Egg thrower woman on BGT!

Comments

• KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Sneaks in to the studio?. She was part of the orchestra so very likely had a backstage pass ..

I apologise. I didn't realise you'd fallen for it.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I apologise. I didn't realise you'd fallen for it.

No need to apologise, since I haven't 'fallen' for anything ..
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Are people really so desperate to be one of the cool kids that they'll claim everything is a set-up if it appears on a Cowell show ?

There are plenty of people who claim everything on the news is a setup, so it shouldn't be a surprise.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are so suspicious and mis trusting now a days they think everything a set up/conspiracy/getting one over on them-why not believe it was a mad woman throwing eggs at Simon Cowell which what it looked like to me- i thought it was part of the act untill we rewound it :D
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneaks in to the studio?. She was part of the orchestra so very likely had a backstage pass ..

.. and a box of eggs. How did she manage to conceal it?
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    There are plenty of people who claim everything on the news is a setup, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Not everything. Only really obvious things.
    Forum Member
    End-Em-All wrote: »

Probably had 'em stashed where the sun don't shine.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was hilarious. Some people in the BGT forum are saying she should be charged with assault, I think she should get a pat on the back.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably had 'em stashed where the sun don't shine.

No comment :eek:
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member

Eggsactly
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be one of the minority, then. I wanted to slap her stupid, smug face. Not because she egged Simon Cowell...it was when she chose to do it. It wasn't fair on the two guys who were performing and I can well believe it was sour grapes from last year. Just someone wanting to make a bit of a name for herself and get a bit of attention. It was pathetic. I don't think she should be charged with assault or anything but nor do I think she should be allowed to do the media circuit in order to get the attention she clearly desperately craves. If she was any good with her viola or, she wouldn't need to pull stunts like this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

considering it only looked like a regular-sized half dozen box ..

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/08/article-2338096-1A37887B000005DC-896_634x444.jpg

.. and not the "massive box of eggs" as has been claimed, it wouldn't have been that hard to conceal it in a coat with big pockets or a bag. But then clearly she was given them by a member of the production staff and told to wait for her cue since it was staged .. :rolleyes:
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I must be one of the minority, then. I wanted to slap her stupid, smug face. Not because she egged Simon Cowell...it was when she chose to do it. It wasn't fair on the two guys who were performing and I can well believe it was sour grapes from last year. Just someone wanting to make a bit of a name for herself and get a bit of attention. It was pathetic. I don't think she should be charged with assault or anything but nor do I think she should be allowed to do the media circuit in order to get the attention she clearly desperately craves. If she was any good with her viola or, she wouldn't need to pull stunts like this.

i agree,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just read the Mail article. If she's a trained musician, and BAFTA nominated, why throw away all that hard work with a silly stunt? She and the Raven Quartet (if they keep her) could lose work if she can't be trusted.

It was hardly a spontaneous thing either, she must've taken the eggs with her and spent the whole evening thinking about it. After she's finished giggling about her "silly" stunt, perhaps she should talk to a psychiatrist about her egg throwing urges. Or find a new career in egg throwing. ;)
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't need to conceal anything. They would have just been part of the things she went to work with that day.

She could have have entered the building with a whole "Big shop". Security were hardly going to say "You're not going to throw any of this stuff at Simon Cowell are you?".

Anyone that thinks it was a set up is just a completely clueless cretin!

The Ike forum is that way....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Having been both in the audience and part of the 'backstage' of tv programmes I can assure you that bag checking is taken very seriously - all audience members have to check in their bags or have them well searched and people behind the scenes have the same. It's a live tv programme!

So no, she couldn't have brought 'a big shop' with her, it would have been taken and stored if anyone had done something so silly anyway. And her violin case would have been searched too. They don't take risks on programmes especially live ones.

So yes it's all rather fishy. I can't see how logistically she could have brought them in and then 'secreted' them. And nobody saw her and thought it odd? The bandmates who 'knew nothing about it' didn't think her keeping eggs in her case (as that's the only place they could have been) was odd?! Nonsense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    She didn't need to conceal anything. They would have just been part of the things she went to work with that day.

She could have have entered the building with a whole "Big shop". Security were hardly going to say "You're not going to throw any of this stuff at Simon Cowell are you?".

Anyone that thinks it was a set up is just a completely clueless cretin!

The Ike forum is that way....

BTW 'completely clueless cretin?!' How rude are you? You've just suggested someone would bring
    A 'big shop' to a live TV show. As if! Don't be so naive! Whether she concealed them or not, you shouldn't call people cretins its damn rude especially when you have just made a ridiculously implausible comment yourself.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who thinks it was staged is a completely clueless cretin.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't care less if it was staged or not, i found it funny and Mrs Egg Thrower is a little hottie.
  • gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I couldn't care less if it was staged or not, i found it funny and Mrs Egg Thrower is a little hottie.

Yeah, I wonder if Mr Cowell , never called her back ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lildeakin wrote: »
    So yes it's all rather fishy

No, it really isn't. She most likely had a backstage pass as a member of the orchestra, so she would have already been assumed to be 'trustworthy'.

She also likely have been seen at rehearsals all week without incident as well, so i'd say it's more than plausible that security wouldn't have given her a second look on the day.

I just wish one of the two of them singing had reached across and grabbed an egg out of the box and mashed it on her head. Now that would have been funny ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if that's the best stunt Simon can come up with he really has run out of ideas.

The least he could have done was give the real event, The World Eggthrowing Championships, a mention and make a donation!:D

http://www.swatonvintageday.com/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    herejohno wrote: »
    Set up to make headlines and did exactly that!
    cazzz wrote: »
    I agree, if the "right act" didn't win its another way to divert them off the front pages. Cowell will get guaranteed front page (its hardly newsworthy) but anything is better than nothing for Cowell. :yawn:
    Agree.
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    ...It wasn't fair on the two guys who were performing
    That's why it's definitely a set up. She would've been rehersing with the two singers and got to know them. So why not wait until they'd finish performing and throw the eggs at the end? Cos 'act carries on while woman disrupts performance' makes better headlines, that's why.
    I've just read the Mail article. If she's a trained musician, and BAFTA nominated, why throw away all that hard work with a silly stunt? She and the Raven Quartet (if they keep her) could lose work if she can't be trusted.
    She wouldn't. Unless she'd been instructed to do it, of course.

Reasons why it was a set up :-

It had to be someone who was on the stage so they could film her on TV actually throwing the eggs. If it had been someone in the audience they wouldn't have been on camera doing it.

As said above, bags are searched so how did she get them in?

If they were in her viola case, she wouldn't have it with her when she was about to go on stage so how did she get them past the security standing in the wings?

Also, Simon not having a spare jacket was double bluff. If he'd had one people would've said he knew it was going to happen. But do you really believe he only has one suit in his dressing room? I don't.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Stunt.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Stunt.

Cupid Stunt! :p