Options

Mobile phone with wifi

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
Forum Member
I would like to get a new phone and would want it to have wifi with it. Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations. Preferably something quite new and with a large enough screen and that would last untill the iphone comes out.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nokia N95 is compact, yet has a large screen, and Wifi , and more toys than any other phone on the market too.
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Isn't the wi-fi disabled by Voda & Orange?
  • Options
    dazpotdazpot Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    the Nokia N95 is amazing I use the wifi all the time and it's a amazing phone the best Iv ever had.

Daz
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member

No :S the VOIP stuff is but you can just change your phones product code and install the latest nokia firmware to unlock it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    P990i isn't too bad either. Similar to the iphone with the touchscreen. But cheaper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazpot wrote: »
    the Nokia N95 is amazing I use the wifi all the time and it's a amazing phone the best Iv ever had.

Daz

Agreed.

Definitely the best i've had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, that's some of the VoIP stuff.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazzacam wrote: »
    I would like to get a new phone and would want it to have wifi with it. Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations. Preferably something quite new and with a large enough screen and that would last untill the iphone comes out.

Thanks

I am using an E65, it's free on most networks, keys are large for text and email. On Three, £5 per month gets unlimited internet access. Screen might not be as big as you want, but it might do until your iphone comes out.
  • Options
    towgtowg Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    The N95 is best for wi-fi-ng. Its fun to go walkabout and use other peoples connections.

My local pub has realised the demand and have set up a chargeable subscription service for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    towg wrote: »
    The N95 is best for wi-fi-ng. Its fun to go walkabout and use other peoples connections.

My local pub has realised the demand and have set up a chargeable subscription service for it.

Wi-Fi Zone - The Cloud?

If so, these are built into all ITBox machines and costs £6 an hour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Telly_Man wrote: »
    Wi-Fi Zone - The Cloud?

If so, these are built into all ITBox machines and costs £6 an hour.

Yes thats it! I thought it was named after my local - its called "The Claude" see.

Whats an ITBox?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    towg wrote: »
    Yes thats it! I thought it was named after my local - its called "The Claude" see.

Whats an ITBox?

Most pubs have them now.

It's usually one of these : http://www.elogaming.com/images/whyelo/itbox_large.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Telly_Man wrote: »
    Most pubs have them now.

It's usually one of these : http://www.elogaming.com/images/whyelo/itbox_large.jpg

Yes I have noticed one of those in there. Cheers for the info mate!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E90 is a great phone, Can't get a better screen, and has everything that N95 has.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Hi was looking around and the HTC touch caught my eye, just wondered if anyone new much about it?
  • Options
    Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    didnt know about the 'Wi-Fi Zone - The Cloud' i can pick one up near mine and there is a put just around the corner. So thats what it is! Thanks :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam D wrote: »
    didnt know about the 'Wi-Fi Zone - The Cloud' i can pick one up near mine and there is a put just around the corner. So thats what it is! Thanks :)

Indeed, a lot of places are getting them now.
  • Options
    mrvgargmrvgarg Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samsung SGH I600.