International Cricket 2014

Comments

• BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    saha didn't contribute a lot , I do wonder whether under dhoni's captaincy if india would have been quite as aggressive in chasing the win on the last day tho

India were quite aggressive in Wellington when chasing 400 something.
    Although India wouldn't be quite aggressive with the ball although under dhoni India wouldn't concede 4+ in the game.
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    and all being done to keep a guy averaging 24 in the side >:(

Makes it all more silly considering Downton is planning for the 2019 world cup.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/11295766/Alastair-Cook-is-natural-leader-of-England-as-managing-director-backs-captain-to-score-World-Cup-ton.html
    "The fact is that we’ve not taken one-day cricket as seriously as other nations. It’s always the period where we rest cricketers, and that clearly has to change going forward. In terms of the two series we’ve had so far [against Sri Lanka, home and away], firstly the whole of English cricket was being traumatised by what had gone on in Australia and the subsequent fall-out of Andy Flower going and of Kevin’s decision [sic] et cetera. We were trying to find our feet. As it is, we played pretty well on a couple of occasions and lost the series 3-2.
    "Against India, we’d just come back from playing terrific cricket in Test matches and in a way didn’t adjust and got caught cold. But at least by Headingley we showed that actually we can play one-day cricket. And again on this trip we’ve lost another series, but actually I think the positives far outweigh the negatives, particularly given that in the end, what is this about? It’s about getting the best 15 to go to Australia and win the World Cup for England.
    "We have to produce a side that certainly by 2019 will go to that World Cup as favourites, or one of the favourites at least, and I think it will happen by [the Champions Trophy of] 2017 when you look at the group of young players we’ve got now.
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed that as it's the last game of the tour, that there isn't a reserve day so if it rains, England can't carry on tomorrow

cant see us getting 303 to win
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Ali's already out. OOPS
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'not taken one-day cricket as seriously ' is a bit of an understatement.
    Withdrawing players from important one day county cup matches kills so much media coverage for counties.

Early days yet, 300 is gettable, though maybe not by an England side.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cook out

51-3 after 13 overs.......under 4 an over so far

300 is looking unlikely......:o
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Don't a minimum of 20 overs have to be played to get a result if it rains? england might need the rain very quickly indeed as there's another gone
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    looks like we are finishing the tour in a blaze of glory
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    Not sure how you can call them retards, when the facts back them up. India do struggle to win away from home. They cracked under the pressure in the last 20 odd overs in this match. The retards are the ones that insist that India can win away from home, when clearly they cant.

When they start to win on a regular basis away from home, then maybe people will change their tune. Until then they wont, nor should they.

India do not tour well even in England
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Cook out

51-3 after 13 overs.......under 4 an over so far

300 is looking unlikely......:o

So is 200
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be possible for the ECB to inform the ICC that England no longer want to participate in ODI series or tournaments?

What a shameful bunch of under-performing players. Surely Morgan should be dropped from the team now?
    Forum Member
    Would it be possible for the ECB to inform the ICC that England no longer want to participate in ODI series or tournaments?

What a shameful bunch of under-performing players. Surely Morgan should be dropped from the team now?

Yeah. It's a bit of a joke we seem to win 1 game in every series and that is it.
    Forum Member
    So we tried cook and Ali to open and hales to x one in at 3. Why try something you are not going to do ever and more importantly with cook in the side under performing every game. Just drop him.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    So we tried cook and Ali to open and hales to x one in at 3. Why try something you are not going to do ever and more importantly with cook in the side under performing every game. Just drop him.

Cook will never be dropped. Clearly he is in possession of a sex tape featuring senior figures at the ECB
    Forum Member
    Cook will never be dropped. Clearly he is in possession of a sex tape featuring senior figures at the ECB

with the unconditional support and superlatives they throw in his direction he must have been a participant
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like we are finishing the tour in a blaze of GORY

I ran a spell checker on it.
    :eek:

Good effort from Root though. He's the man.
    Forum Member
    I think whats annoyed me most about this tour , the cook situation notwithstanding, is just how muddled our selection has looked

we look farther away from knowing the best XI for feb 14th now than we were before the tour started
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)Mahela's on trying to get the tenth wicket in his last game at Colombo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    :)Mahela's on trying to get the tenth wicket in his last game at Colombo

and right on cue, he gets Tredwell stumped by his old buddy Sanga:)
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think whats annoyed me most about this tour , the cook situation notwithstanding, is just how muddled our selection has looked

we look farther away from knowing the best XI for feb 14th now than we were before the tour started

I agree

what surprised me was Cook's ODI average in Australia

The way tptb have been supporting him saying the conditions will suit him

I assumed his average would be 45-50 but it's less than 30 in 5 games with a HS of 44

With him and Morgan continually under-performing, we aren't going to beat an average team let alone a good one

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/11728.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=2;opposition=2;template=results;type=allround
    Forum Member
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    I agree

what surprised me was Cook's ODI average in Australia

The way tptb have been supporting him saying the conditions will suit him

I assumed his average would be 45-50 but it's less than 30 in 5 games with a HS of 44

With him and Morgan continually under-performing, we aren't going to beat an average team let alone a good one

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/11728.html?class=2;home_or_away=2;host=2;opposition=2;template=results;type=allround

morgan, and hales, fly straight out to Australia now for the big bash so gotta hope they can both find some form in the same conditions we will see in the world cup
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about it, they could have had an original big clearout, KP included but what did they do, they simply went with a blame culture sacrificial offering of KP.

Thankfully, KP isn't even in good enough form to come back.
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Thinking about it, they could have had an original big clearout, KP included but what did they do, they simply went with a blame culture sacrificial offering of KP.

Thankfully, KP isn't even in good enough form to come back.

cant really say what sort of form he would have been in if he hadn't been discarded by England and ended up playing hardly any cricket this year

regardless of the reasons why, we have ended up having to replace 2 guys who were probably set in stone for the world cup XI a year ago , and with other players hopelessly out of form we just don't have any alternatives that have been given any games
    Forum Member
    good night for india overnight

the Australian physio must be one of the busiest people in sport atm
    Forum Member
    a masterclass from amla and abdv today
This discussion has been closed.