Options

YouTube comments.... nastiest place on the web?

Comments

• Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    The comments for every video on YouTube almost always descend into a race row.

Do they.

ERP - Lament Subrosa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Wuv-GYKqg

Erp alsoran.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvjtGWi5g3M

:p
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Did you not see the word "almost" in my post?
    And I take it you are not familiar with 'hyperbole'?
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Did you not see the word "almost" in my post?
    And I take it you are not familiar with 'hyperbole'?

Point taken about hyperbole.

However, original point still stands.

Whether YouTube comments descend into arsyness depends.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,227
    Forum Member
    just watch the video then and don't read the comments, it ain't difficult

It kind of is :o

The one thing you are tempted to do when watching a video is scrolling down to see the comments if there are any.
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once made a negative comment on whoever it was who won the X factor and released Hallelujah. Just pointing out there were better versions.

Cue abuse!!
  • Options
    IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    If you want a truly sick place try the Topix Sex forums. Apart from threads about incest, beastiality and whatever else, there are also threads asking for teens and pre-teens to post their BBM/KIK/MSN and whatever else IDs so they can chat to grown men about sex. I've complained several times to CEOP and a few online child safe agencies, but apparently they're all powerless to do anything. The whole damn forum should be shut down, because it's acting as a facilitator for contact, and I'm surprised the people who own it haven't been done purely on that fact alone.
  • Options
    ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Nah. There's a far nastier place over there
    >

The Devil himself couldn't have done any better :)

Why, what lies over there?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, YouTube's definitely the nastiest website for comments. Anything goes on that website. It's not the place to be if you're sensitive. The owners won't do anything about it either because they're focused on getting as many members as they can at all costs.
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    As mentioned earlier in this thread there are some serious nutjobs at IMDB too.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The day youtube comments get moderated is the day another piece of internet freedom dies
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why, what lies over there?

Good question, what does lie 'over there' ? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Lately every video i watch on youtube has comments about either Justin Beiber or One Direction. I was dying to point out that this video has nothing to do with Justin or One Direction and if they wanted to talk about them maybe they should watch one of their videos but i didn't because i wanted to avoid the possibility of having an argument with a bunch of 12 year old fangirls. Totally not worth it.
  • Options
    Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    I remember being really disgusted with YouTube after watching the "Girl with a funny talent" video. Some of the posts were utterly disgusting, they've removed the comments for it now.
  • Options
    scar_tissuescar_tissue Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lately every video i watch on youtube has comments about either Justin Beiber or One Direction. I was dying to point out that this video has nothing to do with Justin or One Direction and if they wanted to talk about them maybe they should watch one of their videos but i didn't because i wanted to avoid the possibility of having an argument with a bunch of 12 year old fangirls. Totally not worth it.

Its usually the geeky 20 something video game fan boys that are worst in my experience.

Theres something about that place that brings out the most extreme emotions in people.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    It can be fun getting into a verbal battle every now and then, but nothing too ridiculous and only on the relatively harmless videos of course.

It's when I'm happily watching a cat video and then get the urge to click on one of the suggestions at the side that involves religion vs homosexuality that I really have to stop myself having a look. Whether it's the comments or the video itself, the content can sometimes get a bit much.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iqoniq wrote: »
    If you want a truly sick place try the Topix Sex forums. Apart from threads about incest, beastiality and whatever else, there are also threads asking for teens and pre-teens to post their BBM/KIK/MSN and whatever else IDs so they can chat to grown men about sex. I've complained several times to CEOP and a few online child safe agencies, but apparently they're all powerless to do anything. The whole damn forum should be shut down, because it's acting as a facilitator for contact, and I'm surprised the people who own it haven't been done purely on that fact alone.
    I think I'll give that one a miss on account of the fact that I am not a grotty pervert who deserves to have my bollocks gnawed off by a rabid pitbull.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember being really disgusted with YouTube after watching the "Girl with a funny talent" video. Some of the posts were utterly disgusting, they've removed the comments for it now.

Dare one ask what this talent is?
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Nastiest place on the web is the spider's arsehole.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This makes me feel relieved that my videos haven't been subjected to arguments and abusive comments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other forum's can get pretty nasty!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Other forum's can get pretty nasty!

I second this *nods*
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you cant take it seriously. as others have said, people that are sensitive to it should leave the comments alone. nothing anyone says surprises me anymore, I just see it a pathetic trolling. the comments are entertaining in general and its nice to get opinions on a vid, just skim past stupid stuff

there are never going away so its pointless to be effected. its worse for the people putting personal vids up then getting called a C##T lol. the thing I love about youtube is the freedom, it shouldnt be too controlled. kids definately shouldnt use it unsupervised.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I second this *nods*

I think it's an insecurity thing ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    I think it's an insecurity thing ;)

:confused: whether or not someones insecure, it doesn't make it ok for people to post really rude comments.