Options

The Cora Cross/Ann Mitchell Appreciation Thread

felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
Forum Member
I thought Cora was brilliant tonight warning Roxy off Max. Ann Mitchell is a force to be reckoned with, hope she gets used a lot more and we get to see her throw her weight around a bit. I love a tough old bird :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm constantly amazed by her. The woman's a total force of life. I think I might actually fancy her. And as a twenty year old guy I find that a little bit disconcerting...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    I'm constantly amazed by her. The woman's a total force of life. I think I might actually fancy her. And as a twenty year old guy I find that a little bit disconcerting...

If you've never seen it before, I'd suggest checking out Lynda la Plante's 'Widows'. It's probably Ann's 'signature' role and she's an absolute force of nature in it. Brilliant!
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ann is awesome in Widows (and even more so in its sequel She's Out).

Whenever I see her in EE, I smile. I know she's going to say or do something unforgettable. She's one of the best.

I met Ann Mitchell, a year or so before she joined EE, and she was lovely. Totally unlike Dolly Rawlins / Cora Cross.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ann is awesome in Widows (and even more so in its sequel She's Out).

Whenever I see her in EE, I smile. I know she's going to say or do something unforgettable. She's one of the best.

I met Ann Mitchell, a year or so before she joined EE, and she was lovely. Totally unlike Dolly Rawlins / Cora Cross.

Don't tell me that, I've always hoped that one day Dolly Rawlins would give me a slap :D
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'd look you straight in the eyes, mutter "I've got your number", and break into a beaming smile that chills the blood.

(If you ask her nicely).

:D
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Giving this a bump. We need to spread the Cora love. :D

Cora's such a fantastic character. She's very wise, and yet hard as nails at the same time. With her consolation of Jean last week and her comforting of Lucy earlier I think the writers are finally tapping into her matriarch potential. Ann is an absolute gem and delivers her performances with such class. Whenever she's on screen I find it hard to look away. I hope she sticks around for a long long time to come and the writers would do well to hang onto this one for as long as they can. They're onto a real winner here. :)
  • Options
    Joanne MAJoanne MA Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the actress who plays Cora at The Barbican Centre last thursday. She was with a group of people, including Jo Joyner and they went to see Paul Heaton perform The 8th.