I think we need a 5th episode of EastEnders

CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
Forum Member
✭✭
None Carter characters are simply not getting enough screen-time, but im not looking to cut down on the Carters, as I do them, I think we need a 5th episodes to allow other characters to develop, and have storylines, Kat and Alife squatting for a couple of weeks despite the estate agent showing people around the property, and characters like Liam and Cindy being completely forgotten, along wit Patrick and Denise similar, we need a 5th non-Carter episode.

Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    They struggle to find decent stories to fill FOUR episodes, never mind five.

They just need to adjust the balance a bit, that's all.
  • mandead88mandead88 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE should go back down to three episodes a week. Regardless of who is EP, it would focus the quality of the storylines and force them to get rid of characters who don't work and don't get enough air time.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    It makes me appreciate the days more when it is on.
    Wednesdays are disappointing to me because EE is not on, but I think we need that so we can be extra glad when it's back on Thursday!
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Wednesday 8:00pm is the ONLY slot. No double/Hour longs unless there is a reason (I.e Christmas) no weekend slots (Apart from Christmas)
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather it was on Tuesday and Thursdays only and the quality continued to improve.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I struggle to sit through 4 episodes never mind sitting through 5 episodes!!
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No we don't.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I don't think it needs another episode, especially not for those reasons. I think the balance is a lot better than people claim so there's doesn't need to be another episode to give characters more screentime. I think they should just focus on improving the episodes they have even more, the show's good atm but there's always room for improvement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 episodes is spot on, the beeb have got it just right.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With a bigger cast like now yes they do. Screen time needs to be more equal rather then his top 6 getting most of the Storylines and screentome. Plus on anwednesday infer fed up with no ee on.

If he has to make it carter Central and the usual 4 episodes more evenly featuring the other characters Storylines and the top 6's Storylines given a little less focus during these day but still go on.

Characters like donna, masoods, Lola, cindy and Liam and cokers could really do with the addition of the 5th episode after being neglected most of the year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree as with the huge cast and the amount of storylines that get neglected mid-storyline, they could very well use another episode a week to cover it.
  • Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree to an extent - I'd prefer an hour episode once a week.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Theres a lot of other practical things they can do to tackle iniquities and inbalances in how storylines are shared out.

4 episodes is just about right .
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooo. I think 3 episodes would be better.
  • missemmerdale22missemmerdale22 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think two would be enough for ee the storylines haven't that good, only storyline I like is Linda one no one else is Lucy murder has been a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    The episodes are already fine as it is. The Tuesday episode gives you a chance to digest what you have just seen and then wonder what will happen next.
    Besides, it has been like this for years.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With all due respect...

We need a 5th episode like I need a third nipple.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I'd like an extra episode on Wednesdays.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    With all due respect...

We need a 5th episode like I need a third nipple.

I already have a third nipple and a big golden gun.

Forget about that bloody film - in real life I put six bullets through Bond's skull before he was able to shoot once. :D

As for the OP it is never going to happen but back to three episodes would be ideal.

More time, more rehearsals, more quality. :)
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    really not sure about cutting it to 3 episodes, it will pretty much just become "The Carters" at that point. They do need to get the balance right.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two a week was the best era.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    really not sure about cutting it to 3 episodes, it will pretty much just become "The Carters" at that point. They do need to get the balance right.

It wouldn't need to become Just Carters. They just need to cut down on the percentage of airtime dedicated to them. the balance can be corrected however many episodes they produce a week. Your logic seems to be that if they had more episodes the other characters would automatically get more screen time but how do you know they wouldn't just give even more storylines to the Carters? Perhaps giving The kids prominent storylines in their own rights rather than them just being support most of the time as they are now.

You can have a better distribution of storylines with just an hour a week as shows like Dallas, Dynasty used to do, as EE didfor years and as Holby city does now. The fault, if there is one, is with the storylining structure, not the amount of time they have to play with.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yest the Wednesday episode could focus just on the Carters because they don't feature enough in th 4 normal day episodes.
  • MeissteMeisste Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I like the idea of going back to three 30 minute episodes a week and EE being the quality over quantity soap as opposed to Corrie and Emmerdale who are on 5-6 times a week. I think the show would really benefit from this and viewing figures would probably increase as well. The Friday 8pm slot would be the one I would lose.

I also think on top of the three 30 minute episodes it might be a nice idea to have one special episode a month that could go out on a Friday night or a Sunday night (varying between 30 minutes to 60 minutes depending on the episode). This could be a bit more of an experimental episode and could include-
    - Big Reveal episodes
    -Two Handers
    -Four Handers
    -Special episodes away from the square
    -Retrospectives looking back into the history of characters (Pat & Mo) (Dot's evacuee story)

EE used to do this a lot between 2000-2004 and I think its a good way of getting headlines and doing something a little bit different, What do people think?
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    4 episodes is just perfect, 5/6 is way too much!