Sick kids/school run?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Oh, for Heaven's Sake - they'll be outdoors!!! Kids are more likely to pick things up inside the school not in the playground for a few minutes.

So your suggestion would be to keep a healthy child off school, to prevent the sick one from going in the school playground and (potentially, very potentially) infecting others. Why should the healthy chld miss school because of a sick sibling? [can't find the rolleyes smiley]

Um. No my suggestion was to keep the ill child in the car- see above. I was merely responding to someone else who said they might face oentalties if the non ill child was kept off. So before you throw rolly eye smileys (so glad they've gone, perhaps it'll mean people will actually have to think about an answer rather then use them-although that's apparently failed in your case) perhaps you should read what I put and not make yourself look silly.

Yes I am aware that the chances of a bug being passed via playground interaction is less, but it's still there and if it's something like noro then I'd not want anyone taking a chance with my children.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    Um. No my suggestion was to keep the ill child in the car- see above. I was merely responding to someone else who said they might face oentalties if the non ill child was kept off. So before you throw rolly eye smileys (so glad they've gone, perhaps it'll mean people will actually have to think about an answer rather then use them-although that's apparently failed in your case) perhaps you should read what I put and not make yourself look silly.

Yes I am aware that the chances of a bug being passed via playground interaction is less, but it's still there and if it's something like noro then I'd not want anyone taking a chance with my children.

I'm not the one looking silly. You did say you would keep the healthy child off sick (BIB below)
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    Why do Ds fms feel the need to question/critique everything. It's none of your business why fp drives 20 mins to school (and as for catchments, who said it was a state school?)

Personally I keep my son in the car, my daughter on the other hand is a demon so I usually park on the drive and cal the office asking them to send my son out, he's a lovely, well behaved boy who won't run out and not look - but I know some kids are too young, too dreamy etc to be trusted to do that! It also helps that they go to a small village school where I can park easily.

In your situation I'd say you either need to get there early and park right outside just nipping in and leavin him for five mins, or call them both in sick, other option could be a taxi for your daughter, depending on how old she is?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I'm not the one looking silly. You did say you would keep the healthy child off sick (BIB below)

Please read the thread, I said what I would (and DO) do and the op said she couldn't leave him in the car, so I said (and it's there in the quote you kindly provided) in her case there were x options, one of which was calling the healthy child in sick. I didn't say it was my first choice nor did is ya it's something I do, I have done it once as per my example, but hat was on advice from the school.

So please......try again....
  • Jonny BullockJonny Bullock Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    A couple of days ago I was served by someone with a bad cough. I felt like telling her to stop spluttering all over me but I knew that would be bad manners. As a result I have woken up with a sore throat today! >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our daughters school closed the entire school a few weeks ago to create a long weekend due to a few of the children having caught a sick bug in school from others etc.

Funny how the school can justify sending or keeping healthy children home and keeping them off school when they take the decision, yet a parent who knows better due to a sick brother or sister can get letters about a child's, both the ill and the well one, attendance when they do it for the exact same reasons.

Also our daughters school has a policy of telling parents to keep ill children off for 24 hours after they they stopped showing symptoms of being ill to ensure they don't spread it to the more healthy children. So wouldn't that partly justify perhaps keeping a healthy brother or sister of an ill child off that lives in close contact if there in an increased risk of spreading a serious bug if that is pretty much a schools policy to close an entire school if multipule cases of illness are spotted in 2 or more classrooms?.