Options

Series 5 - Masterchef Australia ...starts 15th Sept.

mooselovermooselover Posts: 159
Forum Member
I know the series ends in Australia this weekend but Watch are listing the new series to start in the UK on September 15th. Only 2 weeks to go!

I liked the show on facebook and now I am having to quickly scroll past any mention of this series on FB so I don't know the result.

Comments

• Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh thank goodness! I'm hating not having season 2 to watch every day at 7 on Really! Even though I've seen it three (or four?) times I love season 2 so much. Masterchef Australia is ace.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh bugger. Apparently it has just (as in, in the last hour or so) finished in Australia, and because I'm an idiot who can't bear to unfollow little Callum on Twitter, I've seen who won...
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how you'll all feel about every week being based around a different theme

Also, will you miss the immunity challenge where they cook off against a pro chef?
  • Options
    bluebottlebluebottle Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how you'll all feel about every week being based around a different theme

Also, will you miss the immunity challenge where they cook off against a pro chef?

Have been looking at Watch 7pm to see when it will return so thank you for this
  • Options
    kaob82kaob82 Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Yay thank you!
  • Options
    bluebottlebluebottle Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mooselover wrote: »
    I know the series ends in Australia this weekend but Watch are listing the new series to start in the UK on September 15th. Only 2 weeks to go!

I liked the show on facebook and now I am having to quickly scroll past any mention of this series on FB so I don't know the result.

Thank you thank you thank you I scour the tv mag every week looking on Watch for it starting I will tell the family who all look forward to it
  • Options
    zippy00zippy00 Posts: 112
    Forum Member

I'm really looking forward to it too :)

I don't mind if the pro chefs bits have gone, the contestants won so infrequently. I always skipped the master classes too, are they still in?
  • Options
    susziesuszie Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Really are repeating series 2 of Junior Masterchef tomorrow at 6pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suszie wrote: »
    Really are repeating series 2 of Junior Masterchef tomorrow at 6pm.

The Australian one? OOOOH! I loved that so much, it was just lovely. LOVELY.

Re the Masterclasses in the Oz version, I used to skip them, but at the series goes on and the groups are small, they can be really good, and very entertaining too. I like them. The chef immunity challenges were my least favourite bits though, as you say, they're the least likely to be successful for the contestants.

I really like elimination tasks where there are lots of different parts to the test - say a taste test and a skills test and a something else...
  • Options
    katokato Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    How come the US version is never shown?

I know its a bit over dramatized, but must be better than repeats of previous series.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news...and starts on my birthday!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zippy00 wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to it too :)

I don't mind if the pro chefs bits have gone, the contestants won so infrequently. I always skipped the master classes too, are they still in?

Yes, the master classes are still in there but this time they are in front of an audience of masterchef fans
  • Options
    mooselovermooselover Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Sky box programmed and ready to go for Sunday.
  • Options
    OxfordGirlOxfordGirl Posts: 3,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this to start
    I have always known the winner before so am doing my best not to google it this time
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Starts tonight, time for a bump!
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hadn't realised this. Thanks guys.:)
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Thank You for finding this one of my favourite programmes, puts our Masterchef to shame. This is the best of them all, love the master classes :)
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    mooselover wrote: »

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank You for finding this one of my favourite programmes, puts our Masterchef to shame. This is the best of them all, love the master classes :)

I wonder if you'll love the revamped masterclasses in this series?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoa! Straight to the named credits? That disappoints me straight off - I always love the run of auditions leading up the discovery of the top 20 and 'their' credits. Awww. Oh well.
  • Options
    DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, Masterchef AUS is back! Love it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My initial reactions to the contestants is that they seem very aggressive and unlikeable to start with, but I suppose that's because the way it's all being set up is very competitive and making them into two lots of adversarial teams, rather than the usual everyone-together collaborative style where everyone is very supportive and nice to each other. It's interesting...

Initial reaction is that I do not like the cinema guy who is all glarey and testosteroney, and the guy who grinned about having eaten the beating heart of a cobra was a bit off-putting.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    My initial reactions to the contestants is that they seem very aggressive and unlikeable to start with, but I suppose that's because the way it's all being set up is very competitive and making them into two lots of adversarial teams, rather than the usual everyone-together collaborative style where everyone is very supportive and nice to each other. It's interesting...

Yes, slightly OTT and hyper and shouty. Hope it calms down a bit and it's an "episode 1" thing.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    I think they all need to calm down a little bit, they are all teeny weeny bit excited!
  • Options
    Mer~maidMer~maid Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    All the whooping and hollering is vv annoying. 1st time I've been irritated by MCA. They all need to chill out!