Options

how has a multi culture society benefited britain?

Comments

• Options
    Lady DynorodLady Dynorod Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need a long lie down in a dark room.

I know people involved in bringing FGM to light in the UK and every single one of them is a lefty. All feminists.

As for the stuff about `black boys` that is simply delusional.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dragonzord wrote: »
    Does not change the fact what they did they were still invaders do you say the same at the British and what they did in india.

People say Britain was wrong thought it did to others ,so why can the same said not about the romans and others that invaded Britain.

Britain obviously did export it's culture around the world with empire. Invader or immigrant makes no difference.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britain obviously did export it's culture around the world with empire. Invader or immigrant makes no difference.

No the difference is the advances.

Who on earth would put up with cultures invading that are more backward and less technologically advanced?

They'd probably lose for a start off.

Immigration asks for no such advancement, almost the opposite. In every country where large scale economic immigration is coming from, the more progressive, the better educated, the more able to contribute to society are staying put.

Because just like here, and in any society, those who have "made it" are doing well in comparison to emigrating.
  • Options
    gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And you are going on ignore.

It's been a long time since I've seen a poster on these boards as objectionable as you but some of the things you have said are despicable.

Enjoy your time here luckily I won't have a clue what you say from now on.
  • Options
    BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know people involved in bringing FGM to light in the UK and every single one of them is a lefty. All feminists.

As for the stuff about `black boys` that is simply delusional.

What has the left done about stopping it, that is the important question. It is some decades since awareness has been there of this happening in cultural enclaves in the UK. We have had New Labour in power for a heck of long time and in terms of being effective, they weren't.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Multiculturalism brings the cultures of other countries into our own.

Have you ever travelled abroad? To see other countries and to admire their architecture, engineering, art, food, entertainments, artisanship etc?

And when people from those countries settle here they bring with them some of those things and add to our cultural diversity. An event like the Notting Hill carnival has been sadly marred by a few unpleasant incidents over the years but most of the time it brings a lively mix of Caribbean culture with it, from food to clothing and costumes to music etc. and importantly it allows a cross-pollination of cultures which, during the punk era for example, created some of Britain's most innovative music of the time. You might not like the Clash or Public Image Ltd or Gang of Four or have even heard of them but thousands have.

So stop moaning about a group of Pakistani rapists and open your eyes.

I have travelled abroad extensively and experienced/admired all the things you describe above. What I have not done however, is emigrate to any of the countries I have visited and tried to change their culture to my own, thus rendering the point of visiting and experiencing other cultures senseless.
  • Options
    dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    I have travelled abroad extensively and experienced/admired all the things you describe above. What I have not done however, is emigrate to any of the countries I have visited and tried to change their culture to my own, thus rendering the point of visiting and experiencing other cultures senseless.

Do the British people get told to respect other countries cultures when we go to them.
    So why do we not ask the same of them?
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,595
    Forum Member
    Do the British people get told to respect other countries cultures when we go to them.
    So why do we not ask the same of them?

Yeah the Brits that go to Magaluf are models of decency and good manners Don't you feel SO proud when you see these examples of modern Britain on the TV and in the press?
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Yeah the Brits that go to Magaluf are models of decency and good manners Don't you feel SO proud when you see these examples of modern Britain on the TV and in the press?

1-2 weeks holidaying in country isn't going to change the social fabric of that country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trunkster wrote: »
    1-2 weeks holidaying in country isn't going to change the social fabric of that country.

But it is not just one or two weeks is it? Drunken Brits are there for most of the year and the point is that other people see this and who would blame them for keeping well away from the hordes of tattooed meatheads and slutty girls who give Britain such a poor reputation
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    crystallad wrote: »
    We here of alot of people saying how good multiculturalism is for Britain. I personally think the government just wanted more people to increase our workforce but then spin us lies of how cuddly multiculturalism is. I see a Britain that has pockets of different cultures changing areas of Britain to one more similar to the original country.
    So my question is other than take away shops what have multiple different communities brought to Britain that makes us better vs worse !

What original country?

Pre-historic tribes? All countries go through changes in culture.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How far back do you want to go?

Romans building a road network?
    Jews helping fund the expansion of England's territory in the 12th Century?
    Huguenots bringing silk weaving skills to England in the 18th Century?

And more recently ..... ???
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well no but that's not multiculturalism is it? It works both ways. We have no right to insist that all immigrants conform exactly to our way of life (outside of respecting laws etc. etc.) and other cultures should not come here and impose their culture on an unwilling population, otherwise in both circumstances all you end up with is a monoculture.

The way multiculturalism works in principle is when other cultures come here and we voluntarily adopt their culture or cross-pollinate with it, as we have done with, say, cuisine or we allow them to retain their cultural values free of interference (as long as they remain lawful).

This continual argument about being "taken over" is not about multiculturalism. I wouldn't want to live under Sharia law any more than anyone else and I have already stated on here several times that I am in full agreement that violation of UK laws is completely unacceptable, regardless of the ethnic origin of the perpetrators.

The "failure" of multiculturalism as people see it is that we have failed to address a number of unlawful activities by some cultures (and I think we needn't be cagey in spelling out that this is largely Islamic culture) but these are not people who are interested in a multicultural Britain. They want an Islamic Britain.

As I said earlier we should stop tip-toeing around the issues and tackle them firmly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Obviously not. And your point is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    They want an Islamic Britain.

That would be the worst thing to happened to Britain or any western countries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Obviously not. And your point is?

My point is that this thread is littered with examples of poor behaviour by other people from a different culture and that they make no effort to involve themselves in British culture And who can blame them sometimes?
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it is not just one or two weeks is it? Drunken Brits are there for most of the year and the point is that other people see this and who would blame them for keeping well away from the hordes of tattooed meatheads and slutty girls who give Britain such a poor reputation

Perhaps they're the reason so many people travel across the whole of Europe to seek asylum here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps they're the reason so many people travel across the whole of Europe to seek asylum here.

You seem to be mixing up immigration with cultural differences which is what this thread is supposed to be about
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point is that this thread is littered with examples of poor behaviour by other people from a different culture and that they make no effort to involve themselves in British culture And who can blame them sometimes?

And, as has already been pointed out, the idiots who cause mayhem in holiday resorts are there for two weeks only. They have not emigrated and made no attempt to integrate. I have no idea why you think this is relevant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another British citizen beheaded by evil extremist muslims>:(

I wounded if ordinary muslims in Britain will now be attacked:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another British citizen beheaded by evil extremist muslims>:(

I wounded if ordinary muslims in Britain will now be attacked:(

I should imagine ( and hope) not. We are a civilised society, not barbarians.
  • Options
    gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correction most of us are civilised a small minority are not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And, as has already been pointed out, the idiots who cause mayhem in holiday resorts are there for two weeks only. They have not emigrated and made no attempt to integrate. I have no idea why you think this is relevant.

But their unsavoury actions don't stay overseas do they? The papers and TV were full of it a couple months ago and it just builds up an image here which is viewed by others
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

remember after 9/11,7/7 and the killing of Lee Rigby attacks happened.
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Immigrants generally leave their countries to escape poverty and sadness, not find it.