• Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    Anyone else think "aww, no pointless"
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wasn't bad. Not many laugh out moments (although I did like Lee's answer to the boxing woman's question about whether he'd still be in the gym next week) but it was entertaining enough.
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have stopped this several series ago.Used to be great but now dire.
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has Lucy shrunk? :D

decent episode, not a fantastic laugh out loud episode but enjoyable none the less.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know the title says,"Not Going Out" but they are acting a bit like a couple. She actually acts as if she likes him now.

Loved the homicidal gran. Though still not a patch on the real SuperGran.

Happy to see it back.
  • Options
    AligatorCatAligatorCat Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Quite enjoyed it. Btw, Richard Osman mentioned on twitter that the "pointless" episode is not on until November. Hope this helps. .
  • Options
    HelixHelix Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newda898 wrote: »

Me too, my Tivo says tonights was Series 7 Episode 2, so maybe Pointless is Episode 1 but they moved it to later in the series.
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helix wrote: »
    Me too, my Tivo says tonights was Series 7 Episode 2, so maybe Pointless is Episode 1 but they moved it to later in the series.

Richard Osman says it will be shown in November
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I shouldn't like Not Going Out but I laugh every few minutes.
  • Options
    HelixHelix Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    Richard Osman says it will be shown in November

Just looked it up on Wikipedia, should be 14th November. Also has tonights episode as being Episode 1 so Tivo must have got it wrong.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    I know I shouldn't like Not Going Out but I laugh every few minutes.

Same it is bloody brilliant
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helix wrote: »
    Just looked it up on Wikipedia, should be 14th November. Also has tonights episode as being Episode 1 so Tivo must have got it wrong.

I think last year's Christmas special was counted as episode 1 for this run for some reason (possibly because it'll be on the S7 DVD and not S6).

14 November is Children in Need night which the list of episodes on Wiki fails to take into account, so the Pointless ep should be on 21 November.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I'd been looking forward to that after all the trailers. :(

I thought it was ok. Certainly not one of the best episodes I've seen, but you can always rely on a few good lines which is more than you can say for some recent comedies.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    Thought it was a decent enough episode, loved Daisy.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but only because by the time it actually airs they'll have shown the clip so many times it wont seem funny anymore.

They do need to introduce some more characters though. It's got a bit stale with just the three of them.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched it yet, but I hope Bobby Ball isn't in it again. I dislike both him and the character he plays to the extent that I'll make a point of missing any episode he appears in.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A most unconvincing mugger

Still miss Tim Vine, why did he ditch the show, I thought a part in a established sit-com was the dream of all comedians/actors ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    It's OK but the first series with the American girl was brilliant.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Centaurion wrote: »
    A most unconvincing mugger

Still miss Tim Vine, why did he ditch the show, I thought a part in a established sit-com was the dream of all comedians/actors ?

I think he felt bored by it, To be fair to him the Tim part was repetitive as he wasn't one of the 'main 2' in the will they/won't they
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    I know the title says,"Not Going Out" but they are acting a bit like a couple. She actually acts as if she likes him now.
    I think they are growing closer. Still a way to go, though. I did wonder if I'd missed an episode, partly because it was billed as the second one, and partly because I thought the previous one ended with their relationship reaching a turning point.
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show really misses Tim Vine
  • Options
    DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's OK but the first series with the American girl was brilliant.

I preferred the American girl too. Her character Kate was sparky and funny and although she teased Lee about his failings she wasn't as arrogant as Lucy. I think the episode where she asked Lee to pretend to be Tim when her Australian friend was visiting was one of the best. And who could forget the dog carrying the dead duck out of the water after Kate had tried to turn it vegan? :D

Still, I've enjoyed all the episodes I've seen over the years, and last night's was pretty good. I still miss Tim, though, wish he'd come back, there's a feeling of something missing when he's not around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LordBobbin wrote: »
    No Tim Vine sadly. Hugh Dennis is in it though....

Oh god. Wonder if he'll be doing his Jimmy Saville impressions still.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saoir wrote: »
    As good a script every week as ever there has been on UK TV Comedy. Mack is a real talent who doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Totally agree. Thought this for some time.