Alan Sugar makes the WRONG decision yet again

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
Forum Member
He really does get rid of the wrong people.

Yes, there was a massive mistake with the costings, but as a project manager Paula was very good. The team worked well together, and made a far better product than the other team.

I'd say it was Yasmina who lead Paula into the ultimate mistake over fragrance costings, but Ben also played the part and his nasty streak is overwhelming.

Comments

• gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Quelle Surprise, another decision made for entertainment purposes. Am fed up of this.
  • LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By rights it should have been the pm of the other team, but out of these three, it should have been Ben.
  • lilhunni_Jolilhunni_Jo Posts: 13,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she really deserved to stay.

Wanted Ben to go, he does my head in and just comes across as really nasty.
  • superboysuperboy Posts: 4,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think he made the right decision, although it was a very tough decision over those 3. Yasmina previously performed brilliantly as a project manager, and so deserved another chance to prove it wasn't a fluke, hence siralun saying next time she had to be project manager. Ben well technically the erorr wasn't his fault, and although Paula was a good project manager ultimately the blame lied with her, especially because the other two didn't do any worse then she did. When all 3 did equally bad..project manager has to go
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Siralan changes his "What I Am Looking For" manifesto week to week. Remember Michael "I'm A Good Jewish Boy" Sophocles? There was never any clear reason given by Siralan why THAT moron was saved three times over.

All the likeable people are slowly going to get fired until we're left with the loathsome thugs & idiots. It's like a reverse version of Big Brother.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly felt Paula was a better candidate than either Yasmina or Ben. Yasmina may have won her task but she was lucky that week and has made other mistakes in other weeks.

Ben, no one could work with him lets be honest!
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I liked Paula, the team was better managed, the products were better, more sold etc, that one mistake was crucial and there is no doubt whoever was responsible for it had to go. Even though he's an irritating obnoxious tit, Ben had nothing to do with that mistake, so therefore it was between Yasmina and Paula. Yasmina had proved herself competent to SA before, Paula hadn't - therefore I don't think he had much choice. But then again, if he was going over past history and not just this task then he should have taken Ben's into consideration too, together with his inappropriate aggressive behaviour in the boardroom.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God that Ben is absolutely vile. I really hope he gets fired over a massive blunder that he just simply cant blame on anyone else - oh and next week preferably. He is seriously vile. :mad:

I liked Paula, and I think she should have stayed on this occasion - ok her mistake was huge, but they almost managed to salvage it which was pretty commendable. I dont think it really matters that Ben stayed though because I dont think either of them had a hope in hell in the long run. Ben's just around for entertainment value now - there is no way that Sir Alan woud hire him the way he's been talking to the others in the boardroom - theres a differece between being forceful and downright nasty in the boardroom, guess what bit he is in.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and also, even though Paula made the fatal mistake, Ben was there and did nothing to help. Perhaps if he had contributed more, they would have spotted the error, and then won.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Ben makes me shudder... creeepppyyy!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,285
    Forum Member
    Digivate wrote: »
    He really does get rid of the wrong people.

Yes, there was a massive mistake with the costings, but as a project manager Paula was very good. The team worked well together, and made a far better product than the other team.

I'd say it was Yasmina who lead Paula into the ultimate mistake over fragrance costings, but Ben also played the part and his nasty streak is overwhelming.

Yasmina did lead Paula into making the huge mistake over the cost of sandalwood. Even I could see it was Yamsina.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Siannah wrote: »
    Yasmina did lead Paula into making the huge mistake over the cost of sandalwood. Even I could see it was Yamsina.

I know, just like last week when Ben totally ignored James telling him to 'keep the product simple,' and then James didn't say it in the boardroom.

Why are these people not bringing these points up to save themselves?:confused:
    Forum Member
    MichBOT ! wrote: »
    That Ben makes me shudder... creeepppyyy!!!

I agree.

Also, Ben acts like a spoilt, Mummy's boy whose spiteful and arrogant. I wish I was Paula sat near him. I would have wacked him right across that horrible gob of his.

He comes across as evil too.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he made the wrong decision. Paula came up with a good product and motivated her team to sell well. She had loads of potential in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    I know, just like last week when Ben totally ignored James telling him to 'keep the product simple,' and then James didn't say it in the boardroom.

Why are these people not bringing these points up to save themselves?:confused:

Ben has a horrible way of shouting people down in the boardroom. Maybe Paula had something further to say, but Ben kept telling her to 'shut the fcuk up' in so many words. He may as well have by the way he was giving her the evils.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I wanted Ben to be fired. I find him VERY irritating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Paula and Yasmina's mistake that cost them the task, but they both clearly have so much more potential than that unlikable twerp that it should've been Ben who got fired.
  • JamiewillsJamiewills Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Definitely the wrong decision. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I thought it was the right decision tbh, she was in charge, and could have taken control or checked the costs but chose not to and fgs "I'll put costs down as a fiver it's not going to be much more than that" What the...?! Y
    asmina has a lot of potential and to be fair on him though he's an arrogant little sh*te I think Ben has some potential too.
  • EsqualitaEsqualita Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally wrong decision. Maybe it's the mechanics of the show, but how could Paula be fired over Noural...

But Yasmina should have gone, and Be should have been shot in his sleep.
  • MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member
    I'm not surprised. It's become more apparent since Series 4, or 3 even, that SA really cares about keeping his flagship show afloat nowadays and is no longer about watching a group of people picked on the basis of experience fighting off against each other over a job. Now, they seem to be based over who can shout the loudest or who can repulse the most, and he seems to assume that this is entertaining. It's not. It's irrating, annoying and quite boring. He's now keeping people in for the wrong reasons, and last year's final 4 proved how low he stooped.
  • GratingCheeseGratingCheese Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben never followed the orders given to him to help with costings and it was Yasmina who initiated the oil mix up. Funny that on her task she was maticulous about cost.

It's all a bit of a stitch up if you ask me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh I hate it when this happens. Firstly the more organised team with better product loses and then the wrong person gets fired!

Cannot wait to see the back of Ben. What an annoying little boy.

Thought Paula did really well tonight and she seems lovely. Real shame that she wasn't given another chance. I always feel Sir Alan lets men off with more mistakes :mad:
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    The apprentice is an entertainment show - Fair enough

I would have thought that they would at least stick to the initial concept of the thing though, which was to find the most able and deserving candidate for the job....

Now it seems as if idiots like Ben and Michael Sophocles get automatic free passes, based purely on entertainment 'value', and what the producers 'think' the public want to see....

It started with Paul in series one (who was actually pretty funny) and continued with Siad from series two, to the point where it seems as if the main village idiot is purposely hand picked, with a free pass to the later stages, to talk rubbish and rub people up the wrong way....

Seriously, who would want to work with somebody like Ben?

The chick who got fired seemed like a pretty nice girl, who did a good job, who also got crucified for one error...Obviously she wasn't generically 'entertaining' enough to remain on the show, which is bad luck for her....

Still though, it doesn't really bother me, as its just light entertainment, but realism and credibility gets lost with some of the decisions, like the one we saw tonight...

The show is on its way to becoming another X-Factor e.g A strongly manipulated, fully scripted, farce....

I will be tuning in next week though - Gotta love it :cool::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben never followed the orders given to him to help with costings and it was Yasmina who initiated the oil mix up. Funny that on her task she was maticulous about cost.

It's all a bit of a stitch up if you ask me.

It looks like that to me also. Ben not only didnt follow orders given to him with costings, he didnt even want to get involved with the ingredients of the product stating that it was for women. He obviously doesnt wear aftershave or deodorant or shaving cream:confused: