Vika.
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really was, it was difficult to watch because it was clear she was in pain. But it's definitely commendable that she stuck the match out to the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So Petra, Jelena and Na join Serena in the semis.

I think JJ plays Serena in the semis. She has the best record against her of the "other 3" (4 wins, 7 losses).

Petra and Na are 3-3 against each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT Sport not even bothering to show the Errani/Jankovic match.. Scottish Football is on instead :rolleyes: :sleep:
  • Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fed-Dimitrov match in Basel was a bit of a damp squib, neither of them played well and were very patchy. Dimi should be kicking himself for not taking it to a third set, he had 3*-5 0-40 on Fed's serve! :sleep:
    smude wrote: »
    Thank You DS. You do take notice of my messages.
    Thought we'd be stuck in part 25 forever.
    A new dad?
    If only. He comes across very poorly on court.
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We've heard this before. Remains to be seen whether or not daddy will continue to pull the strings.

I'm pretty pleased with the semi final lineup. In terms of someone being able to stop Serena, this is pretty much as good as it could have been. Btw I really hope Jankovic lost to Errani today because she was saving herself for Serena and not because Errani was actually too good for her :o
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, new thread part!
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Federer-Pospisil tomorrow then for a chance to likely meet the 500 GOAT for the title. I was hoping for more from Grigor but he just lacks any mental strength.

JJ getting bageled by Ferrer :o. It came out of nowhere, looked so focused after taking the 2nd set and then just capitulated. Got to give him props for his troll attempt though at break point down, leaving the court because of muddy fingers :p.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe he did that. I know desperate times call for desperate measures, but don't they realise they are on tv? People notice those things and will laugh about them for longer than the score-line. :D
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play to Li Na, up to world #3! She really has had the most fantastic year. If Serena messes up in Melbourne come January then you'd surely pick Li to win the title.
This discussion has been closed.