Cheap Christmas Stamps For Benefit Claimants

13»

Comments

• Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    What good are cheap stamps if you can't afford Christmas cards? they should be cheap too.:rolleyes:

My gran is quite thrifty. I'm pretty sure she doesn't throw away last year's cards!
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    What good are cheap stamps if you can't afford Christmas cards? they should be cheap too.:rolleyes:

Surely the workshy, not hard working family, jsascum. Jeremy Kyle, 80" inch plasma screen viewing dolescum would only use cards for roaches for their roll ups :mad:... I have a friend of a friend who has a friend who had a friend who knew someone who had never worked a day in their life and had a massive house with a huge TV and always had enough money for a ciggy... so he was only 17 and lived with his parents*... not the point is it if he can get a couple of pence of a stamp when hard working tax paying families can't :mad::mad:

*... and he didn't actually smoke... not the point... he didn;t have a wife or a car either...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do these stamps have the picture if her Majesty replaced with that of a 'pleb'

I want a pleb stamp :(
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want a pleb stamp :(

Come over here then *puts on size 10 boots*....
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

You are joking right? I've seen boxes of 24 for just a quid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just goes to show that most people don't bother to read articles before leaping to conclusions. They see the word benefits and the first thought that enters their tiny minds is 'scroungers'.

QFT My mum is in her late eightiies and on Pension Credit and so is eligible: she isn't applying for the stamps as far as I know because she and my brother share the postage on their joint cards, but there is no reason why she should not apply.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    QFT My mum is in her late eightiies and on Pension Credit and so is eligible: she isn't applying for the stamps as far as I know because she and my brother share the postage on their joint cards, but there is no reason why she should not apply.

Could get my gran to apply for them for work:D

Could then give her the cash to buy some sherry.
  • Options
    Bette NoirBette Noir Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    :(

Seems to me there is too much humour going about for free. There should be a tax on it. It's disgusting really. For those who don't deserve to find any semblance of hope when they've not paid for it, they should be sent a christmas card with the The Scream on it, just to remind them to shut up and be deservedly miserable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christmas shouldn't be allowed on benefits!!!! It should be the province of hard working families and tax payers (who get little enough credit as it is)...:mad::mad::mad: What is Christianity coming too :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stanley Gibbons will have something to say about this.
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    If I was on benefits I'd get my 36 first class stamps for 46p each and then flog em off for 56p to people down the pub.

Should make me a tidy profit, enough to be able to celebrate Chrimbo in style with a couple of cans of Special Brew! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnF1971 wrote: »
    If I was on benefits I'd get my 36 first class stamps for 46p each and then flog em off for 56p to people down the pub.

Should make me a tidy profit, enough to be able to celebrate Chrimbo in style with a couple of cans of Special Brew! :D

Pensioners like special brew?! :eek:
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »
    Pensioners like special brew?! :eek:

Have you never been to Glasgow?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnF1971 wrote: »
    Have you never been to Glasgow?

Clearly not :eek:
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    This wants stamping on.
    It'll be tough but if we all get together I'm sure we can lick it.

BTW (unlike me) Never Nude is on fire this evening, bravo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    It'll be tough but if we all get together I'm sure we can lick it.]

BTW (unlike me) Never Nude is on fire this evening, bravo.

:o Don't worry, tomorrow it will back to normal.

Also BIB, corny I know, but it was better then anything I could come up with :D:D
  • Options
    Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    can they afford the christmas cards to send:eek:
  • Options
    gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    can they afford the christmas cards to send:eek:

I have to say, if they can its an utter disgrace. There shouldnt be even a penny spare of their money once they have paid for the absolute basics that you need to live. Clearly they are given way too much :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that poor JSA claimants have been ignored again, the ones that have to live off the lowest amount.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have to say, if they can its an utter disgrace. There shouldnt be even a penny spare of their money once they have paid for the absolute basics that you need to live. Clearly they are given way too much :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I find your liberal attitude quite typical of the one that has bought this country to it's knees/bankruptcy/to the dogs (take your pick)... they should have just under what they need for the basics to make them have to sell their possessions until they are forced into the gutter with the other workshy benefit abusers and are washed away into the sea...:mad::mad::mad: I;d call them scum but actual scum rises to the top and that isn't fair on tax paying hard working families who never get to have a foreign holiday.