Having to manually configure consoles

barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A few weeks ago my Wii U was no longer connecting to the internet. I had to manually configure the connection settings to get it to work. A few days ago my PS3 did the same thing, and after hours of trying different IP, primary and secondary DNS addresses, I finally managed to get that to connect as well. Then last night I went to play my Xbox 360, and again it wouldn't connect to the internet and I had to manually input the IP address and DNS address to get it to work.

I'm not sure why this happened but it seems weird to me that it happened to all three consoles but not all at the same time. I'm no expert on these things so I was wondering is this a problem with my router? I have the BT Home Hub 4. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Mr DosMr Dos Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use xbox etc but I'd imagine they should get their IPs from the router via DHCP. You could try logging in to the router and checking DHCP is enabled. I'm using HH2 and I get to the router advanced settings using 192.168.1.254 and entering the password on the plastic BT card. My DHCP page looks like this

http://s28.postimg.org/sbwfvwtb1/hh2.jpg

HTH