Options

CanYouRunIt type site for custom built PCs

barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey, so I've been messing around building custom gaming PCs but I don't know how much they would meet the requirement for certain games. Is there a site similar to CanYouRunIt where I could copy the specs of a PC I've built and put it into the site to test how much they meet requirements?

Comments

• Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can build your own spec pc, can't you manage reading specs for games?
  • Options
    barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can build your own spec pc, can't you manage reading specs for games?

No because I'm just picking random specs. I couldn't tell you how good a particular graphics card is for example, I'm hopeless at all this stuff. I just pick what sounds cool and I figure the more expensive something is, the better it must be. But then I would end up paying for more than what I need.

If I look at the specs of a game, I couldn't say "Well the graphics card I have picked here would do the same job if not better than the one recommended". I have no clue.
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The CanYouRunIt site is rubbish, twice it said my specs could run it and after I bought the game there was no way I would deem it as playable.

Best way to check is to google graphics cards. I was a complete novice when it came to PC games a few years ago but after about 10 minutes of googling I worked out which cards were the best and how to interpret the Radeon numbers etc.