Options

If Messi joined Q.P.R. would they stay up?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Yes, really. He hasn't been, for some time, but at his best, definitely.

Fair enough, it's all about opinions, but obviously you should've included Bergkamp, as most Arsenal fans would, I imagine, put him up there with Henry as one of their greatest ever players.
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    naturally a player's peak will be when they played their best football

I didn't say anything about Owen
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough, it's all about opinions, but obviously you should've included Bergkamp, as most Arsenal fans would, I imagine, put him up there with Henry as one of their greatest ever players.

I just went with the first few that came to mind, but yes, Bergkamp was a wonderful player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just went with the first few that came to mind, but yes, Bergkamp was a wonderful player.

And he did very little at Inter Milan.

Sometimes it's a case of being able to do it when you feel comfortable at a particular club. Balotelli could well turn out to be one of the greatest strikers of this era, but he was never going to achieve that at Man City.

There are very few players who could do it anywhere, with any club... even Maradona didn't really click in Spain.

Pele was never tested in Europe, what a shame... could he have enabled Real Madrid or Barcelona to great heights in the run-up to the 1970 World Cup?
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And he did very little at Inter Milan.

Sometimes it's a case of being able to do it when you feel comfortable at a particular club. Balotelli could well turn out to be one of the greatest strikers of this era, but he was never going to achieve that at Man City.

There are very few players who could do it anywhere, with any club... even Maradona didn't really click in Spain.

Pele was never tested in Europe, what a shame... could he have enabled Real Madrid or Barcelona to great heights in the run-up to the 1970 World Cup?

There could well be some truth in that, although there are a few players who have been excellent in more than one league. Cristiano Ronaldo springs immediately to mind.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No...
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You obviously have a very limited knowledge of football if you seriously think any one player could make that much difference over such a short period. They wouldn't win the remaining six games.

I totally agree with you RichmondBlue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would Van Persie keep Mallorca up? Would Ronaldo keep Pescara up?...Would Messi, Xavi and Iniesta keep Ebbsfleet up?
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not at this stage in the season.

If he had been playing since Arry took over....Every chance
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he took Xavi, Iniesta, Villa et al and the Barca pitch with him maybe...
  • Options
    Linda_AndersonLinda_Anderson Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I don't think even he could save QPR now. Even though Messi is a great player it takes more than one player to make a team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Glenn Hoddle initially got frustrated at Swindon because the other players were not good enough to take advantage of his good play.

Having one fantastic player in a basically rubbish team can be more trouble than it's worth and certainly wouldn't keep them up.