Series 9 will be the final series

Comments

• brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    So I assume you weren't convinced by all the facts given in the thread you started less than a week ago stating exactly the same thing?

So you thought that if everyone pointed out the facts again it might work this time?

But that thread said that the BBC would likely axe Doctor Who after this series so at least we're now getting a series 9 according to the revised forecast. A lot of thought is clearly going into this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread again?
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been two or three threads on this very topic created in the last two weeks... one of which was created by the same poster that created this thread.
    Therefore I have no choice but to conclude that this is another tedious trolling thread.

OP, give it a rest.
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series is due a rest thou.. even if just a year or two.. it seems a bit tired now
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »
    Series is due a rest thou.. even if just a year or two.. it seems a bit tired now

I think it has had plenty of rest since 2010. Our first full run in a few years - it's time to build on the momentum.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    What was the viewing figures last night ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    What was the viewing figures last night ?

5.2m - same as episode 2. Well, slightly up when it's not rounded.

( Ep2 went up to 7.29m )

(( That's not counting iPlayer requests. Series 7 averaged 1.88m on the platform. ))
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the reasons I've been scaling back my posting and visits to this forum is that every time I click back on here there has been a new thread nearly every day Bashing Moffat, Bashing Capaldi(or both), proclaiming doom for the Series and several of these threads have ended back in the tedious RTD v SM debate(again)

It's only when you sort of step back and lurk and read from the outside looking in that you see just how bad this forum has got from where it used to be in that regard.

I'm not talking about the usual episode discussion threads, they are an enjoyable read as always as are most others but threads like this one I keep seeing popping up. Yes, I don't have to read them but even seeing them on the front page makes for annoying reading.

Just thought I'd mention it.

:)
  • DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    These threads are tedious

I agree - very tedious
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DCM10 wrote: »
    I agree - very tedious

So why bother keeping them alive by replying in them? :cool:
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even viewing figures are down does it matter? There are no adverts on the bbc. Besides how much money will the bbc rake in from selling the series overseas, not to mention dvd/blu ray sales. Cashcow.

When Tumble finishes and Strictly appears as a lead in, this will help the overnights. Actually when catch up is added in, Doctor Who is rating better than Eastenders.
    Also unlike shows like The X Factor, which can't be exported, made into DVDs or repeated after the first couple of days, Doctor Who makes millions in export sales and DVDs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So why bother keeping them alive by replying in them? :cool:

Because..
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the reasons I've been scaling back my posting and visits to this forum is that every time I click back on here there has been a new thread nearly every day Bashing Moffat, Bashing Capaldi(or both), proclaiming doom for the Series and several of these threads have ended back in the tedious RTD v SM debate(again)

It's only when you sort of step back and lurk and read from the outside looking in that you see just how bad this forum has got from where it used to be in that regard.

I'm not talking about the usual episode discussion threads, they are an enjoyable read as always as are most others but threads like this one I keep seeing popping up. Yes, I don't have to read them but even seeing them on the front page makes for annoying reading.

Just thought I'd mention it.

:)

See! Daveyboy has been vocal in his very fair criticism of Moffats era even if I often disagree with him. But when he posts his critiques they are honest and fair and not the sort of pointless over the top complaining and doom mongering like this thread.

I've been told I'm a Moffat fan boy. I'm not as it happens. I'm just sick of logging onto this forum and finding it full of anger and hatred against the show. Its getting tiresome.

Even those of us that enjoy the show are being told we are easily pleased or stupid for doing so. Its getting so tired.

Even a thread saying 'should they rest DW would be better'. But no. Its all CANCEL IT NOW! oh just stop watching then and leave it for those who enjoy it or at least those who don't get so upset by it they have nothing better to do than pour scorn on the entire thing.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every single year we get posts about how the viewing figures are going down and every year the actual stats prove that wrong. Every year we get posts saying the BBC will cancel the series and every year it gets renewed. Anyone remember the posts about the BBC in "crisis talks," about how bad Matt was in series 5 and that he'd be replaced in series 6 (often claimed that he'd even be replaced by David Tennant!) How'd that pan out? Three series of Smith, plus the 50th anniversary. Yeah, those crisis talks must have been SOOOOOO serious.

Every year we hear the same crap. Every year its proven false. Why do people keep it up?

Oh, I know. One day, sometime in the future, Doctor Who will probably be rested again. Then these people will claim how they predicted it. Well guess what? If you predict failure constantly, then the balance of probabilities say that eventually you will be right. But it won't be because you accurately predicted something, it will be blind luck - and it won't be anytime soon, either.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumped into that lady from the end of Snakedance Episode 1 down the market. Asked her how long the current Doctor Who would last. She gazed into the distance, waggled her fingers in a mystical fashion and declared "I see the number 12. I see the number 12!" Read into that what you will.

Or....what Helbore said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

lol well that's me told :p
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The original series ran for 25 years. That being repeated, we could still have annual Who to 2030.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Every single year we get posts about how the viewing figures are going down and every year the actual stats prove that wrong. Every year we get posts saying the BBC will cancel the series and every year it gets renewed. Anyone remember the posts about the BBC in "crisis talks," about how bad Matt was in series 5 and that he'd be replaced in series 6 (often claimed that he'd even be replaced by David Tennant!) How'd that pan out? Three series of Smith, plus the 50th anniversary. Yeah, those crisis talks must have been SOOOOOO serious.

Every year we hear the same crap. Every year its proven false. Why do people keep it up?

Oh, I know. One day, sometime in the future, Doctor Who will probably be rested again. Then these people will claim how they predicted it. Well guess what? If you predict failure constantly, then the balance of probabilities say that eventually you will be right. But it won't be because you accurately predicted something, it will be blind luck - and it won't be anytime soon, either.

Pretty much this. And the saddest thing is that when it is rested for a while alot of the people who spent years slating it will be the same people saying it should be brought back and whinging about the injustice of it all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred the poster who kept insisting that NuWho wasn't canon. They were much funnier. A true talent in the field of repetitive, near-insane bollocks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I can't help but wonder...but what is wrong with people these days? It's almost as though some people have a perverse desire for Dr Who to be cancelled?! If such people don't like it they ought to stop wasting their time - firstly watching the damn thing and secondly posting never-ending negativity on internet forums. It's almost like some kind of psychosis.

In the meantime I think I'm gonna stop reading the forum. It's sad but the harbingers of doom have a way of sucking the joy of things. It almost makes me miss the pre-internet days where people just watched something and enjoyed it...or didn't watch it and didn't have the platform to bitch about it. These days everyone thinks they are a critic. And it's tedious.

Sorry for the rant :P
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I come back on DS forums for the first time in months and this is the complete and utter tripe that is currently circulating?

Newsflash: Who isn't losing viewers.

Newsflash: Who is making more money worldwide and building up bigger support worldwide than ever.

Newsflash: Who isn't going anywhere.

Newsflash: Who is getting a very positive reaction, and a small selection of internet fans are not the majority of the viewership.

The simple truth is, if you asked 70-80% of Who's viewership where they stand on the Moff/RTD debate, they would have no idea what the fridge you were talking about.
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I come back on DS forums for the first time in months and this is the complete and utter tripe that is currently circulating?

Newsflash: Who isn't losing viewers.

Newsflash: Who is making more money worldwide and building up bigger support worldwide than ever.

Newsflash: Who isn't going anywhere.

Newsflash: Who is getting a very positive reaction, and a small selection of internet fans are not the majority of the viewership.

The simple truth is, if you asked 70-80% of Who's viewership where they stand on the Moff/RTD debate, they would have no idea what the fridge you were talking about.

This is all very true.

Perspective is good. Thanks. :)

P.S. I still don't like Moffat, but it is always good to have perspective. :)
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP is rubbing his hands with glee at all the people taking the bait
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    These threads are tedious

As are the wind-up merchants who start them.

A firework thread - light the blue touchpaper & retire to a safe distance

Or a fishing thread - cast the hook, watch them take the bait, and reel 'em in.

And it's not as if the thread-starter has not tried this before:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2005163
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    As are the wind-up merchants who start them.

A firework thread - light the blue touchpaper & retire to a safe distance

Or a fishing thread - cast the hook, watch them take the bait, and reel 'em in.

And it's not as if the thread-starter has not tried this before:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2005163
    And this disingenuous one:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2007174

Is the guy who used to start threads about "Cabaldi" still around? It seems his place has been taken by the OP.