Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The irony is Victoria Wood did a fabulous "homage" to early Corrie in black and white as a hairnet battleaxed Ena Sharples. It was brilliant and so respectful of the terrific acting displayed back then, poor Violet Carson will be whirring in her grave as well.

Sorry I forgot about Ena. The dearly departed Street originals must be spinning at the current Corrie crap. The prog is an insult to their wonderful characterisations and acting.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Why was fiz bleating on about childminding costs? Surely if tyrone is off work for a few months he can watch the kids? He only has a broken wrist so im sure he can manage looking after the kids during the day.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie has always been pie in the sky about money and what things cost. I remember when Bet Lynch wanted to buy the Rovers and went about trying to borrow money. The pub was up for £10 grand! I know it was a while ago, but £10 grand for a pub with a flat upstairs that is packed most nights and lunchtimes, let alone weekends!
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Why was fiz bleating on about childminding costs? Surely if tyrone is off work for a few months he can watch the kids? He only has a broken wrist so im sure he can manage looking after the kids during the day.

The thing is if the kids go to a childminder or a nursery, you can't just take them out and send them back when you feel like it, they would lose their place. That's what happens around here anyway, and for two kids the fees would be between £200/£300 per week,anyway, so basically Fiz is only working to pay for childcare.:confused:
  • Options
    spjkellyspjkelly Posts: 9,073
    Forum Member
    When Jason was looking for Tyrone in the house he looked in the front room which had a glass door, surprised they'd have this in a house with two young toddler's running around.
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Why does Tyrone keep saying he would have no income if he's not working. Surely as part owner he gets a share of the profits anyway? So hiring another mechanic would pay for itself as long as he was kept busy. There's no way that Kevin has gone without any income from the garage for all the time he has been away 'minding his dad'.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is if the kids go to a childminder or a nursery, you can't just take them out and send them back when you feel like it, they would lose their place. That's what happens around here anyway, and for two kids the fees would be between £200/£300 per week,anyway, so basically Fiz is only working to pay for childcare.:confused:

Where my daughter lives, if you want to put a child into childcare partway through a term, you have to pay the full rate from the start of the term. Which is diabolical, really.
    FionnB wrote: »
    ............... So hiring another mechanic would pay for itself as long as he was kept busy. ...................

The trouble is, there's 100% employment on the street, and nobody would dream of employing anyone from outside the street. Otherwise, you'd be perfectly correct.
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Where my daughter lives, if you want to put a child into childcare partway through a term, you have to pay the full rate from the start of the term. Which is diabolical, really.

About time a formal fee-charging child minder opened up; recipe for untold riches
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    The trouble is, there's 100% employment on the street, and nobody would dream of employing anyone from outside the street. Otherwise, you'd be perfectly correct.

The A-word has been linked with various jobs - so here's one for her
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Neil can fix cars?
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Peter really at deaths door?????
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Todd bitching about having to walk...what from Jason's yard? That's about 250 metres away?
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »
    Todd bitching about having to walk...what from Jason's yard? That's about 250 metres away?

I thought I mis heard that bit!!!! Ridiculous!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I mis heard that bit!!!! Ridiculous!!!!

We rewound it too :D

Plus it's a two seater vehicle anyway, so someone would have to walk.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spjkelly wrote: »
    When Jason was looking for Tyrone in the house he looked in the front room which had a glass door, surprised they'd have this in a house with two young toddler's running around.

Safety glass!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't Jason offered to do the loft conversion for free? And yet Fizz is still bitching for compo?

The value of that work would be at least five times more than Tirrone's wage for two months. I'd be snapping their arm off :D
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safety glass!

I hope it wasn't ordered by Todd and fitted by Jason! :o
  • Options
    ArtemsGirlArtemsGirl Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Why are Fiz and Tyrone moaning about money, he is a mechanic and they make a lot of money he must have some savings
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Did I hear Mishell talking about other clients in her guise as wedding planner?

When did this business all start then?
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I wonder how Jack's dominoes managed to survive the great Rovers fire of 2013?
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Tyrone keep saying he would have no income if he's not working. Surely as part owner he gets a share of the profits anyway? So hiring another mechanic would pay for itself as long as he was kept busy. There's no way that Kevin has gone without any income from the garage for all the time he has been away 'minding his dad'.

Also Luke (is he called Luke) was telling Fizz and Tyrone that he was snowed under and was having to work overtime, and had to leave them to answer the phone:-

a) Surely Tyrone would know he was working overtime already as he is the co-owner and would have had to suggest and/or sanction it
    b) Could not Tyrone sit in the office and man the phone and at least leave Luke free to do his "mechanicking"? (as in, standing looking into open car bonnets :D )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »

Over cobbles! Have a heart!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also Luke (is he called Luke) was telling Fizz and Tyrone that he was snowed under and was having to work overtime, and had to leave them to answer the phone:-

a) Surely Tyrone would know he was working overtime already as he is the co-owner and would have had to suggest and/or sanction it
    b) Could not Tyrone sit in the office and man the phone and at least leave Luke free to do his "mechanicking"? (as in, standing looking into open car bonnets :D )

And as someone said upthread, if your business is still open, you're still making money. Although it would be reduced I suppose because work would have to be turned down.
  • Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As a self employed person can't Tyrone get incapacity benefit, whilst unable to work?
  • Options
    spjkellyspjkelly Posts: 9,073
    Forum Member
    Nobody gets benefits in corryland. As for Todd moaning he had to walk, he lives next door
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    billio wrote: »
    I wonder if Neil can fix cars?

Whether he can or can't, there are four pages of jobs in the Gazette

Blimey - a milk float !
This discussion has been closed.