Options

Nectar cards

13»

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,015
    Forum Member
    Hello. Not sure how old this thread is so apologies for bumping it.

I've just ordered a Nectar card and wondered whether you could start collecting immediately or whether you have to wait for the card to arrive.

Thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use my Nectar card a lot, if you log onto their website and get re-directed to various sites such as Amazon etc you get Nectar points from that too.
  • Options
    cutekitty7686cutekitty7686 Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are not amazing but ok I have the search bar too and get extra 100 points a month and if you shop online a few shops on here collect points . I use them as a treat card to use point such as free film tickets and days out etc If you are already using the shops they are collected in why not have one you are not losing out and actually gaining extras which in this day and age is good :)
  • Options
    simondsUU933wsimondsUU933w Posts: 4,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow this is an old thread isn't it ;)

All loyalty schemes have pros and cons.

I'm a single guy and do my weekly shopping and fueling at Sainsbury's - I collect around £100 of points each year which I usually spend around Christmas. Not bad for handing over an extra card when you pay for your shopping.

Now if you're a family of four ...
  • Options
    Mad HatterMad Hatter Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is an offer on at the moment, if you insure your car through confused.com they are giving you 1,000 nectar points.
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i saw my User name on the thread and thought their was a fault with the web site.....the thread is that old!
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick question. In Sainsbury's grocery shopping can you redeem what you want or do you have to go the full value of the points? For example, say I have 2000 points at £10's worth, can I just redeem £5 of that or do I have to spend the whole £10? Thanks.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick question. In Sainsbury's grocery shopping can you redeem what you want or do you have to go the full value of the points? For example, say I have 2000 points at £10's worth, can I just redeem £5 of that or do I have to spend the whole £10? Thanks.

as much or as little as you want, but i think it has to be in multiples of £2.50
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, thanks. I've noticed recently that I've got more points worth than what I usually spend in there. So, I can now redeem them over a few shopping trips. Which will come in handy now we're heading towards Christmas.
  • Options
    lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shop at Sainsbury's and save my nectar points throughtout the year and use them at Christmas.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a new microwave, and new vacuum cleaner using Nectar points. I am saving them for a new washing machine now (I just hope the old machine holds out until I have enough points)

The good thing about Nectar points is they don't expire like the Tesco equivalent. .
  • Options
    sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the 10 years I've had mine I've never ever received a points booster voucher at the sainsburys till. I've called them several times to be told it's random but bloody hell 8 other people in my office get them every week how can it be random!! Really getting on my nerves now!