£5 free downloads on 3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
Forum Member
Im a bit confused, on my contract with 3 i get £5 worth of downloads or whatever, but what exactly can i use it for and what can i not?

Hope someone can help
Cheers

Comments

• Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £5 of free downloads every month to spend on what you want from music videos, music tracks, games, TV, ringtunes and all our videos. Excludes certain shortcode services and email
    is what the web-site says. It's automatically deducted from your credit so keep an eye on 'My3' to see if it was included.
  • neo6776neo6776 Posts: 9,533
    Forum Member
    I use my £5 free download credit to download a new game every month :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    3 seem to have some good deals lately. I might join them in the new year.
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3's deals will be changing shortly as they are trying to stop cashback deals which have been causing them a lot of anguish as some dealers make them very difficult to redeem and this results in huge numbers of complaints.

There will be new 3 tariffs in the next few weeks because T-Mobile's Flext, 02's 750/750 deal, Orange's Animals and Vodafone's build your own + Stop the Clock & Family packages now offer the same or better terms at the £30 - £40 a month price point. Orange already include free broadband with contracts over £30 a month and it is expected that Vodafone and 02 will also introduce broadband benefits for contact customers.

Looking around T-Mobile seem to have the most attractive deals although ther handset range is a bit limited in terms of 3G. Web'N'Walk is a brilliant add-on and Web'N'Walk Professional makes using your handset as a modem really affordable.

It will be interesting to see what new deals 3 offer to compete. It looks like all of the networks are now taking back control of their customer base by offering their most attractive deals direct through their own shops and websites. Always a good idea to check out the direct deals when making comparisons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    the text direct 1400 was the best contract out there i tought, and three offered you loads more for my money than any other network.

When looking round planet 3 everything which has a price does that come off the £5 they give you?
  • Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Just keep an eye on your 'My3' page, but I can't think of anything 3 offer themselves that is not included in the £5 credit.