Doctor Who - S8E12 - Death in Heaven - 8th Nov '14 - BBC One (HD) @ 8:00pm

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad the character work this series looks to be paid off :) Much more rounded series than those of late.
  • KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! This above all other episodes was a big challenge to keep spoiler-free. Unusallu, reviewers were given seven specific plot points that we are absolutely, definitely NOT allowed to even hint at.

One for each TARDIS key?

I am almost at '5 year old on Christmas Eve' excitement levels about this episode...come on Saturday!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    koquillion..me too..got me through my day today and im pretty sure i did a full blown skip with excitement whilst walking on the pavement through town and pondering Saturday.

slouchingthatch it must be ridiculously hard to keep your lips sealed...or incredibly satisfying to know ;)
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit of both, to be honest.

Of course it's good to be in the know, although for most shows I review it's only by 4 or 5 days. Sky are good as they will often send out several episodes at once rather than one at a time, which for some US shows means I can be several weeks ahead of even US viewers.

But it is a double-edged sword too. It's fun interacting with people here and to be able to be part of the pre-episode trickle of teasers. But at the same time I have no one I can talk to about what I've seen, and I steer away from the more speculative discussions as it's too easy to get drawn into saying something (or not saying something) that results in a spoiler.

Hopefully all us previewers strike a decent balance between offering oblique hints but without giving the game away!
    Forum Member
    slouchingthatch understand this totally..fascinating insight too, thank you.

I would be terrible at it..would last about 10 minutes and then blurt out everything in a self combusting waffle of excitement..then feel terrible about it after.

I once looked for christmas presents..didnt find any but my parents told me they were very disappointed in me...was guilt ridden for the entire holidays (this wasnt last year I was 9 ..honest ;))
    Forum Member
    also slouchingthatch...I can offer a counselling service for previewers (theres clearly a gap in the market here) special tv sofa..cup of tea..nice music. Come and offload all your built up knowledge of spoilery happenings and leave feeling refreshed and unburdened.....i wont say a thing..promise ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sonicsocks wrote: »
    also slouchingthatch...I can offer a counselling service for previewers (theres clearly a gap in the market here) special tv sofa..cup of tea..nice music. Come and offload all your built up knowledge of spoilery happenings and leave feeling refreshed and unburdened.....i wont say a thing..promise ;)
    Heh. :-)

Hang in there. Not long to go now and then we'll all be on the same footing!
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Watching her playing opposite Peter Capaldi feels like a pair of exes who really should have stopped bothering to try and still be friends years ago, but make for a magnificent trainwreck every time one of them inevitably forgets this and decides to drunk-dial the other.
    This is possibly the best description I've ever heard of the relationship between the Doctor and the Master.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    I hope they don't kill Missy off or have her regenerate again - I want Michelle Gomez to be Pater Capaldi's nemesis, popping up when you least expect her.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote:

Love the poster, looks like an old genre James Bond movie poster:D

The Cyberman as James Bond and Missy as a bond girl:D

Missy- Oh Cyberman, you're so strong
    Cyberman-
    Missy- You don't say much do you?
    Cyberman-

:D
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The episode is tomorrow, this week has gone quick.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    never has upgrade sounded so sinister
  • RooksRooks Posts: 9,097
    Forum Member
    But at the same time I have no one I can talk to about what I've seen, and I steer away from the more speculative discussions as it's too easy to get drawn into saying something (or not saying something) that results in a spoiler.

I'm on Twitter and it's pretty tricky to avoid this kind of thing :)
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night I dreamt Capaldi left tonight and was replaced by an Italian guy. I do hope I'm wrong ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    I'm on Twitter and it's pretty tricky to avoid this kind of thing :)
    True, but a lot of the speculation that is on Twitter is wrong - or frequently misleading at best.
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the strength of what slouchingthatch has said I wonder if missy tells the doc she's been watchin him all along and then the openin credits shows two tardises ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all started out at a world premiere in Cardiff...
    ...we've seen dinosaurs and daleks. robots and mummies...
    ...now it all comes down to this, with the return of The Master & the Cybermen...
    ....on the final CapalDay of the series!
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope we get to find out who gave Clara the Tardis phone number tonight... I assumed it was Missy but Clara didn't react at all when she and the Doc first clapped eyes on her last week... I'd have thought she might say " Doctor, that's her... the woman who gave my the Taris phone number'... but no reaction at all
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »
    Hope we get to find out who gave Clara the Tardis phone number tonight... I assumed it was Missy but Clara didn't react at all when she and the Doc first clapped eyes on her last week... I'd have thought she might say " Doctor, that's her... the woman who gave my the Taris phone number'... but no reaction at all

Well it has been two or three years for Clara and I doubt Missy was dressed as Mary Poppins if she was trying to disguise herself as someone working in a computer shop.

The Master always liked his disguises so with (for example) a blonde wig, glasses and 21st century clothes I doubt Clara would put two and two together.

I'm sure Missy will reveal she was the woman (if indeed she was) when she explains her cunning plan.