Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Maybe he was in the stock room snogging Rita? :o

Or dreaming that he was, anyway:D
  • Options
    AngelJeanAngelJean Posts: 4,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    That wheelchair's ability to negotiate its way around Corrie's locations is one of the biggest SORs - ridiculous.! Whenever she's in the café a large space appears so that she can move around.

I thought that too. My mum is in a wheelchair and whenever I take her to a café I usually have to move chairs/tables to make room. He house also has a door similar to Anna's and although we can negotiate it, it would not be possible with Izzy's type of chair as it is appears to be much longer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    dickronson wrote: »
    Carla is supposed to be well off and like the finer things in life.
    So why is she proudly carrying a cheap, fake, knock off Hermes handbag?

Because she is already carrying a cheap , fake husband who is knocking off a cheap bag every opportunity he gets!

And if she likes the finer things in life why is she married to Peter The Not So Great?
    He is a dishonest , cheating , lying , cowardly , selfish , deceitful , unfaithful , arrogant piece of scum.
    Add to that - bigamist with many former failed marriages / alcoholic / reeking of **** / tacky tattoos / poor role model as father / business failure.
    Dare I add murderer? ( he is the bookies favourite for the upcoming murder of Tina.)
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she is already carrying a cheap , fake husband who is knocking off a cheap bag every opportunity he gets!

And if she likes the finer things in life why is she married to Peter The Not So Great?
    He is a dishonest , cheating , lying , cowardly , selfish , deceitful , unfaithful , arrogant piece of scum.
    Add to that - bigamist with many former failed marriages / alcoholic / reeking of **** / tacky tattoos / poor role model as father / business failure.
    Dare I add murderer? ( he is the bookies favourite for the upcoming murder of Tina.)

Spoiler alert!!!
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

More likely to be Mary! :o
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Dev's Corner Shop seems to have been refurbished. Particularly the counter. When was this done? Did Jason / Owen do it ? Did they need to close the shop while this was going on?
    Clearly not Jason, not in good talking terms with Dev. :D
    ceecee31 wrote: »
    A complete SOR for me was the fact that they are in Peter's bed, in his and Carla's flat, just yards away from where his wife was having drinks with her pal. She could have popped back for anything at any time. And not only did P & T have sex in his bed, but languished back against the pillows, chatting away, like they had all the time in the world. As if ANY mistress would even contemplate this.
    The whole affair doesn't make sense. Sure Tina's got nothing to lose, but she decided to sleep with Peter knowing it would put both in danger. And now she's calling the shots and having a go at Peter at every opportunity.

How many times a day does Peter have sex? Satisfies two women on a regular basis when some men struggle to pleasure one. :(
    ... and is used as a second pub with customers nursing a drink for ages. Now the story lines dictate lots of random meetings and gatherings, customers having meals seem to have been largely abandoned.
    This perfectly captured when Beth decided to spend her day off there, as opposed to the t'Rovers.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Steve in a Moving Story, the Rovers has now got an extra bedroom so they don't have to all share the same bed.:D
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    According to Steve in a Moving Story, the Rovers has now got an extra bedroom so they don't have to all share the same bed.:D

I find the adding on of a window even more unbelievable than the imaginary bedroom!
  • Options
    AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,877
    Forum Member
    [/B][/SPOILER]

Spoiler alert!!!

Thanks, Meldrewman.

Please everyone, can we stick to commenting here on SORs in episodes which have already aired and refrain from telling everyone what the press say about future storylines? We don't all read those papers and most of us prefer not to know what's coming up. There's general discussion of and speculation about the programme in other threads.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AKFE wrote: »
    Thanks, Meldrewman.

Please everyone, can we stick to commenting here on SORs in episodes which have already aired and refrain from telling everyone what the press say about future storylines? We don't all read those papers and most of us prefer not to know what's coming up. There's general discussion of and speculation about the programme in other threads.

I fear we're wasting our time - and we'll next be accused of dictating what people can post! :( (it wouldn't be the first time for me!)
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank God it's Friday and I can get drunk to eradicate this image from my mind. :p
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    I fear we're wasting our time - and we'll next be accused of dictating what people can post! :( (it wouldn't be the first time for me!)

It must be a suspension of reality that some of us dont want to know what's coming up.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,626
    Forum Member
    It's Phil from Heartbeat! is that a SoR? :D
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Carla cooking a fancy meal when Peter is away and a 'friends'
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Huge SOR, Liz telling Tina she can't leave early or have a day off :o:o^_^
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,626
    Forum Member

That made me laugh - I thought the scriptwriters had been reading this thread. :D
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    That made me laugh - I thought the scriptwriters had been reading this thread. :D

That and the sudden, random appearance of Faye made me think the same thing.
  • Options
    WoofyWoofy Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dev's shop has NOTHING on the counter. No shop I know of has absolutely nothing on the counter.
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woofy wrote: »
    Dev's shop has NOTHING on the counter. No shop I know of has absolutely nothing on the counter.

LOL - it's a crap set and has been for years! No shop I know looks as weirdly set out as Dev's. ^_^
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    It's Phil from Heartbeat! is that a SoR? :D
    Travelled forward in time. :p
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

How many times a day does Peter have sex? Satisfies two women on a regular basis when some men struggle to pleasure one. :(

Some guys have all the luck
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow I think that should be one of soaps biggest shock twist and suprise most of the audience wasn't expecting that.
  • Options
    EmrysEmrys Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    A huge SOR was when Dev, with Kal and his dad, were arguing over whether to include a jacuzzi in the gym. Surely the first thing you do is market research before a venture like that, and know exactly what is going in your gym before you get the builders in. Have the builders been told that the plans for whole place are going to be made as they go along? Hasn't an architect drawn up any plans?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Why is Carla cooking a fancy meal when Peter is away and a 'friends'

Carla can't cook..remember when she was trying to peel carrots..She was hacking them up lol
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AKFE wrote: »
    Thanks, Meldrewman.

I'd be careful asking that. A while back I didn't know
    Tina was going to be killed off
    and only found out when some posters were openly discussing it. I was roundly made fun of for pointing out it was a bit of spoiler - turns out it was my fault for preferring not to know, I should have been spending more of my time and money reading soap mags to find this stuff out.

Have to agree about not only Norris missing Tina and Peter's blatant snog, but surely anyone could've gone walking past? Or come out of their house or the shop itself?
This discussion has been closed.