Options

Series 9 will be the final series

David_H_93David_H_93 Posts: 98
Forum Member
So far every episode of this series the ratings are getting lower and all of the episodes are getting a mix reaction I feel if things don't change I can see the BBC Cancelling it I don't think they would want to waste their money on a show that's losing viewers and getting a mix reaction

Comments

• Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
    This IS a joke thread, right?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
    This IS a joke thread, right?

Yes - intentionally or not.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These threads are tedious
  • Options
    David_H_93David_H_93 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    When you see the amount of promotion this series has got and all the world tours and then look at the low views you know that there's something wrong
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    A show is only doing badly when nobody is left commenting on the viewing figures. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A show is only doing badly when nobody is left commenting on the viewing figures. ;-)

Very true!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David_H_93 wrote: »
    When you see the amount of promotion this series has got and all the world tours and then look at the low views you know that there's something wrong

There are numerous, extremely tedious, threads which plainly debunk this viewpoint. The facts simply don't support your trolling theory. At all.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw no. Very disappointed by this news. Thought they'd at least do a Tenth. :(

Oh. Sorry. Thought there had been an official announcement. Phew.
  • Options
    Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The amount of promotion itself should speak volumes for the show, it's had a large amount of hype all year. Probably the most rewatched show on BBC iPlayer. If Doctor Who needs canceling due to low ratings, the BBC might as well go with it, because it's currently one of their most successful shows.

As to the divided opinions, the show has always been like, this year is no different.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't be silly.
    Moffats 's writing is making show more popular. And the best episodes are coming.
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far every episode of this series the ratings are getting lower and all of the episodes are getting a mix reaction I feel if things don't change I can see the BBC Cancelling it I don't think they would want to waste their money on a show that's losing viewers and getting a mix reaction

What fresh Hell is this...?
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The figures are consistent year on year. But don't let the facts get in the way of a silly thread, eh...?
  • Options
    ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Capaldi's final series, perhaps.
  • Options
    shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    These threads are tedious

Hear hear.:(

OP - Perhaps give it a rest until you've something new to contribute. These threads are starting to smell like spam.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this not becoming tiresome for all involved?
  • Options
    LivingDestinyLivingDestiny Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Analogy time!

Dear OP,

You've spent a lot of your time starting this thread, yet everyone is complaining about it? Does that mean that the whole of DS is going to shut down because not many people are enjoying threads like these? No. It doesn't. You want the writers to do a better job? Well we want you to do a better job at starting threads that aren't a load of tosh!
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even viewing figures are down does it matter? There are no adverts on the bbc. Besides how much money will the bbc rake in from selling the series overseas, not to mention dvd/blu ray sales. Cashcow.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ea91 wrote: »
    Capaldi's final series, perhaps.

Er, well has signed up for the next series. It was all over the press a few weeks back.
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    It will probably be the last series yes.

Then at the last moment a crack in time will open and a new cycle of series will be granted by the BBC so Doctor Who can continue on for another 50 years ;)
  • Options
    BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know, when you can't even get the figures right for a thread like this (yesterday's episode was actually up over last week, albeit by just 20,000 or so viewers), that makes me a sad panda.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    From what I've been reading, the show makes so much money from America and elsewhere now, it could probably survive without a significant British fan base. A bit like how Baywatch outgrew America.
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Doctor Who is a huge money spinner for the BBC so I'm not sure they could 'save money' by 'not bothering to make it'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will probably be the last series yes.

Then at the last moment a crack in time will open and a new cycle of series will be granted by the BBC so Doctor Who can continue on for another 50 years ;)

Kudos to you on that one excellent post :D
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it counts as "wasting money" when the show earns them a profit worldwide.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I assume you weren't convinced by all the facts given in the thread you started less than a week ago stating exactly the same thing?

So you thought that if everyone pointed out the facts again it might work this time?