Options

Songs where several big artists have got together

starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
Forum Member
The Moulan Rouge thread got me thinking. What projects have involved 3 or more big or reasonably big artists?

What artists would you like to see get together and what song would you like them to sing?

Comments

• Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What projects have involved 3 or more big or reasonably big artists?

Ignoring things like Band Aid, the Traveling Wilburys - which features singers like Bob Dylan, George Harrison and Roy Orbison - immediately sprang to mind.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Cher, Chrissie Hynde and Nenah Cherry did that cover of 'Love Can Build a Bridge'.
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sting, Bryan Adams and Rod Stewart released 'All for Love' back in the nineties.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of the Lights - Kanye West ft Rihanna (as well as Elton John, Alicia Keys, John Legend, Fergie, Kid Cudi, Elly Jackson and The-Dream). That's not even all of them.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just Stand up, which was a charity song back in 2008 for Stand up to cancer charity

It featured

Mariah Carey
    Carrie Underwood
    Beyonce
    Mary J Blige
    Rihanna
    Fergie
    Sheryl Crow
    Melissa Etheridge
    Natasha Bedingfield
    Miley Cyrus
    Leona Lewis
    Keyshia Cole
    LeAnn Rimes
    Ciara
    Ashanti
    Nicole Scherzinger
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj on 'Bang Bang' this year is pretty big tbh.

'Game Over' from a few years ago is a song with Tinchy Stryder, Example, Tinie Tempah, Chipmunk, Professor Green, Devlin and Giggs all featured (all pretty big names back then)
  • Options
    James_Walker2James_Walker2 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Deleted.
  • Options
    Kirsty_Jones90Kirsty_Jones90 Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to think (in the spirit of Moulin Rouge) of Lil Kim/Left Eye/Missy Elliott, Da Brat and Angie martinez-Ladies night
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Timbaland, Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake .. on Give it To Me.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Regrets - Robbie Williams, with guest vocals from Neil Tennant and Neil Hannon.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Petty, Jeff Lynn, Steve Winwood & Prince - While my guitar gently weeps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose this is a charitable effort but very effective musically.

'Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour)' with Jay-Z, U2 and Rihanna.

And this one is an awareness effort in relation to HIV

' American Prayer' - Beyoncé, U2 and Dave Stewart

And a but of Country feminism?

'He thinks He'll Keep Her' - Mary Chapin Carpenter , Emmylou Harris, Trisha Yearwood, Patty Loveless, and many others..
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna, Justin TImberlake and Timbaland - 4 Minutes
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney Spears, Pink, Beyonce and Enrique did We Will Rock You for a Pepsi advert if I'm not mistaken?
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We Are The World
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Cher, Chrissie Hynde and Nenah Cherry did that cover of 'Love Can Build a Bridge'.

Thank you for reminding me of this beautiful ballad, which never gets airplay or mentions anymore. Its especially relevant now with all the unrest in the world..
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the first ones has to be The Million Dollar Quartet, which lined up Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash.

Not too shabby :)
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Tom Petty, Jeff Lynn, Steve Winwood & Prince - While my guitar gently weeps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, Neil Young e Roger McGuinn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbPa31KOZg0
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's What Friends Are For - Dionne Warwick, Elton John, Gladys Knight and Stevie Wonder
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Quixotic wrote: »
    That's What Friends Are For - Dionne Warwick, Elton John, Gladys Knight and Stevie Wonder

I love that song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Perfect Day - Lou Reed, Bono, Skye Edwards, David Bowie, Suzanne Vega, Elton John, Boyzone, Lesley Garrett, Burning Spear, Thomas Allen, Heather Small, Emmylou Harris, Tammy Wynette, Shane MacGowa, Dr. John, Robert Cray, Huey Morgan, Ian Broudie, Gabrielle, Evan Dando, Brett Anderson, Visual Ministry Choir, Joan Armatrading, Laurie Anderson, Tom Jones
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the late 80s KRS-One started the 'stop the violence movement' in response to the violence in Hip Hop and the African American community, after his DJ Scott la rock was murdered in a street altercation and a guy got shot at one of his concerts. It was composed of some of the biggest names in East coast Hip Hop, with all proceeds going to the national urban league.
    Featuring :
    Krs-One, D-Nice, Ms Melodie (BDP)
    Stetsasonic
    Kool moe dee
    Mc Lyte
    Doug E fresh
    Just Ice
    Heavy D
    Chuck D & Flavour Flav (P.E)
    Stop the violence movement - Self destruction (1989) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxyYP_bS_6s
    Like Live Aid the song kind of sucks, but its the novelty of seeing all the different artists together in the video makes it entertaining.

Shortly afterwards West coast Hip Hop artists decided to follow suit and a host of them did something similar which promoted anti gang violence which was a real problem in america at the time.The song was a bit better but still not that great, but again i remember watching this video a lot.
    Featuring
    Dr Dre, MC Ren, Eazy- E (NWA)
    King tee
    Def Jef
    J.J. Fad
    Tone-Loc
    Above the law
    Ice-T
    Young MC
    Digital underground
    MC Hammer
    The west coast all stars - were all in the same gang (1990)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RFLZRVpoWk

Krs-One - Heal yourself (1991)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6drAemArvM
    featuring
    Krs-One
    Big daddy kane
    Freddie foxx
    kid capri
    LL cool j
    MC Lyte
    Run DMC
    Queen latfiah
    *LL cool J and Run (from run dmc) were banned on the day from going to the video shoot by russell simmons, to get around this when LL's verse comes on some kids stand around a boom box listening to his rap through that.:o

KRS also done another more upto date version of self destruction in 2008 featuring over 55 artists and again in 2009.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God Only Knows - Pharrell Williams; Emeli Sandé; Elton John; Lorde; Chris Martin; Brian Wilson; Florence Welch; Kylie Minogue; Stevie Wonder; Eliza Carthy; Jake Bugg; Tees Valley Youth Choir; One Direction; Jaz Dhami; Paloma Faith; Chrissie Hynde; Jamie Cullum; Baaba Maal; Danielle de Niese; Dave Grohl; Sam Smith.

Also: Martin James Bartlett; Nicola Benedetti; Jools Holland; Brian May; Katie Derham; Alison Balsom.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember 'Artists Against Aids' did a cover of Marvin Gaye's Whats Going On in 2001. However, its release was so close to the 9/11 atrocities that some of the proceeds went to that. It featured Bono (inevitably), Destiney's Child, Britney Spears, N; Sync, Christine Aguilera, Ja Rule, Jennifer Lopez, Fred Durst, Gwen Stefani, Mary J Blige, Nelly, Eve, Alicia Keyes, P Diddy, Nelly Furtado and Nona Gaye.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I remember 'Artists Against Aids' did a cover of Marvin Gaye's Whats Going On in 2001. However, its release was so close to the 9/11 atrocities that some of the proceeds went to that. It featured Bono (inevitably), Destiney's Child, Britney Spears, N; Sync, Christine Aguilera, Ja Rule, Jennifer Lopez, Fred Durst, Gwen Stefani, Mary J Blige, Nelly, Eve, Alicia Keyes, P Diddy, Nelly Furtado and Nona Gaye.

I remember that