Options

Mountain Dew !

rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
Forum Member
have any of you ever tried this drink !. BTW IM NOT ADVERTISING IT :P.

i was completely unaware of the drink until a few days ago :eek:, it's really big in america and they have just started selling it in the uk, it has a lemonade kinda hint to it and its gorgeous.

have any of you ever tried it ?

Comments

• Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It had a big surge in the UK in the mid 90s, all the kids was drinking it, (along with tab clear and liptonice.) it was like sprite but not as nice, chemically as hell I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Food and Drink forum....big thread on it :-)
  • Options
    njeonjeo Posts: 6,341
    Forum Member
    I tried it when I went to New York and I was very impressed, well as much as you can be over a fizzy drink. Will have to keep an eye out for it if it's on sale here now.
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is being properly marketed in the UK now (as opposed to just imported from abroad like you get in Chinese supermarkets) it has to be a new formulation because the US Mountain Dew uses some dodgy type of sugar that's restricted in Europe.
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bless the FDA. =/
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    If it is being properly marketed in the UK now (as opposed to just imported from abroad like you get in Chinese supermarkets) it has to be a new formulation because the US Mountain Dew uses some dodgy type of sugar that's restricted in Europe.

Yes Corn syrup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_syrup

It's worse than sugar for causing diabetes type problems.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    It's not the proper stuff though, it's an 'energy drink' version.

I do like Mountain Dew, I tried it in Australia. It tastes like 7up, lemon and lime flavoured.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There selling it over here?! Who is?! I love me some Mountain Dew. Sadly, it's one of the things I really look forward to when going on holiday to the States. :o
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not overly keen on the stuff myself - when I tried it years ago it just tasted like overly sweet 7up, although it may well have changed in the interim.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    There selling it over here?! Who is?! I love me some Mountain Dew. Sadly, it's one of the things I really look forward to when going on holiday to the States. :o

Hahah same here:o

Luckily I know three places locally where I can purchase the stuff (I searched a lot:p) Although it is £1.50 a can in one of them! In the foreign supermarket thing though it's only 59p:D

So MD is now available in Tescos and stuff?:eek: