Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought there was more to this
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15786944

So did I, but why after all this time? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be one of those Cold case things -- someones come forward with new info.
  • littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geneve wrote: »
    It will be one of those Cold case things -- someones come forward with new info.
    Like in Cold Case, the late in life culprit or witness decides to come clean.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    According to the police they now have new information regarding what happened.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    It was all very strange. Natalie Wood was terrified of water, had been her whole life. So why would she have tried to get into a dinghy in the middle of the night in her night clothes?
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie made some excellent films. I hope the police get to to the truth. The reports seem to be implying that Robert Wagner was involved because they argued.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will be interesting to see what develops from this. The 'official' story never made sense.
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    Wagners family statement is interesting its like they are trying to discredit the information before its even been made public.
  • oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought it was very strange how those who were on the boat with her that night have got away with refusing point blank to ever discuss it. Even by the standards to which celebrities are protected, you'd have thought SOMETHING would have come out by now.

I'm glad the case is being looked at again. Hopefully justice will be done one day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wagner family may have a point. Its the captain of the boat who has come froward with this new information - coincidentally at a time when he has written a book on the matter. The cynic would say he is trying to get publicity and make money from the story otherwise why pick this time to remember something new!!!
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christopher Walken did it - Only kidding lol!
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose being interested in this thread proves non of us will see 40 again? ;):D Though I wouldn't be surprised if people on here remember the Johnny Stompanato murder :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxy23 wrote: »
    Christopher Walken did it - Only kidding lol!

It's true he did!! Then he did his Weapon Of Choice crazy
    dance in celebration:)
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    waz101 wrote: »
    I suppose being interested in this thread proves non of us will see 40 again? ;):D Though I wouldn't be surprised if people on here remember the Johnny Stompanato murder :D

lol Im 27 but my Mum remains a huge Natalie Wood fan & my Grandma.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NIKKID wrote: »
    The Wagner family may have a point. Its the captain of the boat who has come froward with this new information - coincidentally at a time when he has written a book on the matter. The cynic would say he is trying to get publicity and make money from the story otherwise why pick this time to remember something new!!!

I wasn't aware about the captain writing a book. That sours the news of the case being re-opened.

However, I'm not sure I can ever believe Natalie's death was an innocent accident. As others have said - she was afraid of water, yet tries to get into a dinghy in her nightclothes? Even if drunk, it makes no sesne.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, how interesting. One of those long-running Hollywood mysteries that you thought would stay a mystery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm 28, but I love classic cinema and musicals. West Side Story is one of my favourite films.

I've never heard of Johnny Stompanato, however.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    oh vienna wrote: »

Boyfriend of Hollywood star Lana Turner. Her daughter stabbed him to death when she was only a teenager iirc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh vienna wrote: »
    I'm 28, but I love classic cinema and musicals. West Side Story is one of my favourite films.

I do... well I don't remember it at the time it happened but I know of it - it garnered me a point in a film quiz back in the day :o. Great fan of Lana :) Postman Knocks Twice... Imitation of Life - has me in bits at the ending...

Back to topic... Loved Natalie one of the few who made a successful transition from teen star to adult... And she worked with some of the greats... James Dean, Steve McQueen... Lovely face... Wonder what else will come out about Natalie's life... there ARE more scandals to be revealed :eek: if some of the other threads in 'ere are to be believed ;) What I can't understand is if it was an accident... maybe she was accidentally pushed by RJ/CW in the heat of the moment and she fell overboard... why try to cover it up... what else was going on that night :confused:
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's true in my case but I am too young to remember other mysteries such as the Thelma Todd and Paul Bern (husband of Jean Harlow, in case anyone doesn't know) mysteries and am still fascinated. I don't know why but old Hollywood is really interesting.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member
    I never thought there was more to it. They all got hammered on land, went back onto the boat. RJ and Christopher Walken carried on drinking, she fell out with them, went to bed but couldnt sleep because the dinghy was not properly fixed to the side of the boat, plus there were empty bottles in the dinghy all of this making a racket. She went out to try to fix it and fell in.
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a very strange set-up having the husband, the wife and her young lover partying on the boat together...:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise the hardback edition of this book came out two years ago and the paperback n 2010. I was under the impression it had only just come out. The reviews of it are quite good. A very good biography of Natalie is by Suzanne Finstad.
  • purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only 36 but we did a whole latin formation routine based on West Side Story and one of my favourite films is Brainstorm!
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember at the time of her tragic death rumours that CW was having an affair with NW and RW was alleged to have said he wouldnt make a fuss if CW made merry with RW too..

NW was rumoured to have walked in and found them and then tried to leave the boat...as i say was a long time ago and maybe all rubbish...but stranger things have happened in LA LA Land.

Also the Stampanto murder was again a cover up if the rumours are true..Lana Turner was the one who killed him and she convinced the daughter to take the blame for the sake of her career etc.