Options

Nfl 2015/16

Comments

• Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really a fan but as a rugby league fan have tried to keep tabs on Jarryd hayne.

He seems to really impressed. Pretty amazing for a guy new to the sport to make the final squad for the season.
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nfl.com analysts give their predictions:
    Judy Battista: Packers over Colts. Who cares about shaky defenses? Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck let it rip in a classic shootout, with Rodgers refusing to hand the baton of greatest active quarterback to Luck just yet.

Jeffri Chadiha: Colts over Seahawks. The Seahawks aren't as strong as they've been in the past, even with Jimmy Graham in the fold. Andrew Luck has too many weapons to be stopped in this contest.

Brian Billick: Ravens over Seahawks. John Harbaugh has more wins in his seven years as a head coach than anyone in that same span not named Bill Belichick -- and he will out-coach Pete Carroll in another heartbreaking last-second loss for the Seahawks.

Michael Silver: Packers over Colts. Cal > Stanford. That is all.

Colleen Wolfe: Colts over Packers. Quarterbackpalooza. Set your DVRs for all the quarterback goodness in this game. Aaron Rodgers plays well; Andrew Luck plays better. Indy wins it all and Luck captures his first title.

Steve Wyche: Seahawks over Steelers. The Legion of Boom will be unlike any secondary this great offense has had to deal with -- and Niners fans have to watch the Seahawks celebrate on their home field. Ouch.

Gil Brandt: Packers over Patriots. Aaron Rodgers shows why he's the best quarterback in the NFL in what should be a high-scoring game.

Adam Schein: Packers over Colts. A classic Super Bowl gets a vintage result. Aaron Rodgers beats Andrew Luck in a shootout!

Charley Casserly: Eagles over Colts. Chip Kelly's Sam Bradford gamble pays off in the form of a Super Bowl title, and Bradford cashes in as a free agent.

Elliot Harrison: Packers over Colts. Aaron Rodgers takes home his second Super Bowl MVP trophy, though Eddie Lacy is the key to Super Bowl 50. Indy's so-so run defense catches up to it against a talented offensive line, and Green Bay wins its fifth title.

Marc Sessler: Eagles over Colts. Indy's less-than-stellar defense won't have the men to slow Chip Kelly's offense. This game won't be close.

Dave Dameshek: Seahawks over Chiefs. Former AFC West rivals reunite on the world stage, where the 'Hawks make like Dave Krieg eluding Derrick Thomas and slip past Andy Reid's gang.

Bucky Brooks: Seahawks over Colts. The Seahawks pummel Andrew Luck and Co. behind an impressive effort from the Legion of Boom. Sticky coverage from Richard Sherman and Cary Williams allows the defensive line to beat up Luck in the pocket. With the spectacular passer unable to find his rhythm, the Colts fall apart in the second half.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000521865/article/super-bowl-50-predictions-packers-colts-among-picks

Which means the Patriots will probably win it.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    i'm shocked there are 2 pundits who think the eagles are genuine superbowl contenders

kelly has made a few pretty high risk moves imo , if they all come off then maybe but would need alot of things to go right for them
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the pundits on NFL network picked the Colts to win the Superbowl
  • Options
    KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

Pretty fashionable pick. They got the the AFC Championship game, under Luck they've progressed each year and they've now added Johnson and Gore. That should get them ahead in games meaning teams will be more inclined to throw on them than run at that shocking run D. I drafted Luck and Johnson in my fantasy team so hoping to ride them to glory.
  • Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure if this has already been posted

Got an email just now from NFL.com with this info:

The BBC and NFL have agreed a new two-year rights deal to include live coverage of all three International Series game at Wembley as well as Super Bowl 50.
    The new deal also includes a weekly highlights show on BBC Two and online, ‘The Road to the Super Bowl’, which will run from the final Wembley game at the start of November until the climax of the season in February.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heh at the coaches radios bleeding into the other teams coaches radios. I'm sure this was an accident and not the Patriots taking the piss. ;-)
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice solid win to open the season, Brady with an easy 4TD 0INT game. Good to see opposition coaches in midseason excuse making form already.
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pats are the team to beat this year.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    D needs to step it up big time, just not good enough right now and it'll be our main worry this season. Can't have any complaint about Williams performance though, great fill in performance with Bell out.
  • Options
    KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    Pats are the team to beat this year.

Well obviously as the superbowl champs they have to start as favourites but their secondary is a shadow of last year and the Steelers had one of their best players missing. Playoffs for sure and they'll get in a rhythm as their division is so weak but I think 10-6 is more likely that 12-4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think the Pats defense played that well, they gave Roethlisberger ages with the ball at times. Lucky for them the Steelers were a bit of a shambles, missing field goals, failing to score a touchdown from the one yard line etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dont think we can read too much into last night

the pats would be well fired up for the game after all the drama of the off-season
  • Options
    BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    noob question but why is the table not updated.
    gonna try and watch NFL this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »

what table bhav ?

not sure i understand the question
  • Options
    Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure what you mean by the table, but get involved with nfl! I decided to start following properly 3 seasons ago, I love it!
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Nate Silver the Washington Redskins are not going to win the Superbowl and will be worse than last season.

Shows you what he knows about predicting.

It is still at the point of the season when I can believe we can become a good team again. Why does he have to use facts to tell me that we will be shit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    According to Nate Silver the Washington Redskins are not going to win the Superbowl and will be worse than last season.

Shows you what he knows about predicting.

It is still at the point of the season when I can believe we can become a good team again. Why does he have to use facts to tell me that we will be shit?

i quite like this site for american sports and this guy did a series of articles covering all the divisions and trying to find reasons for fans of each team to be positive about the upcoming season

if nothing else his comments on the redskins might give you a chuckle at least

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/147144838/nfl-preseason-preview-happy-list-nfc-east
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    i quite like this site for american sports and this guy did a series of articles covering all the divisions and trying to find reasons for fans of each team to be positive about the upcoming season

if nothing else his comments on the redskins might give you a chuckle at least

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/147144838/nfl-preseason-preview-happy-list-nfc-east

I'd be happy just to beat Cowboys and screw their season up.
  • Options
    BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    Didn't the season start on thursday evening with Patriots winning.
    http://www.skysports.com/nfl/standings
    but it doesn't show here yet.
  • Options
    pubeypubey Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Packers v Bears is on Pick TV tomorrow night.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's just Sky being a bit tardy on updating their page.

Other providers of standings are available ;-)

http://www.nfl.com/standings
  • Options
    Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here a good website for you if your into stats on each team player coach history of NFL standings all time ect. I find it invaluable:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com
  • Options
    culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

Not surprised noone picked my team The Broncos. Hope I'm wrong but I fear a final ignominious season for Manning: Mid season implosion, followed by the bench, followed by imminent retirement. He was pretty dreadful for much of the second half of last season and I can't see him turning things around at his age.
  • Options
    MatthartlaneMatthartlane Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be worse, you could be a raiders fan!.. Still I fully expect to have a better season this year!.. Well it can't get any worse than last season!..