Susan Boyle RIver Deep Mountain High

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
Susan Boyle sings River Deep, Mountain High on her 1st British tour, there's a possibility this could be recorded and released as a single in the UK. This is according to her manager. But wont be released in the US, their charts Radio air time and streaming goes before sales and she isn't big in any of those areas. + physical CD singles are almost dead there.
He did say the albums that are on sale at venues during the tour won't be reported to soundscan, so wont enter the UK charts with these sales.

Comments

• sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    She's one of so-many US radio will not support, so there's nothing new there. Releasing a single will indeed flop if was released.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's one of so-many US radio will not support, so there's nothing new there. Releasing a single will indeed flop if was released.

She's no Tina Turner.
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless she's morphed into a rock singer this will sound disastrous. Some songs can't be turned into opera-lite.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohglobbits wrote: »
    Unless she's morphed into a rock singer this will sound disastrous. Some songs can't be turned into opera-lite.

agreed.

phil spectres arguably finest moment is when he produced ike and tina turners version. that was the definitive version, i cannot see how it can be matched let alone bettered.
    Forum Member
    There is a bootleg out there and it's karaoke, and some of her fans thinks this would be #1 on the charts

NOT, NO, wont happen.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohglobbits wrote: »

I can imagine her slowly swaying from side to side and clicking her fingers to it after having been told to go and 'rock it out'.:D
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She murdered Wild Horses as far as I'm concerned...so this is no surprise :(
  • NScotNScot Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    She wont get airplay with that song or any other song in America, a deal would work but only for the day and the days after would be all negative updates. Would be a total waste of money.

Her video's don't get many streams and Billboard only count US streams, and that's out of the window for her.

In all, would be a waste of time releasing a single or it would go flopney.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does she only do covers?
  • twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NScot wrote: »
    She wont get airplay with that song or any other song in America, a deal would work but only for the day and the days after would be all negative updates. Would be a total waste of money.

Her video's don't get many streams and Billboard only count US streams, and that's out of the window for her.

In all, would be a waste of time releasing a single or it would go flopney.

Why does this thread even exist? Her manager said it won't be released in the US and only possibly in the UK. It's used as a change of tempo in the show.

Nobody knows better than Susan Boyle and her people that, for all the reasons mentioned, she's an album seller not a single seller. And 5 years since her debut, according to the IFPI, she was still in the top 5 UK album sellers WW in 2013. I don't think the Boyle team spends much time agonizing about releasing singles.
    Forum Member
    LOL

She's not in the top 5 By UK artists in 2013.

Adele
    Robbie
    David Bowie
    Emeli Sande
    1D
    Garry Barlow
    Arctic Monkeys

All of these sold more than her last year world wide.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    I can't get my head round the concept. It would be as if, say, someone like Mariah Carey were to do a version of "Without You".
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get my head round the concept. It would be as if, say, someone like Mariah Carey were to do a version of "Without You".

:D:D:D:D:D
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    Why does she only do covers?

Because she cant write her own songs and I suppose her voice is not very poppy so Simon Cowell's song writers probably find it hard to write for her but can easily write songs for One Direction and such like.

I don't think I have ever sat down and listened to a complete Susan Boyle song. She has an OK voice but so do many other female artists who actually write their own material and don't do covers.
  • NScotNScot Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    LOL

She's not in the top 5 By UK artists in 2013.

Adele
    Robbie
    David Bowie
    Emeli Sande
    1D
    Garry Barlow
    Arctic Monkeys

All of these sold more than her last year world wide.
    Didn't make the top10 never mind top5. Add Elie Goulding and Mumford & Sons and Rod Stewart.
    Those are the top10 with your list.
    SuBo was the 4th biggest selling UK female of 2013.for world sales.