Why have none of the judges mentioned Chloe audition from 2006

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
Forum Member
I was wondering why none of the judges have mentioned that Chloe auditioned in 2006 without a posh accent and was virtually a different person.

It has just been brushed aside and no mention of it.

As she has been on numerous TV shows I think she was probably picked by producers from an agency for column inches and is probably employed to be there.

Comments

• jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest i really dont see what difference it makes.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sure it was mentioned on one of those 'Look Back' episodes but, yeah, it is conveniently glossed over on the main show, probably because Simon slated her in 2006. And yes her whole, 'Oh my gosh, thank you so maaach!' act is, at the very least, exaggerated as she wasn't really like that on The Face.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's had that accent in everything I've seen her in. The Face, interviews from years ago. I can't find the clip of her from X Factor in 2006 though.
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does still have that sort of "posh" tone to her voice here but not as polished as it is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bfoEMsJ4vQ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    she speaks posh now because she went to finishing school, whats it matter how she speaks, she just re invented her self like most fame hungry people do, good for her...
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she speaks posh now because she went to finishing school, whats it matter how she speaks, she just re invented her self like most fame hungry people do, good for her...
    In other words, it's a fake accent. One doesn't develop their accent at 16 years old.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluefb wrote: »
    In other words, it's a fake accent. One doesn't develop their accent at 16 years old.
    Some people do.
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why would they mention it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluefb wrote: »

It's called Elocution. Nobody has that type of accent naturally, it's taught. Doesn't mean it's 'fake' as such, because once you learn to speak a certain way it can be hard to go back to how you were before. A lot of performers try to learn it because it makes pronunciation and copying accents easier.